Subbed for a month, won't be back

bespinsystem

I hope the OP finds a game he can enjoy and I respect his opinion. Now onto where I disagree with him...

TOR is by far the easiest game to level in and by far the most fun. SWG? Before the NGE there was few quests to be had. The fastest way to gain XP was to join a spin group and kill mobs of animals for hours on end. WOW? A bunch of boring quest text that you stop reading because it's all the same. Usually the complaint I hear about TOR's quests is that it's too easy, not that it's too hard. I mean my gosh, has WOW gotten so watered down that it's actually easier than TOR?

Community? I see no difference in TOR than I have in any other MMO with the exception of WOW. WOW has the worse community I've ever seen hands down. Biggest bunch of idiotic jerks I've ever had the displeasure of playing with. Tired of people grabbing your nodes? Then grab the node before you engage the mob that is around it. It' s not like the mobs are so tough that you will die. You DO have a companion that can engage them and fight them off until you get what you need. Unlike WOW, it's not like you entire leveling is based around an NPC or node that you have to click. Most of your missions take you inside an instanced area that is all you unless you decide to group with someone. So there isn't a line of players standing around waiting to kill the same NPC like in WOW. In TOR, that is the exception, not the rule.

Edited by oslek

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just get the feeling you wish swtor was more like swg. Almost all the gripes you've mentioned are present in every mmo I've played and that list is extensive. If you don't like the game just quit without the need for a long winded yet eloquent post.

Agreed.

There are still private SWG servers being hosted, if you'd like to play that again. Check out SWGemu.

Clone War Adventures vs. SWTOR

Apples vs. Oranges

I can't stand playing Call of Duty. I find the game dull and boring. I hated Grand Theft Auto. Guess what, some people don't like some games.

Key differences in SWTOR compared to the Mothership game WoW.

1. It is far harder to level SWTOR than WoW. However, things have been getting easier with the Cartel shop. Best Example? At one point, Bioware actual gave people 30 days of gaming if they made it to 50. I know many of you will scream at the top of your lungs, Leveling is Soooo easy. Compared to WoW, it's not easy. This is actually one of the guy's main and repeated complaints.

2. Interactive story line. If you don't want an interactive story line, I have to say that this game is probably not for you. Though I'd like to know if anyone spacebarred their first character all the way to 50.

What isn't different.

1. The community is the same group of people who play these games. And yes, no real interaction occurs until max level.

2. There is seriously little to no RPing on any server, anywhere, in any game.

3. Quest which ask you to kill X, pick up X, or destroy X. Once again, the interactive story line helps with this, but if you can't look past the hexadecimal, the quests are boring and repetitive. Although this is true with all computer games.

I have really enjoyed this game since release and I don't plan on playing any other MMO until this one is dead and gone. I spacebarred all of my characters, Imperial Agent, Stih Warrior, Bounty Hunter. I didn't need to watch the cutscense to enjoy the game...

If I really wanted to see the cutscenes, I could just find them all on youtube.

Edited by Hachirowan

Lots of assumptions in your spoiler there, Bucko.

1). Clone Wars Adventures is 6 bucks a month, that is confirmed. You must have assumed I was talking about SWTOR's sub, which I wasn't. You didn't read very carefully. And that's kind of what is wrong with humanity. To be fair, it's a long post, but if you're going to take the time out of your busy day to reprimand my opinions, you'd better make sure you actually read what you're flaming.

2). A month is plenty of time to get to know the community of the game you are trying out. Historically, most free trials (when there were free trials) were 14-30 days. I'm sure there are plenty of good players swimming in the sea of mediocrity of the SWTOR playerbase. But I didn't find them. They were probably afk in the Fleet while their companions were doing missions (and yes, I know all about companion missions, my point was it's still a time and inventory-consuming process, any way you look at it.

3). When was the last time you rolled a new toon? Have you done so since F2P went live? I suspect you haven't (now obviously you are going to type you have....probably 8 dozen, just to gainsay my experience. But my heart tells me you're lying). If you had, you'd know it's pretty rough. And for all I know you're one of the ninjas, and have no problems with other players doing so. you're also probably a pvper. Now I'M making sweeping generalizations. Not very nice, is it?

4). I know mileage varies on MMOs. The bottom line is this. SWTOR should be a better game than it is. I highly doubt many would disagree with that. Oh and btw, I hardly think the code for TIE Fighter would blow a BioWare coder's mind. It's an 18 year old game, and it's better than the space combat in SWTOR, taking a fraction of the resources and memory.

5). I've played LOTRO. Leveling up in that game is a lot more enjoyable than the first 20 levels of SWTOR. Also, keep this in mind: in the past 30 days, over 8 toons, I gained 160 levels. And none of those levels were particularly remarkable, innovative, insightful or, for lack of a better word, fun.

Like I said, I respect the opinions of people who think there's nothing wrong with SWTOR. However, I expect those people, including you, to respect my opinion that it's a steaming pile. So good luck to you, and have fun afking in the Fleet.

And to the individual who asks what's the point of the long winded post about my displeasure with the game? Well, to let the community know what I think of the game, right? I'm not real concerned whether you care or not, but my opinion, as a paying customer, is going to be on public record. And that's that.

For the companion thing, you must have never played another MMO before. It is actually more time consuming in almost every other MMO to do crafting since you have to go out and take time off from whatever you want to do to find the items you want. Where as in SWTOR you can be doing your lvling and still have your crafting going. It saves you time. I don't know how you fail to see that. Oh but you only made it to 20. That maybe yeilded 1 other companion so you missed out on the other 4.