how much is too much accuracy?

slowantics

i cant seem to stop thinking there is more i can do to my set. i have over 2050 str. over 1kpower. crit is around 34% and surge is at 75%

the only thing that seems fishy is my accuracy. atm i have 104.7% is this about right for pve? or can i lower it and put in more crit or surge?

There may be some misinformation above.

It depends on your spec. If you are Combat specced you'll notice a number of your key abilities are not Force, but melee. That means those abilities do not benefit from the 10% Force / Special Accuracy bonus.

So. Aim for 110% Force Accuracy then? Well, maybe not. As Ops bosses have a defense percentage, e.g. if their defence is 5% you have a 5% chance of missing. To counter that you would need 115% Force Accuracy.

The short answer is: it probably doesn't matter, unless you're excessively obsessed with min / maxing. You can DPS adequately to clear TFB HM and EC NiM irrespective of how you play accuracy.

There may be some misinformation above.

It depends on your spec. If you are Combat specced you'll notice a number of your key abilities are not Force, but melee. That means those abilities do not benefit from the 10% Force / Special Accuracy bonus.

So. Aim for 110% Force Accuracy then? Well, maybe not. As Ops bosses have a defense percentage, e.g. if their defence is 5% you have a 5% chance of missing. To counter that you would need 115% Force Accuracy.

The short answer is: it probably doesn't matter, unless you're excessively obsessed with min / maxing. You can DPS adequately to clear TFB HM and EC NiM irrespective of how you play accuracy.

YOu're misinformed, the only attack that is based off of Melee Accuracy is Strike, all other, even Slash, Blade Rush, Dispatch etc, are based off of Force Accuracy.

Boss assumed defense chance is about 8-10% which is why you get 110% Force Accuracy.

As a Sentinel you only need 98% accuracy, 108% force accuracy.

Ops bosses defense is 8% that's why you only need 98%.

No point have any higher as you will still get a good amount of miss/dodge due to the offhand.

With 104% I know your Combat. You could easily go up to 77.7% surge, get the crit up to 37% and the rest into power, when you drop the acc down to 98%. This number may need to change if BW introduce bosses with a higher defense. But for current content, 98% if you have a offhand weapon is all that is needed.

I've actually heard you need about 107% melee Accuracy in Ops Boss fights because as Accuracy increases, it grants more and more armor penetration. Granted I've never tested this but I recommend going to the Ops Dummy and swapping out Enhancements to just play with your stats and see which combo you do the best on. That's what I do.

I've actually heard you need about 107% melee Accuracy in Ops Boss fights because as Accuracy increases, it grants more and more armor penetration. Granted I've never tested this but I recommend going to the Ops Dummy and swapping out Enhancements to just play with your stats and see which combo you do the best on. That's what I do.

The More Accuracy for Armor Pen hasn't ever been a thing. It might have been in Beta, but it isn't now. There's a difference between Defense and Armor.

To the OP, just shoot for 100% Melee accuracy to be safe.

• 2 months later...
The More Accuracy for Armor Pen hasn't ever been a thing. It might have been in Beta, but it isn't now. There's a difference between Defense and Armor.

To the OP, just shoot for 100% Melee accuracy to be safe.

it never was... it was something some moron said in a forum post and it spread like wild fire... dumb people will believe anything on the internet.

Accuracy is generally my pet peeve, but...

YOu're misinformed, the only attack that is based off of Melee Accuracy is Strike, all other, even Slash, Blade Rush, Dispatch etc, are based off of Force Accuracy.

Boss assumed defense chance is about 8-10% which is why you get 110% Force Accuracy.

BlznSmri is 100% correct about this, and everything else in this thread. Listen to him.

no you are the one that is wrong. There are 2 hit tables one for "melee" attacks and one for "force" attacks. If you look in your skills tab you wills ee what kind of attack each falls under, they will be listed as "force" or "melee"

For a Sentinel the only things that fall under "force" are blade storm, force sweep, opportune strike, pummel strike, and force stasis.

That information from from Greg Zoeller the guy who built the combat side of the game. Jedi Knights have very few "force" attacks nearly everything is on the melee hit table. Even attacks like Cauterize might do force damage via the dot but they cannot be applied with the melee hit of the attack.

Edited by Hizoka

no you are the one that is wrong. There are 2 hit tables one for "melee" attacks and one for "force" attacks. If you look in your skills tab you wills ee what kind of attack each falls under, they will be listed as "force" or "melee"

For a Sentinel the only things that fall under "force" are blade storm, force sweep, opportune strike, pummel strike, and force stasis.

That information from from Greg Zoeller the guy who built the combat side of the game. Jedi Knights have very few "force" attacks nearly everything is on the melee hit table. Even attacks like Cauterize might do force damage via the dot but they cannot be applied with the melee hit of the attack.

Yeah, still, with those two hit tables, for melee there are standard attacks (strike) and special attacks (every other white attack) which use the increased force accuracy. This is even shown on the tooltip when you hover over melee accuracy.

As for optimal accuracy/surge ratio, there is a point, but ONLY for two weapon users (sents, gunslingers) where the benefit of increased offhand hit ratio for special attacks through accuracy outweighs the benefits of surge due to diminishing returns in surge. For Carnage Marauders this point is at about 78% surge/112% special accuracy. Thus, for those classes don't go over 400 surge, even if you are already at 110% special accuracy. This is for PvE.

Edited by atschai

Yeah, still, with those two hit tables, for melee there are standard attacks (strike) and special attacks (every other white attack) which use the increased force accuracy. This is even shown on the tooltip when you hover over melee accuracy.

As for optimal accuracy/surge ratio, there is a point, but ONLY for two weapon users (sents, gunslingers) where the benefit of increased offhand hit ratio for special attacks through accuracy outweighs the benefits of surge due to diminishing returns in surge. For Carnage Marauders this point is at about 78% surge/112% special accuracy. Thus, for those classes don't go over 400 surge, even if you are already at 110% special accuracy. This is for PvE.

Correct.

I would like to see a source on the "78% surge/112% special accuracy" thing though. The last reliable testing I had seen indicated that surge was *always* more valuable than the extra accuracy for offhand weapons.

Edited by SalBasss

You're misinformed too.

While other melee attacks except strike do have 100% base accuracy instead of the 90% that only Strike has, they are not based on force accuracy. They are based on special attack accuracy, which is not the same thing as force accuracy, even if they have same numbers.

To see this open your character tab (press C) and move your mouse over your melee stats and read the tooltip that pops up when you hover mouse over your melee accuracy. Then you see that there is a separate category under melee accuracy that is special attacks.

Basically if fighting something that has 10% defense you want 100% melee basic attack accuracy and 110% melee special attack accuracy. When you have these you will also have 110% force accuracy too, but the force accuracy is currently not needed (but will be important in 2.0)

One more time to recap:

You have 3 catergories of accuracy

-Melee basic attacks: This is Strike only. Have 90% base accuracy. Accuracy over 100% reduces the target's defense chance.

-Melee special attacks: These are all other melee attacks except strike. They have 100% base accuracy. Accuracy over 100% reduces the target's defense chance.

-Force attacks: They have 100% base accuracy. Accuracy over 100% reduces the target's resist chance. Since currently PvE mobs have 0 resistance, and have only defense against melee attacks, accuracy over 100% does actually nothing to force powers. In 2.0 they will have resistance and force accuracy becomes important too.

For non-jedi classes the same thing basically, just replace the word melee with ranged and the word force with tech.

You're misinformed too.

While other melee attacks except strike do have 100% base accuracy instead of the 90% that only Strike has, they are not based on force accuracy. They are based on special attack accuracy, which is not the same thing as force accuracy, even if they have same numbers.

To see this open your character tab (press C) and move your mouse over your melee stats and read the tooltip that pops up when you hover mouse over your melee accuracy. Then you see that there is a separate category under melee accuracy that is special attacks.

Basically if fighting something that has 10% defense you want 100% melee basic attack accuracy and 110% melee special attack accuracy. When you have these you will also have 110% force accuracy too, but the force accuracy is currently not needed (but will be important in 2.0)

One more time to recap:

You have 3 catergories of accuracy

-Melee basic attacks: This is Strike only. Have 90% base accuracy. Accuracy over 100% reduces the target's defense chance.

-Melee special attacks: These are all other melee attacks except strike. They have 100% base accuracy. Accuracy over 100% reduces the target's defense chance.

-Force attacks: They have 100% base accuracy. Accuracy over 100% reduces the target's resist chance. Since currently PvE mobs have 0 resistance, and have only defense against melee attacks, accuracy over 100% does actually nothing to force powers. In 2.0 they will have resistance and force accuracy becomes important too.

For non-jedi classes the same thing basically, just replace the word melee with ranged and the word force with tech.

Technically you're right, but it's a big irrelevant discussion because:

they have same numbers

I would like to see a source on the "78% surge/112% special accuracy" thing though. The last reliable testing I had seen indicated that surge was *always* more valuable than the extra accuracy for offhand weapons.

I had this from LagunaD's excel sheet from the sithwarrior forums. Stat weight was 0.24 per point of accuracy (at 174) and 0.23 pp of surge (at 402 equalling 77.5% surge).

Edited by atschai

I had this from LagunaD's excel sheet from the sithwarrior forums. Stat weight was 0.24 per point of accuracy (at 174) and 0.23 pp of surge (at 402 equalling 77.5% surge).

Interesting, I'll have to check that out as he was my source as well, haha.