Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Apparently things are so bad they won't even let us unsubscribe...

Nonservium

I've been here since last week, my server said "Light" on it when I rolled. Thanks for playing.

Again, queues I can deal with. Lack of communication to your customer I cannot.

Don't listen to them fanbois, you are right, this is unacceptable, I will email personally BW asking them to delete your account

starting with the forum one.....

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else notice he said he tried to cancel last night? Weren't all servers down last night, including account, login etc. If you tried today I am sure it would work.

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya...

I'm not bent out of shape, I'm just perplexed how a company as highly respected as Bioware would let something as simple as a web-site function get over looked, especially when it's dealing with money. You have to submit to an audit in some cases to qualify for taking money over the internet. I'm confused how it was missed.

I have no doubt they'll straighten things out, however, they aren't doing any more on my dime. I haven't been billed for a subscription yet and I don't intend to be.

There has been many a times that Blizzard's either took their billing portion down or had issues with it. Personally I think the took it down to avoid mass cancelings, Blizzard not Bioware. This isn't anything new. They are getting tons of traffic on the web site. Be patient.

Edited by Saffron

How novel, trolls who can't read.

And here I thought I had seen it all....:rolleyes:

I'm aware that you think this is acceptable, I do not. You apparently missed the point of this thread which is, you can't even unsubscribe at this point in time....

So wait until tomorrow and cancle then. It is the official release today.

The site will be just as clogged as the severs. And if you do not want stupid troll responses then the next game you try out and quit, just keep it to yourself as the community does not care.

You are not going to be charged anything else for the next 30 days. Give it a day or two and quit...please.

Did anyone else notice he said he tried to cancel last night? Weren't all servers down last night, including account, login etc. If you tried today I am sure it would work.

Please, don't let reality,logic and common sense come between OP and a good story.

Perhaps your forum settings are incorrect? It's 11:12 CST as of this post for me?

I understand how launch day works, this isn't my first rodeo, nor is it for many other people nearest I can tell. I'm not canceling over queues. I'm canceling over lack of up to date communication with the community over the game plan on how they plan to fix things going forward. A simple, "we are aware that things have gone beyond what we expected" would have sufficed.

To keep redirecting us to a several days old post that is no longer relevant given the circumstances is unacceptable. Add that to the out of control queue situation and now web-site bugs that won't even let you protect your personal funds, I find no reason to stay at this time.

I'm all for patience, but patience without communication in this situation is unacceptable to me. For those of you throwing around the "first mmo lulz" b.s., this is far from it. At this point I'm a vet, I knew what to expect out of servers. The community relations for the last few weeks has been piss poor. If you can't publicly address us in any meaningful manner than I can't see paying you to remain silent. It's that simple.

Then quit and stop posting. not sure what the point of this thread is but I won't be suprised to see you around next week and the week after.

Man up or ****.

There has been many a times that Blizzard's either took their billing portion down or had issues with it. Personally I think the took it down to avoid mass cancelings, Blizzard not Bioware. This isn't anything new. They are getting tons of traffic on the web site. Be patient.

I wasn't aware Blizz did this. Doesn't surprise me. Perhaps you are right.

On Dec 15 when I got my EGA invite and BW really started to push people into the servers I canceled my pre-order when I saw the forums that night and from my previous MMO launch experiences I been in. You could see the mayhem that was coming from a mile away.

We all come to play the game not wait insane times in queues and the whole argument that he has 30 days of free play is not really "free" its packaged in with the original game purchase. Personally I'll wait a few months to see what BW does and has released their first content update before I'm ready to spend my "30 free days of play".

Unfortunately canceling now wastes your 30 free days no matter what so it’s kind of a letdown, may want to wait a week or two and see how BW handles the new influx of players and if the servers start to stabilize any.

Just because other companies also have ****** service doesn't excuse it here, apologist.

I understand how launch day works, this isn't my first rodeo, nor is it for many other people nearest I can tell. I'm not canceling over queues. I'm canceling over lack of up to date communication with the community over the game plan on how they plan to fix things going forward. A simple, "we are aware that things have gone beyond what we expected" would have sufficed.

To keep redirecting us to a several days old post that is no longer relevant given the circumstances is unacceptable. Add that to the out of control queue situation and now web-site bugs that won't even let you protect your personal funds, I find no reason to stay at this time.

I'm all for patience, but patience without communication in this situation is unacceptable to me. For those of you throwing around the "first mmo lulz" b.s., this is far from it. At this point I'm a vet, I knew what to expect out of servers. The community relations for the last few weeks has been piss poor. If you can't publicly address us in any meaningful manner than I can't see paying you to remain silent. It's that simple.

They communicated, just because it is not the answer you want to hear, does not make it a lack of communication. amirite?

I go to the cancel options, type my feedback and hit cancel account. I'm immediately redirected to the log-in page after I had just logged in to do this and when I get logged back in I'm back at the cancel subscription page with nothing I've entered in place.

So as it stands, I can't play or unsubscribe. :mad:

Hey Nonservium, I just tested this and was able to successfully unsubscribe.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/841/subcan.png/

I'd go to the "My Account" link first and sign in when prompted and then navigate to the subscription options afterward. The account page doesn't appear to hold login credentials so you have to manually enter them each time.

If you have cookies disabled that may be an issue also.

I've been here since last week, my server said "Light" on it when I rolled. Thanks for playing.

What more do they need to say, there are QUES 100000000 times? You know there are QUES.

Are they going to knee jerk and add tons more servers just to have them needing to be merged in 30 days? I sure as hell hope not.

Until today my server was never listed as full and I was honestly worried, I am happy to see a QUE. Cause it means I am on a healthy server.

Simple FACT 30% of your customers quit after the free 30 days. When that happens your QUE will be gone. If you are on a server with no QUE at launch the chances that your server will still be merged doubles.

I know that the people that understand this already do not need to be told this and the people that do not will simply not understand...

MMORPG Launch = Long initial Ques.

Biggest MMO launch in history = Long initial Ques.

Patience is a virtue.

It always gets better. And just think it doesnt look like we will be loot lagged to death in this game!

Anybody else remember sliding around Azeroth in the looting position for 3 weeks lol?

So I just tried to put my money where my mouth is and cancel my subscription before I get charged another dime to wait all night to play for 10 minutes. I don't care what you think, I'll do with my money and time what I choose. Don't like it, move along. This is more to let you know that there's more issues than just server queues...

I go to the cancel options, type my feedback and hit cancel account. I'm immediately redirected to the log-in page after I had just logged in to do this and when I get logged back in I'm back at the cancel subscription page with nothing I've entered in place.

So as it stands, I can't play or unsubscribe. :mad:

This is how our server queues will improve. Let's get more people to unsubscribe on launch day. If you can't find a way to deal with long launch day queues, we don't need you.

I have to admit, the whine is falling of deaf ears, because I've gone deaf from it already.

Today is launch day... What is wrong with you trying to cancel on launch day?

Is this your first MMO?

Were you born yesterday?

No offense, but this is kinda idiotic thing to do on launch day.

Try waiting a few days to cancel. You get the first 30 days free anyway.

What is it in your brain that allows you to do such things on launch day? There is no logic what so ever in your thinking... Again no offense, but this has to be your first MMO.

Of course there are ques on the first day... geez ... you want no ques ... play a solo offline game.

Why not get on the que and do something else for a few minutes? Is it so hard?

Edited by spicycookie

Useful hint:

Make sure that you use a 32-bit version of Internet Explorer (regardless of what other browsers you may usually use.

Windows 7 64-bit uses IE9 64-bit by default, so run the executable from C:\Program Files (x86).

There have been problems with the web site login historically.

The fanboys really need to take a reality check!

I have been in ALOT of releases, and this is about the worst. I accept staying in queue on launch day, but the queues have been like this since early in EGA. My server have a 3 to 4 hour queue, and its been like that since the 16th. Roll another server you say? Im part of a gaming community since 2001, and we are located on that server due to pre placement there. We have way to much time invested to reroll.

The ticker might say 1 hour, 45 mins in queue, but in reality its 3 to 4 hours. They dont even have the balls to give us a proper estimate. The word is spreading through larger gaming forums over the net, and its not good PR for BIO/EA.

So for the fanboys blaming "release day", you are wrong, its been like this for days.

I haven't had a single issue since last Tuesday, not once have I waited more than 3 minutes and that's on heavily used servers.

Here https://twitter.com/#!/Rockjaw

Stephen Reid has actually given more communication on a launch then I have seen in an mmo.

They are working the Qs I don't know what else you are expecting.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.