Mr. Schubert's "secret baby"

Alec_Fortescue

Speculate, look for hints and interviews - post them here. I am really curious if we are to get a hood toggle, finally, or just armor dyes. Or maybe being able to remove details (like cowls, hoods, shoulder pads?) from armor pieces entirely?

Hey, guys --

We care a lot about the fact that you care about the appearances of your characters. In fact, the Mod system is my baby, largely because it allows players to customize their appearance to your liking. We have another, similar, one of my babies coming in the near future, which will allow even greater customization (you guys may have seen me hinted about it in recent interviews).

Damion Schubert

Lead Designer, SWTOR

From the interview with Dulfy:

Armor dyes can introduce a great detail of personalization and variety for players in addition to all the unique armor models. Is there a plan to introduce this feature in the Cartel Market or are there technical limitations that would prevent this?

No comment. Oh, how I would love to. But I can’t. Yet.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can live without an appearance tab with the modding system but i would like some sort of dye system. Although they would have to ramp up the armor choices for that to happen although they have been making more since f2p than before.

I agree with that. That's why I'm leaning towards some sort of appearance tab type option.

I dont get it. Why do you need an appearance tab if you can just grab your mods and stick them on the gear you want?

Would love dyes aswell btw.

Edited by Nemmar

I dont get it. Why do you need an appearance tab if you can just grab your mods and stick them on the gear you want?

Oh I don't know.....perhaps so you wouldn't have to rip out mods every time you find a new piece of gear.:rolleyes:

Because I PvP and PvE. I have 2 full suits that have (mostly) 63 mods for both. I refuse to buy any armor in the store because no matter what I'd buy, I'll never get to use it as "my look"...because I'm forced to change "my look" every freaking time I do something.

QFT. I swear they give MSpaint to the new guy and tell him to have fun.

Haha... hold on, i'll find you a pic I made, later. It's composed of a basic armor turned into a lot of funny-looking stuff with different additions, like shoulders pads, back armor, hood up etc. :) They should give us option to turn off all that. Imagine how pretty would our sets be without all those addition... Get rid of the shoulder pads/spikes from robes or back-features like back armor plating on Jedi robes and antenas on bh/trooper armors :>

There is really good gear in the game, problem is that it got "broken" by too many additions. Legacy gear is great, but Jedi Knight stuff suffers from either oversized shoulder pads or hood up-only robe. Sith Juggernaut's has a funky life-support pack on the back (the other, black set is sweet, though).

Cartel gear is interesting but still nothing to be overexcited about. Only thing I like so far is the Valiant armor on my Knight (I bought the conservator's chest piece and it actaully looks very bad and fat) and the Despot set on my Juggernaut. It's great, dark and I love the loincloth. wish I could remove the antenna. :)

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I have a feeling it's armor dyes. It's not going to affect the sale of armor on the CM because you'll still have people that want to buy the armor for characters that couldn't wear the original armor style/type (jedi being able to wear trooper armor). And just think of all the possibilities with armor dye...it would immensely help with guilds because everyone could wear the same colors on their character no matter what kind of armor they have, which also adds to the possibilty that they'll add more guild features like guild emblems in the new expansion.

I'd love to recolour my Valiant armor into white plate with dark-brown robe. Would so much fit my lightsaber :)

But dyes are still no good when players cannot see their faces!

You know, I so much wish they'd make future head-pieces for Jedi... Hoods. Yes, hoods that would override the "lowered hoods" which would be basically attached to the chestpiece. Just like most head pieces override hoods atm.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I'm guessing removing stats from the color crystals. I believe this was hinted at in the last live stream. I would prefer Dyes but am guessing this is what we will see.

Oh no, that would make us lose stats. I don't think this will happen, though. Lower-grade artificers will cry and it doesn't sound as big as Mr. Schubert makes it sound like.