Sorc spec

OpeningToEndgame

What is the cookie cutter spec that seems to make Sorcs do 700-1 million dmg in pvp? I can only do around 350 average.

Lightning/madness hybrid. They typically get these sort of numbers in extremely lengthy ranked games, where they are basically left to free cast the entire time. But 350k average damage is low even as pure madness.

Lightning/madness hybrid. They typically get these sort of numbers in extremely lengthy ranked games, where they are basically left to free cast the entire time. But 350k average damage is low even as pure madness.
I prefer the 0/18-20/21-23 hybrids since they're good regardless of who you are up against but in an enviroment where you get to free cast and don't have to worry about force/survivability I'd say that madness is much better at dishing out damage.

As for 350k being low, it depends on what the rest of the players in his games have. I'm probably not exaggerating if I say that 350K would earn a top damage spot in 9/10 of my games, that's how short the games are. That's the outcome of a system where random players are, without any criterias, thrown into games and the matches rarely to never are particulary even.

Edited by Washingtoon

What is the cookie cutter spec that seems to make Sorcs do 700-1 million dmg in pvp? I can only do around 350 average.

People VASTLY exaggerate their scoreboard numbers on this forum.

The last 20 wzs (level 50) that I've played, only one guy broke 500K.

Nobody does 700-1M damage in warzones on a regular basis - not even the smashmonkeys.

And if there really is someone who does, you don't want him on your team because he never heard of objectives.

Sorc/Sages strength is utility, not damage - if you do 350, you are fine.

Edited by Totaltrash

I would say, pick up Madness and "wrath" from the madness tree. Then pick up lightning barrage, chain lightning, lightning storm, force suffusion and backlash from the lightning tree.

Single target: force lightning until you get a wrath proc, then use that for a lightning strike which may proc chain lightning and use chain lightning.

Multiple targets clumped up: Force Storm until you get a chain lightning proc then chain lightning.

Multiple targets spread out. Put affliction on lots of them so you get lightning barrages all the time. Then do your single-target dps.

I'm not really sure about insane numbers, but I've run a 31/10 Madness Sorc spec since I've returned. I usually hit about 400k , but my sorc only has like 2 WH pieces and the rest is BM. So I'll likley get higher when I gear up my Sage and throw some augments into it. on the other server.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201bZbsr0dRr0zZcMcRsMz.2

With this spec you should be able to reach such numbers in very long games.

You won't have the force problems you have with a full madness spec, you will rarely run out of force (unless you spam force storm all day long).

Multi-dot with affliction, spam force lightning, use wrath procs for crushing darkness > lightning strike, use force storm on 3+ people to get fast instant chain lightning procs, use recklessness with instant chain lightning + death field on 3+ enemies.

Shock is nice to finish someone off or if you have to move, but I wouldn't use it in a normal rotation.

Another important thing (for getting high numbers as a Sorc in general, with any spec) is your positioning. You need to be a bad kill target for the enemy so they will likely focus on your teammates. If you keep standing in the openfield you won't get your high damage because you spend most of the time at the respawn.

Edited by iphobia

The only times you will see 1 million damage from a class outside rage is stalled out games on CW or NC. I have seen a sorc put up over a million (heck I got 500k as deception and I defended for half the game) because the south node never got capped til late, just loads of healing on both sides.

If you really wanna see your damage go up, do what the other stat-padding sorcs do and DoT up anything that moves. You'll get your big damage numbers without really accomplishing much of anything. Or keep doing 300k a game with 150k healing from bubbles and CC the crud out of everyone. It's what you're meant to do anyway in the current game environment.