CM is getting otta hand. We need Cover Ups

Bethmora

Ok, anyone who plays or has played LoTro know you can put outfits over your armor and change anytime you want. Im getting tired of new armor coming out on the cartel Market and having to pull mods for ever cool outfit. i think its time to make the armor 'cover ups' sell them for the same as armor but with no mod openings on them. give us like 3 cover up windows to change from and then sell more on the CM.

everyone knows the cost to keep pulling mods outs and doing augment slots, its getting old fast when every week you add new stuff.

So, BW go look on LoTro and see how its done and make your players happy to be able to change their look without having to change mods.

An A Tab was asked for well before launch

The Gear grind is the biggest reason why we dont have it, as the devs felt we wouldnt chase the carrot for gear if we had an A Tab

Even though, you will still want the best stats and go after them, they didnt like how less visable it was

Same with the removal of the indepth mod system for gear they had at one stage of beta.

They wanted to build the progression focus

No!

We know all you want is to be able to define your own look, but we'll be damned if we will take the easy way out (on this singular issue) and give you an appearance tab type of system.

We are determined to make this system our own unique blend of needlessly complex, inhibitively expensive, and frequently ineffective. But don't worry, if there is an outfit you like in game, there is a 12.3% chance it will be on the cartel market within 2 years and a 91.6% chance it will be altered just enough so that it no longer looks like what you want it to.

They're too pot-committed into the custom armor system.

In poker, an inexperienced player will be less and less likely to fold the more chips they have added to the pot, even if they know that they should fold -- they are pot-committed.

It applies to basically everything in life. No one wants to admit effort was wasted.

They can still sell the crap for what the armor would go for. You have a main armor window that you will always have to upgrade as new mods come out. right now to have to keep changing because they bring out cooler looking gear is getting so old. my outfit a month ago is out dated now but id keep it if it was a cover up. At this rate i will just stop buying armor off CM.

harden up kids...its not like credits are hard to make.

No credits are not hard to make. I have plunty its the fact that we want more without having to keep changing stuff around.

Oh and sorry, not a kid here

Edited by Bethmora

No credits are not hard to make. I have plunty its the fact that we want more without having to keep changing stuff around.

keep in mind that the mod system from a itemization POV can actually be better in that we can cutomize our armors stats easier.

my armor is actually better, for me, then any actual gear drop I could get.

plus and minuses to the system

harden up kids...its not like credits are hard to make.

The point<--------------------->you

I agree with OP. However, we asked for it over and over and over. BW simply refuse to add it, and prefer is annoying system. I guess they want to do something different, even if it's not really good.

Also, it's a way to "hide" the currently very limited amount of different gear ingame. Also, most of them are simply reskin of some others. Cartel store included.

I prefer the exact opposite, I love shopping around for different items for appearance and switching the mods. One set of mods, infinite sets of appearance armor... vs grinding gear over and over because you like the different pieces...

I think it will just come down to ppl buying less armor off the CM because they are getting tired of changing every 2 weeks. give us a system to cover up our main armor and you can still sell that on the CM.

Its time to stop trying to be different, ppl dont want it we want what all the games offer.

I would agree with the OP. The current modding system is a disincentive to buy gear on the Cartel Market. Sure I could spend 300K or more to move all my purple mods. But I don't want to. I would just rather not buy that CM armor.
Wouldn't it be better to increase sources of mods in that case, so that you don't always spend thousands of credits removing mods from purple drops? That's basically how I figured mods would play into endgame progression. Raid bosses dropping mods and maybe a purple piece. People who mod their gear get what they want, the people who want to look unique using dungeon and Op tier gear get what they want and so on.

@OP: The mod system is pretty much an appearance tab but built into progression rather than it using the standard "a wizard did it" excuse other MMORPGs use.

Ok, anyone who plays or has played LoTro know you can put outfits over your armor and change anytime you want. Im getting tired of new armor coming out on the cartel Market and having to pull mods for ever cool outfit. i think its time to make the armor 'cover ups' sell them for the same as armor but with no mod openings on them. give us like 3 cover up windows to change from and then sell more on the CM.

everyone knows the cost to keep pulling mods outs and doing augment slots, its getting old fast when every week you add new stuff.

So, BW go look on LoTro and see how its done and make your players happy to be able to change their look without having to change mods.

I played LotrO. I spent 500$ over the course of a year buying LotrO points to buy vanity items & outfits. My wardrobe was almost completely full, even though I had bought all the extra room I could for my wardrobe. I had dyes, ready on hand in my bank, just in case I found another article of clothing I liked. I would sometimes spend DAYS just making new outfits. I spent so much in-game gold and RL money on it, its sickening!

And I'm a 39 year old guy!

Crazy!

Having said that, I have no complaints about the current system. I would complain if there was no preview window for gear. I like that we can at least unify our colours with our chest pieces. I keep my main outfit with mods in it, and other outfits without mods, as I use them for RP mostly, anyway. I change my outfits maybe one every 4 months or so, so the credit cost is not much for me. I'm content with the current system.

However, I wouldn't complain if they gave you what you wanted, but I could live without it. There's other things in this game that need much more attention than vanity items.

I think they could make more money with this syatem in play. id buy more then i do now. most the time i just wait for something to be placed on the GTN and by with credits not CC. i wont waste real money unless its something i have to have right now and if they did a cover up option i just might spend real money.

the cost of removing mods has been reduced significantly. it used to be 30-40k, sometimes more, to remove mods from a piece of armor. now it is ~10k.

credits are easy to come by in this game. ive constantly changed my appearance over the course of the game. every time i find the perfect new outfit, i figure out how many creds i need to switch and i grind them out.

stop asking for handouts, and put forth the minimal amount of effort required to get what you want

Do you really need to purchase every new outfit that comes out?

Seriously, pick your favorite and stop. Then you won't have to pull mods out every time a new outfit is introduced.

:cool:

never said i buy everything that comes out. Im seeing a problem with whats going on with the CM and saying we need a change. because there are people out there that do buy a lot off there and it would be nice to just have a non-modded armor.

They're too pot-committed into the custom armor system.

In poker, an inexperienced player will be less and less likely to fold the more chips they have added to the pot, even if they know that they should fold -- they are pot-committed.

It applies to basically everything in life. No one wants to admit effort was wasted.

The term I'm familiar with is "sunk costs."

Sunk costs are retrospective (past) costs that have already been incurred and cannot be recovered. Sunk costs are sometimes contrasted with prospective costs, which are future costs that may be incurred or changed if an action is taken. Sunk costs should not affect the rational decision-maker's best choice. However, until a decision-maker irreversibly commits resources, the prospective cost is an avoidable future cost and is properly included in any decision-making processes.