Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

What % of pre-orders do you think....

RikHar

I don't know the amount of players in this game but what percentage of current players do you think pre-ordered the upcoming expansion?

I imagine their sales will go up after it comes out but as far as the pre-orders, do you think its a high number so far?

I believe it's about 50%.

Thanks

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would imagine the subscriber number is higher something like 60%-70% while the f2p group is much lower around 15%-25% they will wait and see what the reviews say most likely.

My thoughts as well.

In my own opinion, at least based on the feelings of fellow guildies; RotHC is going to be a make or break for alot of us. I am hoping it does wow us enough that we enjoy it enough to see a future in the game.

I would imagine the subscriber number is higher something like 60%-70% while the f2p group is much lower around 15%-25% they will wait and see what the reviews say most likely.

I very much doubt any f2pers would pay $20 alone for the expansion rather than $25 for 1 month sub + expansion (and 500cc comes with 1 month sub).

Like to believe that my fellow humans are somewhat intelligent, except for the 10% who are totally ignorant.

So I guess 10% bought the pig-in-a-poke.

The rest are intelligently waiting for those "more details to come" before committing.

Like to believe that my fellow humans are somewhat intelligent, except for the 10% who are totally ignorant.

The rest are intelligently waiting for those "more details to come" before committing.

LOL you are going to buy it anyway... just later...

So, we who already pre-ordered are stupid? :rolleyes:

Okay, get this. Here's how I reasoned it out. It's a digital expansion that will include at the very least a new world, 5 more levels, some new FPs/OPs and a new PvP warzone. Because there is a new planet that means there will also likely be a set of new Heroics. Because there are new Heroics, FPs/Ops there will also likely be new gear.

New Gear, New Heroics, New FPs/OPs, New Warzone and 5 additional levels worth of content. IMO, all of that is well worth the $9.99 price tag. If there are any other goodies that will be icing on the cake.

Now who are the intelligent ones?

:cool:

Well after seeing the number of people queue up to get their hands early on iphone, I say your faith in human is somewhat miss the mark.

Lol! pig-in-a-poke.

Well, my guildies and I are in the 10% then. Although... we are not entirely ignorant. We went ahead and purchased it because we know we are going to play it. The opportunity cost (less than the cost of a movie) is well worth it.

That being said, most of my guildies never frequent the forums and thus ignorance is bliss.

Some people just know themselves well enough to know that they'll want to keep playing the game anyway and would kick themselves later if their friends are in early without them.

Ah yes the herd instinct... corporations love it. :D

..Because there is a new planet that means there will also likely be a set of new Heroics. Because there are new Heroics, FPs/Ops there will also likely be new gear.

:cool:

High-lighted the key word, at least you agree that the stuff is "likely", but not probable. Sorta my thoughts on the issue.

.. The opportunity cost (less than the cost of a movie) is well worth it.

sorry, I'm ignorant sometimes too, but "opportunity cost"? don't understand that. Does that refer to the opportunity to get early access? or what?

If I wait all I lose is the five days early access(or 5 days to finish the content early, depends on POV). :confused:

Edited by Roalmo

sorry, I'm ignorant sometimes too, but "opportunity cost"? don't understand that. Does that refer to the opportunity to get early access? or what?

If I wait all I lose is the five days early access(or 5 days to finish the content early, depends on POV). :confused:

Hmm... opportunity cost, an economics term. In this case, what other opportunities would you give up to spend the 10 dollars and purchase it now ie: you could go to the movies... get a burger... put gas in your car... etc. It really has nothing to do with the preview aspect at all.

For you it would seem the cost is too high; you would rather go to the movies, get a burger etc. etc. For many of us, the missed opportunity is of little or no consequence because we will be playing the pack regardless.

I pre-ordered simply because I enjoy SWTOR very much so I know I will be playing RotHC no question. Also I am extremely slow and take my time enjoying the game. I have been playing since early access, and as you can see from my sig I still only have one level 50 character. So getting early access to this means more time for me to hit 55 compared to others and I just can't wait for any new content for this game. Others may have differing opinions but that is mine.

Edited by LukeSaberRattler

I guess I am in the minority. I wanted to let everyone else beta test it first.

Not spending a cent until they release the detail of what they are putting out...cancelled my sub as well because of the lack of communication.

But you can post on the forum?

Of course I can. I was replying to the post above mine that 70+% of subs had pre ordered. I did not pre order so that would put me in the 30-% minority. Ta-daa!

Edited by BobaScott
Typo

Of course I can. I was replying to the post above mine that 70+% of subs had pre ordered. I did not pre order so that would put me in the 30-% minority. Ta-daa!

Yea, but being able to post on the forum implies you are sub-ed. Wonder how long you have been beta testing already.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.