How about you randomly stop kicking me out of the game?

TridusSWTOR

I'm a sub and it happens to me. I think I know what causes it too. I have two monitors. BW hasn't coded their game to restrict mouse movement to just the monitor the game is running on. So you're playing the game and you move your mouse around and you move it to your other monitor where the game isn't running. When you click without realizing it, the game crashes to the desktop and you have to click the icon at the bottom to make it pop up again. I was able to recreate this in testing. The fix is simple. Just code the game so that mouse movement is restricted to the game window. It's not that difficult. There I fixed the bug. Where's my pay check?

I'm a sub and it happens to me. I think I know what causes it too. I have two monitors. BW hasn't coded their game to restrict mouse movement to just the monitor the game is running on. So you're playing the game and you move your mouse around and you move it to your other monitor where the game isn't running. When you click without realizing it, the game crashes to the desktop and you have to click the icon at the bottom to make it pop up again. I was able to recreate this in testing. The fix is simple. Just code the game so that mouse movement is restricted to the game window. It's not that difficult. There I fixed the bug. Where's my pay check?

i run on duel monitors and have never had that happen. I am also constantly going back and fourth between the two monitors when i stream.

This happens to me on a regular basis too. By regular, I mean every 2-3 hours of gameplay. I find that it happens more often when I switch between alts.

For example alt 1 is on the Imp fleet, alt 2 on Hoth, alt 3 Pub fleet. By the time I get to my 3rd (or so) different location - crash to desktop.

If I stick to 1 toon, I am usually good for several hours, even doing WZs seems ok, as long as I stay in 1 location - like the fleet. But when I start shuffling crafting mats, items, or switch between Pub\Imp, etc - dead.

At that point the crash can happen at any time - loading a new zone, opening my bank, starting a chat, just standing there, etc.

I am a sub and have a pc far above the reqs, and it crashes on me every few days. Some things like the HM Black Talon crash every time in the same place (the end). Other times it is random. The other day I had just finished moving mats from inventory to cargo on the fleet. Someone came into the room and was talking to me. I had not touched the keyboard or mouse for about thirty seconds when it crashed. I wasn't doing anything and it failed!

//hopes that by kicked they meant crashed, otherwise sorry for going OT

• 1 month later...

I am more used to the game literally shutting down, this is more related to playing, then getting DCd and kicked into the loading screen with that Sith Hall and statues, that is what I get... and it NEEEVVVEERRRR lets it load off into a char select screen! I GOT AN IDEA HERE IF YOU MORONIC DEVS HAVE THE BRAIN CAPACITY TO READ! Sorry for that, just a bit mad here...

Implement an IN-GAME login screen, allowing one to bypass the launcher... at least when the game itself is running - ONLY after logging into the game via launcher first though. That would allow one to just force-logout without murdering the Game which is running, and just log right back in, because just getting KICKED INTO ENDLESS LOADING SCREEN OF DISCONNECTS and shutting off the game only to start it again... really wastes time.

Would be a great thing. Champions Online and StarTrek Online has these things, but we gotta log in everytime we log out of a char, but I dont mind that. Think of it, willya? I really dont wanna unsub on account of the game trying to destroy my account through random kickouts.