End of waves for today?

Indurin

I'm curious, why limit the number of waves per day? I can understand the staggered launch, although I don't agree with it, but there seems to be no reason at all to just... stop inviting people for the day. Bioware is a huge company, and I can't imagine you don't have a team willing to work the night shift to continue these waves. Your customers want in, I doubt anyone would care if they received their invite at 3 in the morning instead of several days later. This is just my opinion, and of course you don't have to answer... just don't direct me to the early access thread again. It has nothing to do with the question i asked :)

I'm curious, why limit the number of waves per day? I can understand the staggered launch, although I don't agree with it, but there seems to be no reason at all to just... stop inviting people for the day. Bioware is a huge company, and I can't imagine you don't have a team willing to work the night shift to continue these waves. Your customers want in, I doubt anyone would care if they received their invite at 3 in the morning instead of several days later. This is just my opinion, and of course you don't have to answer... just don't direct me to the early access thread again. It has nothing to do with the question i asked :)

Why are you the expert on what's possible in Bioware?

If he wasn't real, he wouldn't have just posted this.

Now, for the question. I believe they are only doing a set amout of waves a day so that they won't put too many people into the servers.

The same people put in today will be here tomorrow lol, of course many will be in further zones, but just as many will have made another char and be in the starting zone. Imo they should've just opened it to everyone at once, but if they continue with the staggered approach I wish they would just continue the waves.

I assume it's because whoever makes the decision on waves is going home soon. Let's assume it's Austin, TX, so maybe a couple more hours left in the workday (which would fit with there being one more wave).

We might ask why they would have hired/moved around people so that there was someone at the helm of the wave rollouts 24/7, but you have to remember that that's just more health insurance to pay, and ever since Obama's Health Bill went into effect, insurance premiums have been jittery in reaction.

So, really, it's Obama's fault.

(I kid?)

Edited by revial

Servers will have to be shut down for a while i bet.

Yeah, I fully expect a good bit of downtime after the December 20th launch, but I also think that's all the more reason to let everyone in now. It would make both the consumers happy and give Bioware some info on what they might need to do to make the Dec 20th launch more smooth.

Just a guess, but I imagine as people get of of work in the US starting in about 2 1/2 hours, server numbers will jump. This will effectively create another couple of waves. I don't think they want to risk letting anyone in until they know that the newb zones are relatively clear.

They have sent out ell these invites on a Tuesday, the starting zones are full and most of the people that are in are still at work.

Think ahead to prime time dude.

+1

This person is wise, makes sense to me. Does anyone really think BW is out to delay thier entrance into the game? LOL

They have sent out ell these invites on a Tuesday, the starting zones are full and most of the people that are in are still at work.

Think ahead to prime time dude.

Yeah, then they probably can do another wave then I would think. There's enough time for it.

I'm wondering why they aren't doing bigger waves though. Wasn't the stress test was supposed to give them an idea of how much each server can take and they can hand out waves from there?

The staggering is probably because they have no info on how things will get by Prime Time for the States/EU/NZ/etc. and don't want to push it. Waiting a day is better than crashing the server and waiting two.

So agree I have been waiting all day but I would rather get in tomorrow or Wednesday than have the servers crash and not be able to get in till next Tuesday.

Just a guess, but I imagine as people get of of work in the US starting in about 2 1/2 hours, server numbers will jump. This will effectively create another couple of waves. I don't think they want to risk letting anyone in until they know that the newb zones are relatively clear.

Except the noob zones, like every other zone in the game, are instanced and phased.

they cant handle the loads

If they can't handle the loads, then you would see actual players that were in the game coming here to complain of crashes.

Until there are crashes in the game, then they have NOT invited enough people. When they begin to see server crashes, then they will know they should stop the invites.

They need to open up the game to everyone that pre-ordered.