A question for long time subscribers/digital upgrade pack buyers.

SoSickMinded

I've been playing for a week or so and love the F2P so today I went ahead and subscribed, but I have a couple of questions.

First off, is the digital upgrade pack worth it? I understand it's only $5, but besides the mount, which can't be used until lvl 25, are any of the other items good for anything?

My second question has to do with the Hutt Cartel DLC coming out next month. When it is released, how will I download it? Will it be included automatically in a patch or will I have to download it manually on the site?

Take the 2nd post and the 3rd post, and average them out. If you see the value now, it will still be there in the form of the Speeder you mentioned. If not, then well... at least you're out of the "freep" crowd. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

I got the CE, but if you really love the game and plan to keep on playing (you should :) ) it's cool to impress friends with flare gun or twi'lek dancer plus you get an exclusive speeder and other stuff if I remember.

:)

Lol, I bought the 6 month subscription, so I plan on playing for quite a while... I'm not really that social in game so showing off wouldn't be high on my list... can the speeder be shared on all my characters as long as they meet the requirements?

Also, are cartel coins worth buying or should I just stick to using credits?

I've been playing for a week or so and love the F2P so today I went ahead and subscribed, but I have a couple of questions.

First off, is the digital upgrade pack worth it? I understand it's only $5, but besides the mount, which can't be used until lvl 25, are any of the other items good for anything?

Just as a note, the STAP is adaptive, making it usable all the way to 50

Lol, I bought the 6 month subscription, so I plan on playing for quite a while... I'm not really that social in game so showing off wouldn't be high on my list... can the speeder be shared on all my characters as long as they meet the requirements?

All of your characters get a copy of each item.

Speeder is worth it, if you have the Legacy speeder unlock for level 10.

Its $5, who cares?

I’ve spent hundreds on this game in the last 2 weeks. It’s my entertainment, no regrets!

Good point. I was just making sure before blowing it. I don't have a legacy speeder because of the f2p exp cut, I'm only half way to legacy lvl 2 so far =/

Bought the Digital Deluxe version when the game was released. Cause the CE was already sold out.

Of all the stuff that came with it, honestly only the Speeder gets much use. All your current and future characters automatically get one, so that saves you quite a bit of credits ingame. And once you can unlock the Legacy perk, your characters can ride a bike from level 10 onwards :)

On a personal note :)

For my new Shadow I decided to buy the Sportster speeder from the Cartel Shop. I had over 3k of free points lying around. Been away from the game for a few months, but let my sub running. So basically a free awesome looking pink bike which included rank 1 Pilot Speeder License. :D So my Shadow now has 2 free bikes :rolleyes:

Personally, I think $5 is a good price for a free scalable speeder on every character you make. When you make some more money you can buy the level 10 unlock for your future characters and pretty much have a free speeder right off the bat. It's one of the better values in the game.

I may buy the pack later on, but after examining the GTN, I was able to buy mounts for my toons for only 3-5k a piece although I wish I had known sooner than subs got access to mounts at 15 instead of waiting till after 20 and noticing I could learn it on accident lol.

Thank you all for the replies.

One more thing though... Does anyone know how to download the DLC when it comes out? I've already pre-ordered it, so will it download with the patch when the time comes or will I have to manually do it?

I may buy the pack later on, but after examining the GTN, I was able to buy mounts for my toons for only 3-5k a piece although I wish I had known sooner than subs got access to mounts at 15 instead of waiting till after 20 and noticing I could learn it on accident lol.

Thank you all for the replies.

One more thing though... Does anyone know how to download the DLC when it comes out? I've already pre-ordered it, so will it download with the patch when the time comes or will I have to manually do it?

I'm not sure. But most likely you will get an email to download the content when they make it available. or there will be a link to a page on SWTOR that you can go to download it.

Edited by xorcist

I have been subscribed since launch and had the DDE for a long time. I love the Longspur Stap for one reason: Adaptive. I don't NEED (I'd like/want another mount but I don't need one) to purchase another single mount after that. That is already worth £2.99 since it's account wide for all of my characters. Plus, the dancer and flare gun are pretty cool to show off to friends. In my opinion, it's totally worth it.

Since you are a subscriber, you can get mounts at level 15 or 10 with Legacy/Cartel Market. F2P get it at 25.

Rise of the Hutt Cartel isn't coming out next month. The early access for pre-ordering ends on January 7th. The expansion is coming out in Spring 2013. No release date as of yet. In terms of downloading it, we don't know yet, but I think it will probably just be a patch that everyone will download like normal ones but only people that have purchased it will actually be able to access it. Other MMO's do the same thing. Everyone downloads the same content, but if you don't purchase the DLC/Expansion then you can't access the content.

Hope that answered your questions. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Out of the entire package I only use(d) the speeder. Everything else sits in my bank. It DID let me come back as a preferred player though when I started playing again this month, but then I ended up subscribing within a day because of how terrible the f2p options were. Edited by TMcMakeitHappen

My second question has to do with the Hutt Cartel DLC coming out next month. When it is released, how will I download it? Will it be included automatically in a patch or will I have to download it manually on the site?

Yes teh digital upgrade Pack is worth it, you get a Speeder and various items on ALL of your characters on all servers for just a on-time pay of 1.99 euro it is worth it.

It's not worth it. Go buy yourself a Monster and some beef jerky with your $5.00

Or...save a little more money and buy a "good" game to play

▲ Nothing like watching a turd drown in a punch bowl ... ▼

OP - been here since April 2009 & pre-ordered the CE. If you're having fun it's worth it. Especially since as a subscriber the entire game becomes available to you - without limits - for 50¢ a day. As a digital release the DLC will likely be patched in after entering a registration code in your My Account section. At Legacy level 2 + 40k credits per character (the normal level 25 training cost) speeder training becomes available to them at level 10.

Edited by GalacticKegger