Things I've liked in the last few updates

Estelindis

Just wanted to say thanks to the devs for these improvements in particular:

1) The hugely improved preview window. Now we have colour matching in the preview window (if you're already set to colour match via your character sheet), the ability to zoom in to view fine details, previewing of weapons, vehicles, etc. It's many times better than it was before.

2) Inventory/cargo sorting. I have my own system for the cargo hold on my main character, but for others who aren't so obsessively organised this option is great.

3) Ability to unlock extra character slots (got four, one via monthy stipend and three on the GTN).

4) Ancient Hypergates warzone; it's an interesting refinement on what Civil War and Novare Coast usually end up being anyway (two guarded zones and one that's a site of pitched battle).

I'm also pleased that colour-matching for companions has been fixed and that the team is going to look at a way to provide two different versions of the cartel outfits that were changed in 1.6.2.

I am mainly posting this to thank the devs and to give them some positive feedback. Of course there are lots of things that could be fixed or made better, still many bugs to be squashed, but I appreciate what I've seen so far in terms of improvement.

To anyone reading: have any improvements stood out to you in particular?

1) The hugely improved preview window. Now we have colour matching in the preview window (if you're already set to colour match via your character sheet), the ability to zoom in to view fine details, previewing of weapons, vehicles, etc. It's many times better than it was before.

2) Inventory/cargo sorting. I have my own system for the cargo hold on my main character, but for others who aren't so obsessively organised this option is great.

3) Ability to unlock extra character slots (got four, one via monthy stipend and three on the GTN).

I'm enjoying these as well.

For me, the game finally feels like it's out of beta. Finally free of "facepalm" elements, About a year behind schedule.

Until now, too many elements seemed cobbled together and rudimentary (like the sort of things I would program -- enough to get the job done) instead of the feature of a reportedly-ultra-expensive AAA game.

I remember previewing custom companion faces when it was a full-body view in a tiny window. Basically useless.

Just wanted to say thanks to the devs for these improvements in particular:

I actually preferred the pre-1.5 preview window. You know ... the one that actually worked.

Typically, I find "praise" posts to be filled with "fluff" that has little or no impact on the majority of gamers, or a way to indirectly troll anyone who has a real issue.

Yours however, I found to be quite true and one I largely agree with. Great post Estelindis!!! This is exactly how a post like this should be written...you even convinced me that the new WZ isn't all bad :)

I'll add how I really like the design of Section X. I like that Rebs/Imps are almost forced to cross paths when doing the daily missions. I'm ALWAYS watching over my shoulder and I LIKE that.

As opposed to this one which also works and is better than the previous one? :rolleyes:

You can't preview items on your companion if the companion - God forbid - has a customization kit on. And some items change color depending on the customization that your companion is equipping.

Inspect another (albeit a different system but still similar to Preview) still doesn't if you have a companion out.

So yeah, I would prefer a simplified version that works than the current one. The current system would be awesome indeed if BW didn't staff their QA/QC department with poorly-trained chimpanzees.

You can't preview items on your companion if the companion - God forbid - has a customization kit on. And some items change color depending on the customization that your companion is equipping.

Hadn't heard of this at all. I don't tend to use customization kits because it feels weird to me when the companion starts look different after I recruit them. :o I hope that the problem has been reported and that it gets fixed soon.

Great post Estelindis!!! This is exactly how a post like this should be written...you even convinced me that the new WZ isn't all bad :)

Thank you! I was a little bit afraid that it would come across in the wrong way, but all one can do is one's best. I'd love to know what you're not enjoying about the new warzone, but maybe the PvP forums are full of people explaining problems with it already; I should have a look. :)