Lightsaber stances

JoshuaPolston

Hey I thought this was kind of a cool idea. The same way you hold your sabers no matter if you are in the juyo form or soresu form is just boring. It also was not really like this I don't think throughout books and when the forms were made up.

I would like to pose that whenever you switch stances there is a new way you hold your sabers and would even attack. Something like if you had the ataru form (carnage mara, combat sent) you would be a bit more acrobatic with additional saber movements and flips or even some sort of movement. The juyo form is supposed to be like the most vicious form of attack for any saber wielder so I think these should be changed to match up more to the way a jedi/sith would really fight in these stances.

Ya I want that too, the way the jedi hold their saber and their stance, I love it, but the stance of a sith jugger and the way they hold their saber, I'm not much of a fan of. I want to be a sith jugger that holds their saber same way as the jedi do. Edited by Jonoku

Hey I thought this was kind of a cool idea. The same way you hold your sabers no matter if you are in the juyo form or soresu form is just boring. It also was not really like this I don't think throughout books and when the forms were made up.

I would like to pose that whenever you switch stances there is a new way you hold your sabers and would even attack. Something like if you had the ataru form (carnage mara, combat sent) you would be a bit more acrobatic with additional saber movements and flips or even some sort of movement. The juyo form is supposed to be like the most vicious form of attack for any saber wielder so I think these should be changed to match up more to the way a jedi/sith would really fight in these stances.

Hire this man bioware....I would love my carnage marauder to actually do acrobatics! Not just the abilities giving a different animation in comparison to say the final abilities of rage or anihil

Yeah i feel like this would allow interest into these classes and can change up the same old stance of like the juggernaut or a sentinel. I personally love my jugg, guardian, and sentinel that I play with but the stances are just boring after a while and changing specs doesn't give you anything new to look at lol

• 1 year later...
Ya I want that too, the way the jedi hold their saber and their stance, I love it, but the stance of a sith jugger and the way they hold their saber, I'm not much of a fan of. I want to be a sith jugger that holds their saber same way as the jedi do.

Im totally agree with you but there isn't any options to change our stances( the way they hold their sabers):mad::mad:

I'll second this as well. It's too easy to implement really, it just needs some work from the animation squad. If a = 1, blah blah blah, else if b = 1, yadda yadda else /whatever. It's as easy as that.

What I would LOVE, however, is to see talent trees of Forms* themselves a bit rearranged. Ataru is supposed to be acrobatic(hell even the tooltip mentions that!), yet which form gets an additional jump? One of the least likely to be acrobatic really(in the bottom 3 for sure). Shii-Cho! LOLZ! So, my wish is to somehow move the Zealous leap to Combat and give Focus(Shii-Cho tree) a whirlwind attack. Everything that was tied to the Leap would be tied to the FW(Force Whirlwind) now. The same applies to the Combat. There, fixed!

Ataru is REALLY misrepresented in TOR, no way how you look at it. If you want to see my in depth analysis of Forms, take a look at my thread on mmorpg.com:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/411415/Fightsabre-blows-in-this-one.html

Have a nice day!

To help push this discussion further...

Form I : Shii-Cho => I would suggest simple swipe either one-handed or two-handed.

Form II : Makashi => Makashi is based around fencing so no broad movement. Direct hits with lightsaber's tip is more fitting. Completely single-handed-style.

Form III : Soresu => Keep the lightaber close to your body. Mostly a two-handed style. Offensively looks like Shi-Cho.

Form IV : Ataru => Rotation and jump. Master Strike is a good Ataru's move, same with many Sent's move.

Form V : Shien => Similar to Soresu but with more powerful strikes, mostly two-handed.

Form VI : Niman => Jack of all trades, Niman would fit well with a single bladed Shadow's style.

Form VII : Juyo => Again Juyo is kinda hard to describe. It uses Shien's powerful swipes, Ataru's rotation and speed, Makashi's precision.

It would be nice to create variants of those style for Double-bladed lightsabers and an Ataru, Makashi, Shii-Cho and Juyo variant for Sent along with the single bladed form.

Basicly this should be implemented as a buff the player use on himself. The actual skill tree he is using wouldn't matter.

• 1 year later...

I had a similar idea, but more basic. Lightsaber stances would simple affect how you hold the lightsaber when not attacking. All the attacks would remain the way they currently are. This way it would presumable need very little resources to implement.

and actually, after searching I found that this has been suggested before by someone else.

Soresu would be like how the Guardian holds the saber

the other forms would be either like a Juggernaut, a Sage, or a sentinel with only one saber.

I think this would be a much better cosmetic addition to the game than all of those mounts/decorations currently being added.

And since it's somewhat related, i want to mention that currently, imo the Guardian looks pretty silly running around holding the saber like that between combat.

/signed

Though, I'm mainly signing so I could do this in game. If you want to get down to a specific form for a reverse grip, it would have to be Shien, as it's an unorthodox grip for Form V. Considering the only character in canon that uses a reverse grip to my knowledge (Ahsoka Tano), uses Shien as her primary form of combat, so it'd really be the only form that would allow a reverse grip in my opinion.

Edited by StarkillerVB