If you could have a lightsaber, what colour/style would it be and why?

Lordmird

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it comes to me:

I would have a traditional 1 bladed lightsabre (waterprof offcourse) ;with a yellow cristal(i think the why taht color is quite evident) ; i would use it as it is suposed to be used to cut people in half.... i don't think i would give it a name because i cant come with any good ideas right now... after all, as sombody already pointed out, names are earned...

Edited by YeIIow

I would have 2 lightsabers only use 1 in shien form and i would switch to whatever lightsaber i feel like using at the time . the first 1 would be the hilt style that anakin had in episode 3 or the 1 with the crystal sticking out from the bottom of the hilt in swtor. It would have a cyan or black-cyan crystal. The second lightsaber would be the sith 1 would be the black 1 with the spikes on it in the game. The color would be the black 1 from force unleashed 2 since that 1 looked so ****** and way better than 1 from The force unleashed 2. and i would use it to cut things duh if i'm bored or not or just for the hell of it. as for names well i'm bad at names so when i think of 1 Edited by Zaxem

not sure, there are several interesting. my first thought:

I'd use a green, curve-hilted lightsaber (imagine Dooku's lightsaber in green), probably with a silver hilt, but a golden hilt is also an option.

I think I would learn the Makashi form. Not for fighting purpose, but as an art form. In a fight I'd rather only use the Force, without drawing my lightsaber.

I think I wouldn't name it, because it is a device which serves me.

Edited by Maaruin

I would use a standard hilt with a dual phase setting and a purple crystal. I would probably use Djem So and Ataru for lightsaber forms. As for names, I would most likely not name mine.

Edit: I would probably also have a lightsaber pike with a purple crystal aswell.

Edited by ToEasy

Me i'd be a walking armory of blades. My first saber would be a dual phase lightsaber. Standard blade would be Silver, extended blade would be bronze colored.

Second blade would be a lightsaber pike. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightsaber_pike With a nice Cyan blade, just to have a weapon many haven't seen before.

Then last but not least a pair of shoto lightsabers[aka short bladed sabers] both viridian green from KOTORII.

Yeah. walking armory of blades.

Edit: Oh forgot names of my blades. Dual-phase: Final flash, style Djem so/Shien. Saber-pike: Longarm, Style: Juyo. Shotos: Yin/Yang, style Jer'kai. And yes i'd be the weaponsmaster.

If i could only keep one, then the dual-phase and i'd master every variation of form V i could.

Edited by TalonVII

Funny, I was just about to post a thread about this, when I find this one!

For me, I'd wield a single curved-lightsaber with a purple crystal with an electrum covering. Curved to support my use of Makashi, purple to symbolize my detachment from both the Jedi and Sith codes and electrum to symbolize my mastery of the Force!

As I said I'd use the Makashi form because its elegant, sophisticated and deadly, using minimal exertion to deflect incoming attacks and exploit the enemies weakness. That's how a lightsaber should be wielded. I'd also use Ataru, firstly because it looks awesome and secondly because to not use the Force to amplify your skills with a lightsaber is foolish. But Makashi and Ataru would be mainly for lightsaber combat. When fighting blaster wielding opponents I'd used Shien - and with a reverse grip because that's just awesome. :D

Funny, I was just about to post a thread about this, when I find this one!

For me, I'd wield a single curved-lightsaber with a purple crystal with an electrum covering. Curved to support my use of Makashi, purple to symbolize my detachment from both the Jedi and Sith codes and electrum to symbolize my mastery of the Force!

As I said I'd use the Makashi form because its elegant, sophisticated and deadly, using minimal exertion to deflect incoming attacks and exploit the enemies weakness. That's how a lightsaber should be wielded. I'd also use Ataru, firstly because it looks awesome and secondly because to not use the Force to amplify your skills with a lightsaber is foolish. But Makashi and Ataru would be mainly for lightsaber combat. When fighting blaster wielding opponents I'd used Shien - and with a reverse grip because that's just awesome. :D

Yea, I reckon I'll be doing a "If you had" thread every week.

Nice explanation too

I'd have two: Both regular with gold-orange crystals, right-hander has a hilt resembling Rahm Kota's, but with darker covering. Left-hander has a curved hilt (Think Dooku's, but darker). The power crystal would be Katak for one, Hurrikaine for the other.

I'd probably learn Juyo and Jar'kai, then mix the two together and use that as a fighting style.

The sabers' names would be Annihilator (right-hander) and Dominator (left-hander)

Edited by Bird_of_Thunder

Well, as it turns out when ever I can get a double blade in my hand I become far more lethal.

So I have two options.

1) A long-handled saberstaff that can disconnect into two seperate blades. The hefty defence added by a staff gives fantastic surivivability to my Juyo style and the strength from a long hilt turns my blade into a mobile shield with plenty of room for my constantly moving hands. The construction would be similar to http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Guardian_(hilt), but with a longer staff-hilt section. I'd have the hilt made with mandalorian iron plating (almost impossible to get sure, but it'd be worth it) so that I can block downward cuts. I would use a crimson crystal (purple if jedi ;)). The hilt would of course be black with crimson accents (metalic with black in the picture). It would also have replacable leather grips for a more earth-y feel. I would carry it as 2 seperate blades. In close quarters a staff does-not-work; the 2nd one could be used for surprise. Fight with one, draw the other one, stab, link together and spin - you get the idea.

2) The same as above, but much much shorter with a staff for each hand. I rather doubt this would work for effective combat, but I've had some suprisingly good results in short burst fights with it. Strength is a huge problem, and I often only used the second blade as a surprise stabbing whepon. Concider this a crazy option and only read 1) if you're sane.

EDIT: I should mention I would most likely name my sabre after my love-interest/gf/wife to remind myself why I must live to return. My ship would be what I'm fighting for (victory/liberty/revenge), but that's another thread.

Edited by Lord_O_Death_Joe

I would have a purple, double bladed lightsaber. I would use a combination of Soresu for defense and Ataru for offense, Soresu because it works well with a double bladed lightsaber, and Ataru because personally I suspect that the acrobatics involved would also work quite well with a double bladed lightsaber, in addition to being able to utilize the momentum gathered during Soresu's defensive patterns. Also, the purple is just because I think purple colored lightsabers look amazing :p. Also, if I was to name it, it would probably be something like Zero.

I would probably have a hilt similar to Kyle's from Jedi Outcast with a collapsible metal blade at the bottom of the hilt and a yellow or orange crystal. If possible I would lace the whole thing with cortosis :p

It would be known as "Gladius", and it would strike fear into the hearts of my enemies! :)

• 3 years later...

Mine would be a double bladed yellow lightsaber because I like the role of the jedi sentinals my customisation would be white with golden dragon heads at each end of the blades. It would also be able to detach and shrink into two mini double bladed lightsabers.

P.S I'm a star wars old republic player lv l56 . I do know what the lightsaber colours mean. All of them even gold,silver and black.