I want a Bio

SafianKrill

Give it more time and the servers will be closed and we will be playing Star Wars: The New Republic.

lol

However, I have a strong hunch they're making more than enough money now with all the cartel market purchases to keep this game around for a long time to come.

lol

However, I have a strong hunch they're making more than enough money now with all the cartel market purchases to keep this game around for a long time to come.

How strongs your hunch ? I ask becouse they gave away at least a billion cartel coins, seriously 500,000 subscribers ( lowball estimate ) X 2,000 coins ( an average, i recieved over 3K ) = 1 billion. I wonder if they've even recieved those back. I'm just shy of 4k now, i've spent zero, not that 4k matter much when speaking in billions.

Please can we have a bio section in the character section in game, i want to give my toons a bio back ground and stuff like that. Never understood why this was never installed from the start. Its an important part of a RP or even a normal player.

:cool:

Ya a bio would be cool

How strongs your hunch ? I ask becouse they gave away at least a billion cartel coins, seriously 500,000 subscribers ( lowball estimate ) X 2,000 coins ( an average, i recieved over 3K ) = 1 billion. I wonder if they've even recieved those back. I'm just shy of 4k now, i've spent zero, not that 4k matter much when speaking in billions.

for every person that isn't spending their gifted coins there are three who not only spent them - but already bought extra.

granted in the future I probably won't anymore, because I'm sick and tired of

- getting all collectibles from gambling and not actually doing stuff in-game (pets, speeders, clothing..)

- new packs including the same stuff old packs did

- random look changes (in the future I won't know if I should put the time and credits into modding/augmenting an item because I can never be sure the look I like won't be changed drastically later on)

but I have bought quite some extra coins already, even though I had plenty from being here since dec '11 and owning a CE

that being said, I'd definitely be a fan of a bio section. I loved reading those little (or sometimes very detailed) info on people in lotro. same as I wish I could few other people's legacy (granted this should be made optional, especially in a RP setting where people might not want to have people know they are 'related' to another char)

Edited by amnie

Give it more time and the servers will be closed and we will be playing Star Wars: The New Republic.

Funny enough, in a few years, the new film will be out and they may have an entire new expanded universe to work with. I could easily see an MMO coming from that,

Funny enough, in a few years, the new film will be out and they may have an entire new expanded universe to work with. I could easily see an MMO coming from that,

I could easily see them putting the 'old universe' into first line canon (movies) too *shrug*

either way the new films will boost this game no matter what. it will renew the 'star wars hype' and in turn pretty much anything with the label will see their sales rising.

the question is what this game is going to be like in the next 2 years. I doubt EA is going to close it down (the contract is probably at least 5 years) and they no doubt make a HUGE amount of money right now to last them for a while.

when SE didn't give up on FFXIV (and boy does A Realm Reborn look awesome now) ... why would they give up on this game? (and qualitiy/gameplaywise this game beats ffxiv 10x at least, and the star wars ip is arguably much stronger than final fantasy)

for every person that isn't spending their gifted coins there are three who not only spent them - but already bought extra.

- getting all collectibles from gambling and not actually doing stuff in-game (pets, speeders, clothing..)

- random look changes (in the future I won't know if I should put the time and credits into modding/augmenting an item because I can never be sure the look I like won't be changed drastically later on)

but I have bought quite some extra coins already, even though I had plenty from being here since dec '11 and owning a CE

that being said, I'd definitely be a fan of a bio section. I loved reading those little (or sometimes very detailed) info on people in lotro. same as I wish I could few other people's legacy (granted this should be made optional, especially in a RP setting where people might not want to have people know they are 'related' to another char)

Agree, i use alot of money on the packs but i will stop bying them soon if they dont xchange the things in them f the better.I mean last pack they tok the elite speeder and just made it green , i mean that is just greedy dumb and braindead.If they want us to buy then dont try and sell us crap re colored.

Well it could be as easily said that for every 1 person who didn't spend any 2 spent half of what they recieved while 3 spent all their coins and 4 not only spent all their coins but also bought more. Unless EA's accounts what to come on here and let us know its all conjecture, although we could try to get some idea, if we wanted to. I'll start a new thread and lets see where the store stands.

I would love to have a bio page but I doubt that it will happen since it isn't a popular choice.

I've played many MMOs and very few had bio pages. Some of the superhero MMOs had bio pages and very few people used them.

I always wrote a good story and got a lot of compliments, but most people left their pages blank.

Well it could be as easily said that for every 1 person who didn't spend any 2 spent half of what they recieved while 3 spent all their coins and 4 not only spent all their coins but also bought more. Unless EA's accounts what to come on here and let us know its all conjecture, although we could try to get some idea, if we wanted to. I'll start a new thread and lets see where the store stands.

Darthhater already did it for you. Here is a breakdown poll. http://www.darthhater.com/articles/feature/22735-crowd-control-cartel-market-survey-results

They talked about this way back when. I think it was the Guild Forums. Anyways, in general they said it would be hard because of the amount of data already apart of your character. They mentioned some of these, like story choices, and I imagine it all the stuff for your companions as well.

In short, they didn't know how they would be able to store all of that bio information in the game, because the resources are allocated in other ways.

Please can we have a bio section in the character section in game, i want to give my toons a bio back ground and stuff like that. Never understood why this was never installed from the start. Its an important part of a RP or even a normal player.

:cool:

This would be a great thing to have in the game. :cool:

Ya...and then your gonna have a bunch of these bios...

1. I was a slave to blah, blah, blah and I somehow escaped from them to do my own thing.

2. I am secretly an agent of the Republic/Empire on the opposite side of the faction, to gain intel on the other side.

3. My parents were horrifically murdered, when I was only 8 years old and then I was found by some stranger who took me in and helped me out.

4. I am actually the son of Malgus or the Emperor(or some other powerful sith/jedi), my powers knows no bounds and I will crush any who get in my way.

5. Sith, sith, sith things, unlimited power, etc etc

==

Ya a bunch of cliche bios that are just gonna make you shake your head in shame...thats how it was for SWG...while there were some good bios on there, there were also a lot of bad ones.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Ya...and then your gonna have a bunch of these bios...

1. I was a slave to blah, blah, blah and I somehow escaped from them to do my own thing.

2. I am secretly an agent of the Republic/Empire on the opposite side of the faction, to gain intel on the other side.

3. My parents were horrifically murdered, when I was only 8 years old and then I was found by some stranger who took me in and helped me out.

4. I am actually the son of Malgus or the Emperor(or some other powerful sith/jedi), my powers knows no bounds and I will crush any who get in my way.

5. Sith, sith, sith things, unlimited power, etc etc

==

Ya a bunch of cliche bios that are just gonna make you shake your head in shame...thats how it was for SWG...while there were some good bios on there, there were also a lot of bad ones.

So, This game is suppose to give players free range for their characters & if they wanna make up a bio any way they want i don't see any problem.