Marauder specs - what do you think?

StargazerV

HI.

I'm at lvl 50 for quite some time now. At this point I'm trying to create most balances stats build for my Mara. Those specs are targeting PVE. Currently running in Annihilation spec.

Here's what I came up with

Primary:

• Strength: 1728.0
  • Endurance: 1879.0

Secondary:

• Power: 726.0
  • Accuracy: 612.0
  • Alacrity: 0.0
  • Crit: 370.0
  • Surge: 240.0

Melee stats:

• Damage (Pri): 848.6 - 1017.6
  • Damage (Sec): 221.8 - 333.3
  • Bonus Damage: 512.6
  • Accuracy: 109.89%
  • Critical Chance: 30.05%
  • Critical Multiplier: 74.17%

Those are the stats with NO BUFFS, with all relevant datacrons and Warrior's legacy affections.

What do you think about the specs? I'm concerned about 0.83% Crit. Multiplier and 0.11% Accuracy I'm missing. I was aiming for 75% Crit. Multiplier and 110% Accuracy, but couldn't reach those without loosing on other stats (Crit/Power/STR).

Well, I'm planning to stay on Annihilation.

My main question is about the stats - does it look OK? Should I give more Crit. Multiplier in cost of Accuracy, or something like that....

Dont go above 300 accuracy for annihilation (And thats in full 63 BiS)

You should always have exactly the same amount of accuracy as you do surge for Annihilation spec assuming all of your gear is the same tier. So for 61's thats 285/285. For 63's, that's 300/300. Etc

So, your stats are fine, you want ~30% crit and 75% surge, 110% accuracy. So you're basically just fine.

Now you augment for power on every slot. Power is the only stat that is not affected by DR(diminishing returns). I am guessing you augmented with Might augs (str/end) which is why your endurance is so high. Fix that and it'll increase your output.

If you want to be Carnage, you can drop 3% accuracy in favor of other stats as well, due to the +3% bonus in the Carnage tree.

I am guessing you augmented with Might augs (str/end) which is why your endurance is so high.

Endurance won't be any different with power augments, since they are +12 no matter strength or power augments.

But back to the fact that endurance is so high. I would look at your gear mods and make sure you are running the correct ones. You do not want to use the lettered mods. If you are unsure what I mean, here is an example.

Deft Mod 26 - 53 strength, 41 power and 32 endurance

Deft Mod 26A- 68 strength, 12 power and 41 endurance (strength heavy but power light)

Deft Mod 26B- 41 strength, 32 power and 53 endurance (endurance heavy)

The combined benefits from 53 strength and 41 power make the 26 mod the best of the 3. I'm guessing you might have some enhancements that might be endurance heavy as well. One thing you can do to help us help you better, is to go on to askmrrobot.com and create your toon there, and then come back here and post the link for us to evaluate your gear,

Thanks for the input guys!

About augments - they are all Accuracy, as I couldn't reach high accuracy without it.

My gear build is based on the Dread Guard Weaponmaster gear with change mostly on the mods because of that 27A mods in Dread guard.

Here's the detailed gear:

Head:

• Might Armoring 27: 72 STR, 52 END
  • Potent Mod 27: 56 STR, 34 END, 44 Crit
  • Adept Enhancement 27: 29 END, 44 PWR, 60 Surge
  • Accuracy Augment 22: 12 END, 18 ACC

Chest:

• Assault Enhancement 27: 48 END, 24 Crit, 60 Surge

Gloves:

• Initiative Enhancement 27: 29 END, 60 ACC, 44 PWR

Waist:

• Deft Mod 27: 56 STR, 34 END, 44 PWR

Bracers:

Lightsabers (main and off hands are same):

• Crystal: +44 Crit
  • Might Hilt 27: 72 STR, 52 END
  • Deft Mod 27: 56 STR, 34 END, 44 PWR
  • Accute Enhancement 27: 29 END, 60 ACC, 44 Crit

Dread Guard Relic:

• 76 END
  • 18 ACC
  • 47 PWR

BattleMaster Relic of Boundless Ages

• 49 END
  • 51 Expertise (irrelevant for this PVE build)
  • 18 ACC
  • 103 PWR

2 Hazmat Foestopper's MK-3 Implants

• 89 STR
  • 140 END
  • 18 ACC
  • 52 PWR
  • 60 Surge

Hazmat Foestopper's MK-3 Earpiece

• 108 STR
  • 105 END
  • 78 ACC
  • 76 PWR

Thanks for the input guys!

About augments - they are all Accuracy, as I couldn't reach high accuracy without it.

You're hurting yourself more than you know if this is the case.

Get rid of Accuracy augments ASAP!

your damage is suffering more because of this, your accuracy will get bumped back up with the right mods and enhancements later,you can live with lesser accuracy at the moment.

Go for PWR Augments,some will argue that STR augments are better,but that all depends on which mods/enhancements you end up with, personally my damage and crit is a tiny bit lower with STR augments than it is with PWR augments.

Yea, you better off putting the accuracy in by using 2 Hazmat Foestopper's MK-2 Package implant.

Your main stat(or as some will argue power) is better off in your augment slot.

Only expection would be tank classes.

Edit: Also, those implant you have on your build are endurance heavy and not strength heavy, you will want to change that as well.

If I added up your accuracy right, you have 510... which is too high. You want to be around 100% melee/110% force accuracy.

Edited by Sameria

Exactly? For what purpose?

Exactly is a little strong, and should perhaps be reworded "Exactly the same from implants, earpieces, and enhancements".

Accuracy past 100% is wasted (the 110% number matters, but EVERY SINGLE ABILITY besides basic Assault has a built-in 10% Accuracy boost, so at 100% listed (~300 rating) you are hitting the necessary 110% Acc on everything but your weak filler/resource builder).

Edited by Omophorus

• 2 weeks later...