What's up with the CE Vendor? Did you have your talks already?

Alec_Fortescue

Didn't they say in one of the live Q&A that they wouldn't be updating the CE vendor at least not anytime soon. Now that the cartel market is there I don't see them going back to the CE vendor.

Most recent interview stated that they will have talks in january about the future of those "secondary vendors", as they referred to CE and sec-key ones.

Didn't they say in one of the live Q&A that they wouldn't be updating the CE vendor at least not anytime soon. Now that the cartel market is there I don't see them going back to the CE vendor.

What they said is that it hadn't occurred to them and they would look into it. Basically if they were being honest then the devs more or less forget the vendor existed. Hopefully they will revisit it, but since it was forgotten about I wouldn't expect it soon.

We all bought the ticket now we have to take the ride. I got my CE for physical stuff. We knew full and well it was never going to get updated....Well at least I did.

I would actually expect them to some how charge players to unlock the vendor at some point so they could gain access if they put up the cash to unlock.

it's the nature of greed and will be the most likely outcome.

Edited by nartiuslightlord

They were meant to have "talks" this month. I don't know why, I don't know why would anyone have talks about the future of a simple vendor with few extra item. More items were promised and we paid large sums for those updaes.

Exactly, they now have your money. You never buy into future promises with any MMO, if what they offer up front isn't worth the money at the start then you're just gambling. In this case, you lost and they made profit. At least you still have access to that set of armor in the CE vendor you can't even buy on the Cartel for now. Us VIP buyer got up there to find a vendor with nothing to sell but an ugly recolor of an even uglier speeder.

Edited by Elfa

Exactly, they now have your money. You never buy into future promises with any MMO, if what they offer up front isn't worth the money at the start then you're just gambling. In this case, you lost and they made profit. At least you still have access to that set of armor in the CE vendor you can't even buy on the Cartel for now. Us VIP buyer got up there to find a vendor with nothing to sell but an ugly recolor of an even uglier speeder.

VIP vendor is available to everyone, though. :l

VIP vendor is available to everyone, though. :l

Still costs 1 million credits to get up there though.

Also, it's only the 17th, they've got over a week until we hit February and even then it's unlikely that Mr. Gonzalez is going to turn up and say "Happy Valentine's! We talked about the CE/VIP vendor and can confirm fish paste!"

It takes them countless months to confirm whether or not something is a thing and, while I'd like it if Bioware were more open with us, I highly doubt they're going to change their communication system now, especially considering how well it's going (the communication we've experience over the Phantom armour is an anomaly.)

Still costs 1 million credits to get up there though.

Also, it's only the 17th, they've got over a week until we hit February and even then it's unlikely that Mr. Gonzalez is going to turn up and say "Happy Valentine's! We talked about the CE/VIP vendor and can confirm fish paste!"

It takes them countless months to confirm whether or not something is a thing and, while I'd like it if Bioware were more open with us, I highly doubt they're going to change their communication system now, especially considering how well it's going (the communication we've experience over the Phantom armour is an anomaly.)

*Only* one million credits. This is nothing nowadays.