Does Sith Assassin Overload not work?

samfwalton

I don't know if it's just be but when i use overload to knock players back and they have no white bar it DOES NOT WORK.

No damage, no knockback. Just the animation and the CD

Is this how it's supposed to be? Because I have an ability so I can you know, use it.

I don't know if it's just be but when i use overload to knock players back and they have no white bar it DOES NOT WORK.

No damage, no knockback. Just the animation and the CD

Is this how it's supposed to be? Because I have an ability so I can you know, use it.

If you're trying to knock back a Guardian or Juggernaut who just leaped to you, its likely they have their expertise set to pick up the box that prevents them from being knocked back 4 seconds after they jump/leap to an enemy.

If its against powertechs or vanguards, and you try to knock them back while a yellow circle around their feet glows, they are using "Hold the Line", also preventing knock backs.

If its a against a shadow or assassin that is glowing yellow or white, they have their anti-tech/force effect ability activated and are also immune to most abilities.

I'm not sure what your particular issue is, posting a video maybe would help, but it sounds like perhaps you're trying to knock back players that you weren't aware had a knock back immunity skill.

Edited by SOULCASTER

If you're trying to knock back a Guardian or Juggernaut who just leaped to you, its likely they have their expertise set to pick up the box that prevents them from being knocked back 4 seconds after they jump/leap to an enemy.

If its against powertechs or vanguards, and you try to knock them back while a yellow circle around their feet glows, they are using "Hold the Line", also preventing knock backs.

If its a against a shadow or assassin that is glowing yellow or white, they have their anti-tech/force effect ability activated and are also immune to most abilities.

I'm not sure what your particular issue is, posting a video maybe would help, but it sounds like perhaps you're trying to knock back players that you weren't aware had a knock back immunity skill.

Uhm Expertise? don't you mean talent points

I have been noticing over the last few days that Overload sometimes doesnt work on players with no resolve and not juggs. It may be a lag issue. It may be some kinda glitch but last night I tried to stealth on the VS bridge and knock a bunch of people off. I did my Overload right on them. The animation went on but it did not have an effect on any of the 4-6 players I used it on. They all just ran past. I thought maybe I was lagged and they were past me when i did it already. I dunno. Tried it again later in another zone in another spot and No effect. But sometimes It does work. I just hope for the best when I hit it.

I have been noticing over the last few days that Overload sometimes doesnt work on players with no resolve and not juggs. It may be a lag issue. It may be some kinda glitch but last night I tried to stealth on the VS bridge and knock a bunch of people off. I did my Overload right on them. The animation went on but it did not have an effect on any of the 4-6 players I used it on. They all just ran past. I thought maybe I was lagged and they were past me when i did it already. I dunno. Tried it again later in another zone in another spot and No effect. But sometimes It does work. I just hope for the best when I hit it.

I have experienced that myself on my shadow, assassin and sage actually as well.

I've seen this before as well, specifically on the VS bridge.

Overload is no longer a 360 degree KB. It's a 45 or so degree cone frontal KB. If you're not facing your opponent, you will not knock them back.

^This. Basically, if they are just like slightly to your right and a foot from you, you're going to miss, 45 degree knockback is indeed stupid, especially since snipers/mercs still get 360 degree knockbacks, ones that root enemies no less.

Overload is no longer a 360 degree KB. It's a 45 or so degree cone frontal KB. If you're not facing your opponent, you will not knock them back.

Oh really? Omg!!

I'm not sure about the other guys in this thread, but I'm talking about when I'm facing an opponent. Thanks for stating the obvious though, twice.

Oh really? Omg!!

I'm not sure about the other guys in this thread, but I'm talking about when I'm facing an opponent. Thanks for stating the obvious though, twice.

I haven't had this problem and I PvP A LOT. Either you're overloading a full resolve target or one immune to kbs. There's no reason to get snarky. Clearly there are people that don't know about the change.

Oh really? Omg!!

I don't know about your case, but any type of lag really seems to affect overload for me, many times it doesn't even show the animation and no one appears to have been knocked back but the skill is on cooldown, it seems like it has happened more frequently over the last couple weeks, not sure though.

same here