smash nerf it , I exect better from you BW

warstory

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWcZhA0VORI

This video begs to differ. Keep in mind this is 1.1 and these numbers are being achieved.

Are you talking of 1.1. when Relics/adrenals are still worked in WZ's and PvE gear was as good as PvP?

Not to mention animation delays and not so easyachivable autocrits...

Edited by Missandei

Are you talking of 1.1. when Relics/adrenals are still worked in WZ's and PvE gear was as good as PvP?

Not to mention animation delays and not so easyachivable autocrits...

If 10k crits were possible with relics/adrenals. What do you think is possible without them? If you tell me any value lower than 5k I'll just point and laugh. I knew focus guardians in the same guild of mine at the time hitting 6k crits on players. Then again this was against players with 15-16k HP.

Animation delays don't account for damage. Yes they made the sweeps apply damage prior to the animation as opposed to after so its a bit harder to dodge the damage however the build up is still the same. It is very easy to know when a guardian is going to smash.

It was still an auto-crit then, it is still an auto-crit now. I really don't understand the difference in ease?

Animation delays don't account for damage. Yes they made the sweeps apply damage prior to the animation as opposed to after so its a bit harder to dodge the damage however the build up is still the same. It is very easy to know when a guardian is going to smash.

It was still an auto-crit then, it is still an auto-crit now. I really don't understand the difference in ease?

You are so funny.

I just dont understand why you are defend 1.4-1.6 changes if «it is all the same»?

Just vote to revert smash spec to the pre 1.4 state.

lol

You are so funny.

I just dont understand why you are defend 1.4-1.6 changes if «it is all the same»?

Just vote to revert smash spec to the pre 1.4 state.

lol

I think you misunderstand my position. I'm not voting against going back to pre-1.4 focus/rage. What I disagree with is nerfing the overall damage IE reducing the skills damage potential as many nay sayers are crying for. I've heard things as ridiculous as cutting smash damage in half. That is verbage used when the player doesn't understand how to counter the class or let alone play the class.

I think you misunderstand my position. I'm not voting against going back to pre-1.4 focus/rage. What I disagree with is nerfing the overall damage IE reducing the skills damage potential as many nay sayers are crying for. I've heard things as ridiculous as cutting smash damage in half. That is verbage used when the player doesn't understand how to counter the class or let alone play the class.

No other class have the instant AOE ability that do the most damage among all other abilities.

The rant are coming mostly from there.

Make this ability damage mostly single-target and harder to get crit. And problem solved.

And truth to be told - the «Nerf the Maras movement » was always been here.

Edited by Missandei

No other class have the instant AOE ability that do the most damage among all other abilities.

The rant are coming mostly from there.

Make this ability damage mostly single-target. And problem solved.

It wasn't an issue pre-1.4, it shouldn't be a issue post. The mechanics should stay consistent, rolling back to pre-1.4 is acceptable as the spec was fine prior to 1.4.

If they remove the AOE aspect of the skill they need to give focus something else as the whole spec revolves around force sweep/smash.

It wasn't an issue pre-1.4, it shouldn't be a issue post. The mechanics should stay consistent, rolling back to pre-1.4 is acceptable as the spec was fine prior to 1.4.

If they remove the AOE aspect of the skill they need to give focus something else as the whole spec revolves around force sweep/smash.

The whole Mara class was NOT fine before 1.4.

People was crying for nerf it. And when 1.4 brings BUFF there was a complete bewilderment from a community.

And there was no need to completely get rid of AOE aspect. Just made it like lot of other class abils that hit the target with hight damage and all around receive only half the damage.

The whole Mara class was NOT fine before 1.4.

People was crying for nerf it. And when 1.4 brings BUFF there was a complete bewilderment from a community.

And there was no need to completely get rid of AOE aspect. Just made it like lot of other class abils that hit the target with hight damage and all around receive only half the damage.

Or remove swelling winds from the focus tree and put it on the bottom of the vigilence tree which was pre-1.2. This allows focus guardians to stay consistent and sentinels to not gain the 20% damage boost.

The Focus/Rage spec in itself is not such a big deal. I don't mind fighting one smasher, as hard as it can get. What I do mind is the hordes of brainless fotm rollers who switched to Jedi Knights lately.

On Red Eclipse it's become impossible to pvp as an Imp most of the time, because there's always tons of smash monkeys(I've seen premades composed of smashers!) spamming that stupid aoe. I've been in a warzone with 6 Jedi Knights yesterday! 5 of them were Focus specced! Try dealing with that!

If you want a class that has strong mechanics, heighten the skill cap. At least this way, some people will move away from it and the game becomes playable. Otherwise, there's really no sense in having any other class. We'll all just roll the 1 button wonder that is Focus/Rage.

Or remove swelling winds from the focus tree and put it on the bottom of the vigilence tree which was pre-1.2. This allows focus guardians to stay consistent and sentinels to not gain the 20% damage boost.

You make it sound like you think focus tards are fine as long as they are guardians. Mate, they are both a broken as each other.

How can you defend your overpowered class and keep a straight face. I suspect you are trolling at this stage, your fellow class mates often admit they play a broken and overpowered class frequently and even lament the fact they all but have to play the boring and simplistic 2 button wonder that is focus/rage. They know they would rather play a spec that requires at least more skill than your average 5 year old possesses, and they long to be respected for their PVP prowess instead of being derided as yet one more flavour of the month smashtard.

Let me draw a parallel, fictional example for you to highlight just how ludicrous your position is. Suppose in 1.6, in an effort to make all the sniper trees viable, Bioware made corrosive grenade a max of 5 targets, lowered its cooldown to 12 seconds, doubled its damage and made it all happen up front and instantly AND gave several other sniper skills a proc that made it auto crit. Ridiculously overpowered I hear you say. Exactly.

Edited by Sydexlic

You make it sound like you think focus tards are fine as long as they are guardians. Mate, they are both a broken as each other.

How can you defend your overpowered class and keep a straight face. I suspect you are trolling at this stage, your fellow class mates often admit they play a broken and overpowered class frequently and even lament the fact they all but have to play the boring and simplistic 2 button wonder that is focus/rage. They know they would rather play a spec that requires at least more skill than your average 5 year old possesses, and they long to be respected for their PVP prowess instead of being derided as yet one more flavour of the month smashtard.

Let me draw a parallel, fictional example for you to highlight just how ludicrous your position is. Suppose in 1.6, in an effort to make all the sniper trees viable, Bioware made corrosive grenade a max of 5 targets, lowered its cooldown to 12 seconds, doubled its damage and made it all happen up front and instantly AND gave several other sniper skills a proc that made it auto crit. Ridiculously overpowered I hear you say. Exactly.

I defend certain aspects of it because it isn't as overpowered as people think. There are aspects of it that I do agree need to be scaled back. Damage, crit, and amount of targets isn't one of them. These have been the same since day 1. However how we build that singularity, the ease of stacking smash classes, and the animation and when the damage is applied needs to be looked at. Possibly scaled back to pre-1.4 so it takes longer than a second to build singularity.

Now as for guardians. I defend it even harder because what people don't understand is focus is the only viable spec for guardian DPS atm. Whether that be because it is OP or not is up for discussion. I personally am a vigilence/defense hybrid player up to 1.4 and would love to go back. Knowing bioware will either overscale it, underscale it, or not even bother (most likely) is why I don't trust what is coming in 1.7 and believe minor adjustments to focus is all that is needed.

Edited by xContex

The players admitting their class is broken and OP have all been Sentinels/Marauders.

Guardians/Juggernauts don't have near the same damage potential. Swelling Winds/Decimate belongs back in the Vigilance/Vengeance tree.

Edited by ELECTRICJUDGMENT

STOP THE *********** QQ AND LEARN TO PLAY.

I dont play smash monkey; their animations are so easy to see; their rotation is more than obvious;

to destroy thir burst is easy as hell; everyone has tools to anihilate a smasher.

i destry em with my sin, with my carnie mara, with my sorc.

I'll believe you when i see a commando in your list.

STOP THE *********** QQ AND LEARN TO PLAY.

I dont play smash monkey; their animations are so easy to see; their rotation is more than obvious;

to destroy thir burst is easy as hell; everyone has tools to anihilate a smasher.

i destry em with my sin, with my carnie mara, with my sorc.

I speced 1 week my mara into smashmonkey to learn how to freeking counter em, and what all that buzz was about; and quess what? if that guy gets a hard hitting smash is cause you freeking let him!

Against good players smasher, can maybe smash for 5k-7k once in a lifetime; casuse he gets identified from start and focused. so as i said; dont let him smash...everything else they do between smashes is garbage.

I toatlyy agree i play vigilance guardian and did the same thing played it a little to see what it was all about and realized it easy to counter in groups use your intrupt in the stasis or choke remove exhaustion and they are toast.

just finished a warzone with 5 smash monkeys in it. that was fun, 100% to 0% in 3 seconds :eek:

i dont really get the people claiming that the spec was fine pre-1.4. what exactly changed? b/c it has been possible to do massive damage from smash/sweep since launch. it has always been able to do stupid amounts of damage, ie it has always been OP.

the issue now is that everyone and their brother has rolled one for DPS in competitive PvP.

operative was nerfed hard for its offensive capabilities. "teams of operatives" were causing people to cancel their subscriptions. now there are *actually* groups of smash monkeys in warzones. its pretty common to see 3 on a team, which when they are coordinating is 15-20k damage, to multiple targets, in 1 volley.

how do you solve that problem? i am not familiar enough with the mechanics of the class to offer a fix myself, but when half of the problem is the volume of players in that spec, what can you actually do to fix it?

just finished a warzone with 5 smash monkeys in it. that was fun, 100% to 0% in 3 seconds :eek:

i dont really get the people claiming that the spec was fine pre-1.4. what exactly changed? b/c it has been possible to do massive damage from smash/sweep since launch. it has always been able to do stupid amounts of damage, ie it has always been OP.

the issue now is that everyone and their brother has rolled one for DPS in competitive PvP.

operative was nerfed hard for its offensive capabilities. "teams of operatives" were causing people to cancel their subscriptions. now there are *actually* groups of smash monkeys in warzones. its pretty common to see 3 on a team, which when they are coordinating is 15-20k damage, to multiple targets, in 1 volley.

how do you solve that problem? i am not familiar enough with the mechanics of the class to offer a fix myself, but when half of the problem is the volume of players in that spec, what can you actually do to fix it?

what is you class if you wont help

check the 1.4 notes. it's easier to build singularity now. thus, it's easier to lolsmash. yes. there was a change. before, good ppl did massive dps. average PTs/VGs did massive dps. now, average Warriors/Knights do massive dps. not the brightest trade imo.

check the 1.4 notes. it's easier to build singularity now. thus, it's easier to lolsmash. yes. there was a change. before, good ppl did massive dps. average PTs/VGs did massive dps. now, average Warriors/Knights do massive dps. not the brightest trade imo.

ah, so the setup is easier now. yay for balancing around the lowest common denominator :rolleyes:

Shockwave/Singularity is ridiculously easy to build, thus the aoe can be used more frequently with guaranteed crits. Also, the damage goes off the moment you press the skill, not when you hit the ground(as it used to be), so no way of escaping it.

The quickest way to correct this is to move the Swelling Winds/Decimate talent back to the Vigilance/Vengeance tree, as it was before 1.2, removing the 20% damage buff to Sweep/Smash for all Sentinels/Marauders.

Shockwave/Singularity is ridiculously easy to build, thus the aoe can be used more frequently with guaranteed crits. Also, the damage goes off the moment you press the skill, not when you hit the ground(as it used to be), so no way of escaping it.

IE Which is why the animation should be scaled back to what is was pre-1.4, the amount of singularity that combat focus gives needs to be scaled back [Give 2 stacks instead of 4], swelling winds needs to be put back into the vigilence tree, and the ability to stack smashers and win effectively needs to be looked at. IE Introduce an AOE Debuff that drops on affected targets who were smashed reducing subsequent smashes for X% of damage (My suggestion 20%). Have it last for 5-6 seconds and have it stackable so if 5 smashers hit 1 location. The damage breakdown would be as follows:

First Sweep: 7k

Second Sweep: 5.6k

Third Sweep: 4.2k

Fourth Sweep: 2.8k

Fifth Sweep: 1.4k

Total Sweep: 21k Total Damage

Now if you were stupid enough to get hit by 5 smashes then you deserve the incoming damage. This total damage is most realistic on light armor classes. Heavy and medium armor classes would have lesser values. Hell players with half a brain and see a known smasher incoming and pop a CD could mitigate a huge portion of this.