Unicorn Stampede has a legit ranked team.

totherkins

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In regards to superquing I am not really a fan of it unless we are treating it like a ranked game which doesnt happen often...Also we seem to consistently have 10-20 people on and every1 wants to pvp so we have at least 2 4mans going sometimes 3-4 or 2 4mans and a couple 2-3 people groups however people want to pvp its not going to change however much you complain about it. Sorry, if you find it annoying.

Which reps, other than watchmen superque?

Well, any time I go up against LD50 premade, it is pretty much like fighting a super que... Over half my team leaves, i die alot, you die very little.

Its a pretty straight forward concept for Imps, "Oh hey look its LD50, lets not even jump down and let them cap", This is what im sure goes through all the PuGs on my team's little heads.

Reps super q for regs, nobody says anything. Imps do it, then it's a freaking travesty. People want to q with their friends, nothing wrong with that.

But before we complain about super q, anybody q'n for ranked tonight?

Not even close. I can't speak for all of the guilds pub side, but none of the reputable guilds that have enough players to form a super queue makes an ops group and attempts to time queues quite like Unicorns does....

Well, any time I go up against LD50 premade, it is pretty much like fighting a super que... Over half my team leaves, i die alot, you die very little.

Its a pretty straight forward concept for Imps, "Oh hey look its LD50, lets not even jump down and let them cap", This is what im sure goes through all the PuGs on my team's little heads.

is that a joke? getting your butts handed to you by a good 4m + 4 pugs isn't even remotely the same thing as super Qing.

@ toth, don't you think it's ever-so-slightly a d-bag thing to queue at the same time then leave if you don't get into the same team? I'm looking at you shatter. you're the only name I've seen doing it for sure.

@ the dude with the friends excuse, see response to toth.

more to the point, who are the worst, most obnoxious, hated guild on this server? <watchmen> why? they troll. the farm reg matches instead of ending them. they super Q. and they tease ppl relentlessly. the only other guild I've seen come close to this is <US>. not the only ppl I've had to sit through a vstar trying to farm it, but certainly more than any other guild. grats on that. stay classy. (not sure who else is actually doing it other than shatter but w/e. toth's response was pretty indicative)

/rant

I think we should start a list of all the people who leave warzones, maybe on some other website cause bioware/ea will remove it . It's so frustrating to see over half the team leave the second a node is captured, the flag picked up or a bomb planted. The funny part is that allot of those matches end up wins once the noobs leave. The worst part, for me is waiting for a queue pop only to end up in a half over warzone.

If we were to start a list like that we could prevent players that regularly leave warzones from joining kick-ball style rated groups and decent pvp guilds and over all hate on them.

I think we should start a list of all the people who leave warzones, maybe on some other website cause bioware/ea will remove it . It's so frustrating to see over half the team leave the second a node is captured, the flag picked up or a bomb planted. The funny part is that allot of those matches end up wins once the noobs leave. The worst part, for me is waiting for a queue pop only to end up in a half over warzone.

If we were to start a list like that we could prevent players that regularly leave warzones from joining kick-ball style rated groups and decent pvp guilds and over all hate on them.

First off I absolutly agree with where you are going with this, however the data base would be high maintenance.

I queue solo about 90% of the time (since I don't always have lots of time to play let alone hour blocks at a time and I have no complaints). I've seen and lived through pretty much every scenario out there from the point of loading into a warzone, and I almost never leave outside of real life stuff which happens.

I will however admitt to verbally bashing people who leave early typically I whisper them after they leave and we win. What I and every person brings to the table in regs matters just as much as in rated and I view solo queue just as challenging and possibly even more so since my team is as random as the team I play agaisn't.

At the end of the day however I can't get past 1 key point and that is; every single person in this game chooses how they play and conduct themselves ingame, whether or not our server society agrees with it or not. At times it can be very upsetting but I/we have to play the cards we are dealt. It's a love/hate relationship for me, it's kinda of exciting to load into a warzone not knowing who will be on my team as well as the team we play against.

I guess my point here is this, regardless if you queue for rated or reg warzones you shouldn't get upset with things that are outside of your control (BioWare can regulate to a degree which is another topic). Whether you queue as an 8 man, 4 man or solo its all the same after that, you play the hand you are dealt, and since you can't control other players in the game you have to accept the rest. I guess I am sick of the banter and bickering of what other people on the server are doing whether it's a guild, group or person at the end of the day it's their choice, we don't have to agree, only accept (if you can't accept there are obvious "Outs" that can be chosen).

counter point: shaming is the only thing that can and does change inappropriate behavior in such situations. hear no evil. see no evil. is a horrible approach to take across cultures, hence the universality of the proverb. Edited by foxmob

We have a sub-reddit that no one uses, pretty much every other server uses theirs

Just yesterday when I was puging, i joined 2 different games where there was like 6% left on a novare, or a 5-0 huttball.

This is nothing new. Back before transfers, so long before that Pubs were the underdog and The Turks and IBG were the kings of the jungle, the same exact situations would happen...

In lowbie, players are leaving, super ques are farming, for example i was in a huttball where the enemy guild (they had 6 members in the warzone) scored 5 points with 9 minute 30 seconds left on the clock, they were all upp forties, great team comp, two vanguards, sage healer, tankasin, jug, etc all twinked out. For the rest oif the match they turtled the ball in mid while the vanguards and tankasins pulled us in...

on a lighter note, OMG WE HAVE A SUB REDDIT? Why has no one told me!

on a lighter note, OMG WE HAVE A SUB REDDIT? Why has no one told me!

http://www.reddit.com/r/JediCovenant/

IDK who the mod is so if we wanted to go down that route we would prolly need to make a new one

I nabbed

http://www.reddit.com/r/Jedi_Covenant/

If we wanted to make our own, could have a bit more freedom to speak our minds and stuff their

I actually started a list of names of quitters way back when on the Turks website. Had a good amount of names in a short time. Would be nice to be able to get a list back going again.

Unfortunately, creating an off main site forum typically does not last very long. Even in a small community like there was in Tera, server forum pages died very quickly.

As for my post and regards to the super queue, the farming group was not a super queue... it was the result of people leaving that caused most of the problems. I know leaving is a problem for both Imps and Pubs but it would be nice if people would understand that having the ability to farm kills is the typically the result of the other team having people leave on them. Instead of drawing it out for those who do stick it out, just finish the match to get it over with.

I'm going to chime in on the whole super queue thing. I have had extensive experience playing on both sides of the line, both in premades and in pugs. From those experiences I can say the following:

1. Pugs are terrible on both sides.

2. There is a higher saturation of quality 4 man premades queueing on the rep side.

3. Unicorn Stampede DOES try to get a double premade in regs.

4. Unicorn Stampede does NOT try to make it an optimal group comp.

In addition to that, I'd like to say that although the guild is full of a lot of great guys and girls, they aren't the best PVP players to ever touch a keyboard. Lot of them are still learning and are not of the calibur of some of these top tier guilds. So unless they get 8 of the top 10-12 players in the guild (happens very rarely), they aren't rolling anyone. I love em, but it is the God's honest truth. I'll still continue to play with them, because I enjoy their company, but the super queues make the games competitive unless we face some God awful pug.

The other night I solo queued on my scoundrel, who was practically naked since my gear is on my operative. I won 4 out of 5 games. I don't have that record super queueing on the imp side. Although you guys don't time it, pubs get a LOT of double premades on their team. Call it bad luck, or w/e.....but like I said, it is a necessary evil to make the games competitive.

The other night I solo queued on my scoundrel, who was practically naked since my gear is on my operative. I won 4 out of 5 games. I don't have that record super queueing on the imp side. Although you guys don't time it, pubs get a LOT of double premades on their team. Call it bad luck, or w/e.....but like I said, it is a necessary evil to make the games competitive.

I'd consider not mentioning that if I were you. your 11k scoundrel was a huge help in a very close hb. :rolleyes:

Edited by foxmob

To further chime in on the Super Q's...

You guys can q however you see fit, and try to defend on how its not a dick move. But don't expect the server to sit idle when we have to sit through 27 minutes of getting farmed and trash talk whenever we play your 8 man teams. Doing stuff like that is probably the fastest way to lose respect and become hated on the server. Continuous pug stomping is bad for this already dying game's community.

If you want people not to hate your guild...

Q as 8 people but just beat us and don't drag the game out to farm numbers. Don't trash talk the pugs you beat after/during the game. Don't quit out of games and screw over the rest of the people in the faction. Lets try not to get Watchmen status so I don't have to make Devil facebook creep all your mom's. Let's play nice. ;)

To further chime in on the Super Q's...

You guys can q however you see fit, and try to defend on how its not a dick move. But don't expect the server to sit idle when we have to sit through 27 minutes of getting farmed and trash talk whenever we play your 8 man teams. Doing stuff like that is probably the fastest way to lose respect and become hated on the server. Continuous pug stomping is bad for this already dying game's community.

If you want people not to hate your guild...

Q as 8 people but just beat us and don't drag the game out to farm numbers. Don't trash talk the pugs you beat after/during the game. Don't quit out of games and screw over the rest of the people in the faction. Lets try not to get Watchmen status so I don't have to make Devil facebook creep all your mom's. Let's play nice. ;)

Also super q to play with your friends man. Only reason I did it. When my team farmed others that were friends I sat in the back. But for watchmen/pd/rep gents/outer rim Templars, I may make am exception in some cases. They farmed my teams I like returning the favor. But that devil facebook thing was priceless.

I've been in super Q a few times with Unicorns when either Didact or Boba threw me and invite and I'll second what Neb said, they don't go looking for an optimal group to roll pugs.

When I was invited it was just to just pull some mates in and have some fun games away from the riff raff of PvE wearing players who are only interested in farming stabilizers.