The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Last planets feels so empty...

Netwar

...but not because of the lack of players, but because the instances allows not enough players in. I mean, Belsavis, Voss; 50-60 max. Corellia : 40-50.

Right now on my server on Corellia, there's 78 players, 44 on Corellia 1.

Whats the reasons behind allowing so few people when planets suchs as Coruscant are capped to 200?

...but not because of the lack of players, but because the instances allows not enough players in. I mean, Belsavis, Voss; 50-60 max. Corellia : 40-50.

Right now on my server on Corellia, there's 78 players, 44 on Corellia 1.

Whats the reasons behind allowing so few people when planets suchs as Coruscant are capped to 200?

Because the areas in Corellia are much, much larger than on Coruscant. Coruscant is also incredibly instanced, there aren't any open areas, just large in-door areas really. Coru/Kaas is also a lot more compact.

Well if a lot of players are like me, they're grinding through the lower planets conventionally because it's not so fun to PVP as a lowbie without utility.

Later on, when people are in their 40's (especially after a nice set of the lvl 40 PVP gear) they're too busy PVPing (or flashpointing) their way to 50. "If I have all my cool talents and good gear, why would I kill boring mobs when I could melt face in PVP one last time before getting stomped as a new 50?"

The other, simpler, explanation is that many people make alts they don't stick with. So a big chunk of those 200 you see on Coruscant will never make it to the higher lvl planets.

Also... a lot of people just don't like the upper level planets. I personally liked Corellia OK (just for the setting) but found places like Voss mindnumbing.

Edited by Stenrik

Well if a lot of players are like me, they're grinding through the lower planets conventionally because it's not so fun to PVP as a lowbie without utility.

Later on, when people are in their 40's (especially after a nice set of the lvl 40 PVP gear) they're too busy PVPing (or flashpointing) their way to 50. "If I have all my cool talents and good gear, why would I kill boring mobs when I could melt face in PVP one last time before getting stomped as a new 50?"

The other, simpler, explanation is that many people make alts they don't stick with. So a big chunk of those 200 you see on Coruscant will never make it to the higher lvl planets.

Also... a lot of people just don't like the upper level planets. I personally liked Corellia OK (just for the setting) but found places like Voss mindnumbing.

My point is about why instances only allows few people after lets say, Hoth. Since Belsavis, I do not feel anymore that I'm playing a mmo. Players are split in separate instances when they should all play together.

My point is about why instances only allows few people after lets say, Hoth. Since Belsavis, I do not feel anymore that I'm playing a mmo. Players are split in separate instances when they should all play together.

Ah yeah, I see. It's a good question.

Maybe its the devs' silly way to "protect" us from world PVP. Like, low planets without the opposite faction can have a ton of density without worrying about crossing paths with the enemy, and they're trying to make encounters rarer on the higher planets?

Edited by Stenrik

I did have an answer regarding the title question of the topic, however after reading its about instances its not really relevant now.. but I say it anyways....

To me the higher level planets feel so empty because most players (not those annoying 13 yr old f2p n00bs) are normally level 50 by the time around Belsavis.. sometimes sooner sometimes later, and from there on just finish up just the class stuff then just grind the dailies

Edited by dacentabaal