Slotting belts and bracers for PvP

NathanielStarr

Pvp armoring is slot specific (eg. chest armoring); mods and enhancements can be moved around. You can still move armorings into different pieces but they have to fill the same slot (eg. chest armoring into an orange chest piece; you couldn't throw it into leggings, for example). For the slotted belts and bracers you can put in the mods from any piece; the only pvp armoring mods currently for belt and bracers are elite war hero. If you don't have access to those or if you just prefer the stats for them you can use crafted pve armorings. Edited by Chalpy

Before I waste money moving mods around, could someone tell me if you are able to put say the mods (armor etc.) from PvP armor (like a chest piece) into either a slotted belt or bracers? Or does something prevent you from doing it?

the elite war hero belt/bracers are probably your best bet if you wanted to keep the expertise, otherwise you can buy 27 armorings off the gtn and then use a wh mod, that will give you more mainstat than the elite wh armorings, a lot of people do that.

Crafted 26/27 armoring's, WH (not EWH) offhand (besides ops/scoundrels) and EWH belt/bracer are options for alternatives for armoring's that are not slot specific. All mods/enhancements can be moved to which ever piece of gear you wish with no restriction. Edited by cycao

Umm offhand armorings have been specific for offhand for about a month now. Elite warhero belt/bracers are the only armorings that arent specific to any item.

I must be grandfathered in. I have 7 WH offhand armoring's in my bank but have not touched them since 1.6 until tonight when I went from 4 piece stalker set to the 50 force PvE set bonus.

I must be grandfathered in. I have 7 WH offhand armoring's in my bank but have not touched them since 1.6 until tonight when I went from 4 piece stalker set to the 50 force PvE set bonus.

Same, because I tryed moving an armoring out from from other day and was like ***?!?! lol. Too bad my armorings were crappy battlemaster ones.

Only armorings from belt and bracers are generic to my knowledge.. lvl 27 armorings from offhands were not the last time I tested it, although 26 from offhands are generic.

The fastest way to gear up to bis is to start w/ shells that have the set bonus you want (either have to have old bm shells or use a pve set bonus if your class has a good one) then buy ewh belt/bracers for the armorings and mods..

For some classes its very very efficient.. Literally can get to bis for less than half the cost of going the standard route, and you get 80% of the bump 1/3 of the way in (e.g. you get full bis 27 armoring + 27 mod + bis 26 enhancement, at the point where you'd be 60% of the way done buying ewh the standard way once..)

Not if you play an Agent.

agreed which i think is totally unfair. but thanks to EWH belts and bracers you can use the armoring from them then mod them how you like. I think BW didnt think this one through when they alienated ops/scoundrels from being able to do this from the get go.

• 2 weeks later...
Tangential question: What is the new sweet spot on Expertise with EWH? I saw a post detailing the curve, etc. several months ago, but not sure if it's still up to date. Mostly I ask because I'm using 27 might armorings in belt/bracers, and would not like to be hurting myself with the expertise drop. ;-)