Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Legacy Question About Companions

Beyorn

If I understand the Legacy panel in game correctly you only need to unlock a companion of each type to get all the bonuses right? So if I have them all unlocked on one character I don’t need to do them on another (except to get the quest and the story). Is this right?

But each individual companion can also give the +10 presence. So even if you have a melee tank unlocked it's still worthwhile to unlock other melee tanks for +10 presence each (the big buff's are already unlocked from the first guy). If you unlock every companion in the game that's +400 presence to your legacy, Edited by Kerensk

Thanks guys ;D

I guess there is no need to gift the ship droid is there also?

Faster / better crew skill missions / crafting, but no legacy benefit that I'm aware of.

And as far as the presence goes: it's a big deal when leveling. I started playing a second Agent recently and Kaliyo is more beastly than she should possibly be at my level.

Edited by ebado

I guess there is no need to gift the ship droid is there also?

He will never come up with anything more interesting to say, but it will improve his crafting and mission crit chance, and he's the best companion in the game for certain skills, if you put the right sensor module on him (e.g., the one that gives +5 crit on Cybertech). If you don't use him for missions or crafting at all, then it's kind of pointless to raise his affection.

As far as presence go it's good to 50 a human toon asap, the hefty +100 presence bonus makes all the difference, believe me.

It does add up. With the human species perk and two or three classes having the companion perks done, your companions will turn beastly at lower levels; they'll easily do twice the damage and have twice the HP of your character in the early game.

It does add up. With the human species perk and two or three classes having the companion perks done, your companions will turn beastly at lower levels; they'll easily do twice the damage and have twice the HP of your character in the early game.

oh yea!

i have all companions (except kira) complete and the human bonus as well. so thats 490 extra presence at level 1, plus you start off with 60-70ish iirc so you get ~560 to start with, ive was able to solo BT on my sw at level 9 with vette :D

oh yea!

i have all companions (except kira) complete and the human bonus as well. so thats 490 extra presence at level 1, plus you start off with 60-70ish iirc so you get ~560 to start with, ive was able to solo BT on my sw at level 9 with vette :D

Don't forget you can craft presence armor, command stims, and there are also drinks in cantinas that boost presence as well. It can really add up!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.