BW: you *broke* the lock/unlock Toolbar button...

Nee-Elder

BioWare, for some unknown reason, you all decided to "fix" (aka ruin ) the small 'lock/unlock' Toolbar button.

It used to be, quite logically, a mini 'pad-lock' icon (that would, logically, change appropriately when clicked) .

Now, quite ridiculously, you have turned it into a tiny TRIANGLE that does NOTHING when one clicks it.

Please change it back to the way it was before.

Then, use a Sharpee and go write above your infamous 'Wall of Crazy' : If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Thanks and take care.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Changing the icon was entirely pointless that only serves to completely obfuscate the control's purpose and state. The only way to know what that button does (if you are a new player) or whether your toolbars locked (without actually trying to move icons) is to mouse over it.

The old icon needs to be restored.

Edited by Sunjammer

Only one word comes to my mind - WHY?

I am baffled that someone was directed to put work into breaking a trivial feature that WAS WORKING JUST FINE, as they continue to COMPLETELY IGNORE dozens of long standing bugs and broken misfeatures, and to do absolutely nothing to fix the horrendous lag and delay problems that cripple this game. It's painfully obvious that the problem here is not lack of resources, it's blatantly stupid mismanagement of the resources that they have. Anyone who signed off on a UI person spending even five minutes on this should be fired for demonstrated incompetence.

Edited by Heezdedjim

Why change that ? That was cool little padlock , very handy and very informative. A triangle ? Um for lack of a better word what the "bleep" do you think you are doing ? How do I know if it's locked or not now ? I hate when abilities disappear fro my quick bars now they will constantly. Bloody hell.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Like many on this thread I'm a bit surprised at the change of icon for the 'lock/unlock toolbar'. It was functional before and easy to see whether the toolbar was locked or not. Now it gives no quick visual sign of the state of the toolbar.

However, this is more of an issue for clickers (and I am indeed a 'clicker') as we tend to drag the mouse around the toolbar and the first indication that the Lock has been accidentally hit, reasonably easy to do, it you start to pick up abilities and drop them in new locations :o

Personally I would prefer the 'Interface Editing' icon to be removed as it is easy to access it by pressing the escape key.

And the 'Lock/Unlock' key moved as well, maybe placed down in the bottom right hand corner of the radar. Or placed on the options menu that appears when 'escape' is pressed. Or on the menu bar. As long as it's far, far away from button '1' ;)

Like many on this thread I'm a bit surprised at the change of icon for the 'lock/unlock toolbar'. It was functional before and easy to see whether the toolbar was locked or not. Now it gives no quick visual sign of the state of the toolbar.

However, this is more of an issue for clickers (and I am indeed a 'clicker') as we tend to drag the mouse around the toolbar and the first indication that the Lock has been accidentally hit, reasonably easy to do, it you start to pick up abilities and drop them in new locations :o

Personally I would prefer the 'Interface Editing' icon to be removed as it is easy to access it by pressing the escape key.

And the 'Lock/Unlock' key moved as well, maybe placed down in the bottom right hand corner of the radar. Or placed on the options menu that appears when 'escape' is pressed. Or on the menu bar. As long as it's far, far away from button '1' ;)

So much this ^ saves me having to type it myself :-P

I can only believe that this was an unintentional mistake or bug. There is no way an intelligent human being working on UI elements for an MMO could possibly believe this would be an improvement. It defies all logic and I mean that with complete sincerity. It has to be an error, and like others have said, if it's not then someone needs a counceling session. Please fix this Bioware, sooner then later. Thanks.

Hi everyone. We appreciate your reports about the quickbar lock icon becoming an arrow. The change was unintentional, and we'll be reverting it in an upcoming patch.

That great news , i mean that it wasn't intentional. Thanks for letting us know.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Hi everyone. We appreciate your reports about the quickbar lock icon becoming an arrow. The change was unintentional, and we'll be reverting it in an upcoming patch.

This seems to be the new standard line when they realize they made a change that people don't like...just claim you didn't mean it!

Kinda like saying 'I was just kidding' after you offend someone?

Great that your changing it back, but how does something like this become unintentional?

Did an intern just take it upon themselves to change something that didn't need it, or is it unintentional because we all dislike it and find it unnessicary?.

BioWare, for some unknown reason, you all decided to "fix" (aka ruin ) the small 'lock/unlock' Toolbar button.

It used to be, quite logically, a mini 'pad-lock' icon (that would, logically, change appropriately when clicked) .

Now, quite ridiculously, you have turned it into a tiny TRIANGLE that does NOTHING when one clicks it.

Please change it back to the way it was before.

Then, use a Sharpee and go write above your infamous 'Wall of Crazy' : If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Thanks and take care.

Lol. Made my day.

Thank heavens you're reverting this inexplicable UI change. This has universal condemnation from posters on this board, which would have been completely self-evident to any active player if queried ahead of time.

May I suggest running changes of this sort past an ad hoc test group of experienced players? Things like this will get caught very, very quickly by such folks, giving you the opportunity to excise them before they cause any grief among your customers.