Since my Cyber is useless, what skill make money post-50?

Letsjet

nuff said.

How is it useless? You have WAY more avenues to make money that just about any other craft except for Artifice.

If you are @ 50, and really want to make credits you should be running ops/FP for BH comms/drops and/or farming WZ for gear:

RE PVP Armoring/Mods for Stabs, PvE BH Armoring for Mole Stabs, and PvE Mods for Mole Stabs/Schematics. this alone will net you a TON of profit in short order just selling Mole Stabs, but..... You also get high level Mod schematics, which some sell for 300K+ on the GTN, and you don't even have to step into a HM/NiM raid to do it.. Just get your daily/weekly allotment of BH comms(which will net a ton of cash), and PvP when you have down time...

Cybertech also makes sustainable money via low level mods. The whole point is using the GTN is to find a niche where you can get vast profit margins for little effort. My Armstech toon makes enough money to support 5 others. How? I don't even sell Barrels. I found that players, especially rerollers will pay a premium for lower level items because they are trying to level as quickly as possible.

With this knowledge, I scoped the market and found that purple augments for level 37-41, of all things I could craft, sold better than any high level stuff. I am talking 200% profit, and I am trying to be as fair as possible with a price. I can't keep them in stock. I make 12-15k per augment. Doing this enables me not to HAVE to do dailies to survive, as I make close to 400k per week doing this alone, then add in the selling of Mole Stabs.... Since 1.6 (about a month ago) I have made over 8-10 million. Not selling any "high level" items.

You can do the same thing with Cyber. Quality Mods/Armoring is hard to come by while leveling. Most of the time, the rewarded ones are either obsolete or you have to wait 2-3 levels before you can even use them. Look on your GTN and check what is available and you craft blue/purple(least amount of competition @ low levels), that are scarce(purple mods will fetch because they "skip" a level. A purple level 10 is almost equiv to a green level 12). Acquiring the mats for purple quality can be a pain, but getting a 2nd toon up and running with Slicing, UWT, TH(to get slicing mission drops for use or sell) will make you "faceroll" in the Benjies...

Edited by L-RANDLE

Just a small question: How can you make money out of Artifice?

I never seem to get that right.

Same way.. low level enhancements are tougher to come by than Mods are... They also "skip" a level so crafting purple quality is going to last a player longer, so most who know that, will pay the premium for something they can use for 4-8 levels before they have to think about replacing it... You could also try hilts, but you need 1 or 2 hilts versus 7 enhancements per toon, and there is no "class" issues, where only half the classes can benefit. This is why I don't waste my time selling low barrels, not enough slots and the amount of buyers is cut in half since force users won't buy them (for the most part).

IMO the best levels to craft items is between Level 25-45. These are the levels where PvE content is challanging enough that you can't walk in wearing lower level greens. You can buy those purples and not regear for awhile...

Edited by L-RANDLE

Thanks I was just wondering. :)

yeah to really "profit" in this game, you need a Cyber and Artifice... I didn't come to the party choosing Bio and Arms like a big dummy. I didn't get rich until I got my Cyber going, and now my Artifice hit 400 about a week ago... I bought rockets boots for 5 toons, selling Mole Stabs from RE'd WH/BH gear and Purple Overkill 16/18 Augments.... LOL...

To the OP, if your ship droid doen't have it already, spend the credits to buy the ship repair droid so you can buy the sensor unit that increases UWT crit. With my Cyber, I then had two toons with UWT crit bonus and my return became much better. You can't be afraid to rotate between levels either. UWT has Fabrics as an option, so sometimes you can't run all UWT Grade 6 missions that net metals. If you have companions remaining for mission runs, farm grade 4 & 5 for metals and craft the lower level items----Profit...

Edited by L-RANDLE

it's not just purple enhancements and mods and purple gear in the mid 40's range is gold and sells for much higher than even lvl 50 stuff since they gave away the free recruit/tionese gear once you hit 50. i've been selling purple gear bracers, belts, especially for trooper/bounty, and smug/IA, from my armormech for 30k, 40k for augmented from lvl 41 to lvl 47 gear. and about the same from my sythweave for the jedis/sith. The Chapter 3 push is the big one because they start to ramp up in difficulty quickly

If you can't earn money with Cybertech you will be not able to earn any money with any other skill.

Cybertech is the most rewarding skill in the endgame.

I would argue that Biochem, Cybertech and Artiface are all on about the same level. While Biochem doesn't have the same direct profit as Cyber and Arti, the money you save with reusables and/or making your own stims and adrenals is pretty significant, and if you have EC HM and TFB HM on farm you can start REing the implants for schematics and stabilizers and make big chunks of change on them as well.

Troll or idiot? Cybertech is handily the best skill in the game. I'm levelling mine up now so I can reverse forty-seven version 26 mods. Besides learning a bunch of the schems so I can craft and sell them at obscene profit (well less than 27s, but still) I'll get around 70 Molecular Stabilizers which will get me about ten million credits.

If you can't earn money with Cybertech you will be not able to earn any money with any other skill.

Cybertech is the most rewarding skill in the endgame.

i'm loaded in the millions and millions from other characters, i just want to make what my crew skill says i should make

Troll or idiot? Cybertech is handily the best skill in the game. I'm levelling mine up now so I can reverse forty-seven version 26 mods. Besides learning a bunch of the schems so I can craft and sell them at obscene profit (well less than 27s, but still) I'll get around 70 Molecular Stabilizers which will get me about ten million credits.

Well that could not be the issue.... While it could be a troll, imagine it is your first to 50 with Cyber. You won't have any ops experience, or any WH+/BH+ gear to be REing to get those epic credits you speak of. What do you do? You got to crawl before you walk.

Farm HM FP & SM OPS and Daily/Weekly for BH/RWZ/WZ comms, RE the rewards & craft low level purple stuff.

PROFIT FACEROLLIN' LIKE A BAUSS!!!!

i'm loaded in the millions and millions from other characters, i just want to make what my crew skill says i should make

So you got other toons and can't make money off Cyber?

LOLWAT!!

Mods/Armoring make more money than any other craft in the game... Maybe I fell for the trollbait too...:p

nuff said.

Sorry but Cybertech is the best money maker out there. You just dont know how to work the market and what you can make. I have done well over 20 million from cybertech. Look at what you can make and see what ppl need as they lvl. its not about lvl 49-50

"Nuff Said"

Edited by Bethmora

I call shenanigans.

1.2 million per 27 mod? 1.6 million per 27 armoring? Yeah, it's just "impossible" to make any money with cybertech :rolleyes:

I believe you've dug yourself into a hole and are trying to bulls**t your way out of it.

Edited by Khevar

The same way I've made millions with cybertech. I could make 150k a day selling cybertech items if I wanted. Problem is I'm leveling 3 alts in addition to running dailies on my 3 50's. I probably set aside one day just for gathering mats for all my toons and crafting. I sell what I make so I probably make anywhere from 150k-300k a week just on cybertech. I also have BioChem, Armormech, Synthweaving and one that just runs slicing missions and UT.

I don't see what the issue is.

Sorry but Cybertech is the best money maker out there. You just dont know how to work the market and what you can make. I have done well over 20 million from cybertech. Look at what you can make and see what ppl need as they lvl. its not about lvl 49-50

"Nuff Said"

I've done more , but yea what's he mean its useless .. as for post -50 only making money hm I don't know about that ether at 400 CT you can make millions .... and don't need to be level 50 to do it , it helps but not needed

This applies to any crafting skill, it takes a little work to make any of them turn over a serious profit. There is not a skill that does not make money. Cybertech just happens to be the flavor of the month right now as 27 mods and armorings are making those crafters outrageously rich. Just like Armormech and Synthweavers were before the MK- augment kits were released.

It just takes a little work, and playing the GTN like a business. Credits are not going to just drop into your lap, even those very rich crafters did some work to get those credits. Every crafter still has to get those mats to make those things we all need. I made my first million, in the first few weeks of the games release on selling mats, and only mats, tons of mats, didnt craft anything until I made 50 on my 3rd alt. It is not easy cash for any profession.

Even before the 26 and 27 mods I was making a killing off low level blue armorings and mods, an absolute killing. The profit margin on blues is much higher that the purples as the mats are much easier to get, and cheaper.. FFS, if you need mats/money go back to the lower planets and farm mats off the ground. I still go to Coruscant to "The Works" to farm metals once a week, as I just cant get enough of them from missions, even with 10 toons with scavenging. You can pick up a stack in an hour as a 50 as you one shot droids all day long.

I have a Cybertech and Biochem.

I normally don't care about credits but on a whim I decided to spend a little time to see how much I could generate if I concentrated on it.

Made about 2mil on my Biochem just selling mats and a few other things. Most of the mats were just crazy extra stacks I had lying around.

Made about 1.5 mil on my cybertech without hardly trying. Just made crap to sell and none were grade 26/27. Even schematics from missions sell decently and that is just incidental extra credits.

So, ~3mil+ without hardly any effort over 2 weeks.

Granted, I usually think to myself: "I could probably generate more credits by just doing Dailies every evening"

however, crafting can be accomplished without hardly even playing. i can play another game and just craft in the background.

Made about 2mil on my Biochem just selling mats and a few other things. Most of the mats were just crazy extra stacks I had lying around.

Made about 1.5 mil on my cybertech without hardly trying. Just made crap to sell and none were grade 26/27. Even schematics from missions sell decently and that is just incidental extra credits.

So, ~3mil+ without hardly any effort over 2 weeks.

This was my experience as well. I think Cybertech and Artifice are the best because everyone needs Armor, mods, enhancements, and crystals.

reing 47 of those will at most net you 60 Molecular stabilizers. unless you have crazy rng my guess is youll end up with 55 or so. RE 26/27 mods and enhancements rarely give you more than 1 stabilizer. Armoring's give you a better chance at getting 2 per. From what i've come across the only thing that gives you 2 stab is a 26/27 armoring that is not slot specific.

I just did this myself.. had 85 pieces to r/e all 26's and came away with 98 stabilizers and 12 cubes.