The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

We know nothing about RotHC

Lovethebeard

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was not talking about the legal side of things...

Me either. I'm talking more along the lines of a teaser movie trailer. Do you get angry when a studio releases a teaser trailer for a movie that's not coming out until the following year? Do you get angry when that same studio releases a more detailed trailer for the same movie closer to the movie's release date? To me, this press release about Makeb is no different.

Me either. I'm talking more along the lines of a teaser movie trailer. Do you get angry when a studio releases a teaser trailer for a movie that's not coming out until the following year? Do you get angry when that same studio releases a more detailed trailer for the same movie closer to the movie's release date? To me, this press release about Makeb is no different.

We had our makeb "teaser" back in June... 6 months later and its announced officially for pre order and the amount of info received is literally the same amount of info we received from the teaser back in June. People are not happy about the fact that the info received is extremely limited and there is a limited time offer on the pre order bonus of saving $10 and getting early access

We had our makeb "teaser" back in June... 6 months later and its announced officially for pre order and the amount of info received is literally the same amount of info we received from the teaser back in June. People are not happy about the fact that the info received is extremely limited and there is a limited time offer on the pre order bonus of saving $10 and getting early access

Actually the limited time offer is only for the 5 days of early access. The price point remains the same for subs and non-subs regardless of when they purchase. Also, the Makeb teaser back in June didn't have the info about the 5 new levels, it just said the level cap was going to go up. It didn't tell us that there would be new dailies, a new active ability or new skill points for each new level. It didn't tell us that there wasn't going to be class story, that instead the story arc would focus on the two factions. This is all new information.

You can push 5000 trailers and teasers about Batman, for instance.. it`s still the same lunatic playing dress-up as a bat, fighting one or more slightly more deranged persons - it`s only their faces and abilities that change.. and the setting. The rest is just eye-candy and smoke...

Dont recall ever being asked to pay for a movie when all thats out is the teaser trailer

Your points, all of them, are nothing but spin city and fail to grasp the meaning or concept being applied by multitudes of posters.

Actually the limited time offer is only for the 5 days of early access. The price point remains the same for subs and non-subs regardless of when they purchase. Also, the Makeb teaser back in June didn't have the info about the 5 new levels, it just said the level cap was going to go up. It didn't tell us that there would be new dailies, a new active ability or new skill points for each new level. It didn't tell us that there wasn't going to be class story, that instead the story arc would focus on the two factions. This is all new information.

It was pretty obvious that it'd be 5 new levels, no other number would really make sense. They also showed new class abilities in the trailer as well. Both of those were confirmed long ago, honestly you are just arguing for the sake of arguing.. you are arguing about semantics, nothing else, just plain semantics which is incredibly pointless.

Dont recall ever being asked to pay for a movie when all thats out is the teaser trailer

Your points, all of them, are nothing but spin city and fail to grasp the meaning or concept being applied by multitudes of posters.

So when the teaser for The Hobbit came out last year, you were under the impression that it would be free to go to the movies to watch it?

So when the teaser for The Hobbit came out last year, you were under the impression that it would be free to go to the movies to watch it?

Of course not, but movies =/= MMO's, its industry standard to announce features of an expansion instead of being asked to pre order with such little info. The way you are arguing is nothing short of trolling. :rolleyes:

It was pretty obvious that it'd be 5 new levels, no other number would really make sense. They also showed new class abilities in the trailer as well. Both of those were confirmed long ago, honestly you are just arguing for the sake of arguing.. you are arguing about semantics, nothing else, just plain semantics which is incredibly pointless.

The June video SPECIFICALLY highlighted "New Level Cap and Class Abilities". You saying "it was pretty obvious that it'd be 5 new levels, no other number would really make sense" is purely conjecture. There were lots of people who were claiming the level cap HAD to go up by at least 10 otherwise there'd be no point. "New class abilities" is not nearly as detailed as them specifying the fact that we are going to get one new active ability, new talents and 5 new talent points for each class. So I'll say once again, claiming the developers haven't released any new information about the expansion is false. We didn't even know anything about the story that was going to surround this expansion in June.

The June video SPECIFICALLY highlighted "New Level Cap and Class Abilities". You saying "it was pretty obvious that it'd be 5 new levels, no other number would really make sense" is purely conjecture. There were lots of people who were claiming the level cap HAD to go up by at least 10 otherwise there'd be no point.

So? Does it make it less true? It is a level increase nontheless.. can be 5 levels or 5000 levels. Conjecture can be claimed on the actual number, but the FACT is not changed - level increase - 5 or 5000 is still irrelevant, as you only invest points in your template and get used to new skills in "rotation" - ultimately you click 1-2-10 more buttons...

"New class abilities" is not nearly as detailed as them specifying the fact that we are going to get one new active ability, new talents and 5 new talent points for each class. So I'll say once again, claiming the developers haven't released any new information about the expansion is false.

Each time you level, you get one more skill point and either one rank in one existing skill, or a new skill, or any combination of the 2. It is logical to expect as many skills within the skill trees as levels we gain. New skills, depends on what Bioware wants to do with the classes. Again.. detail is irrelevant, as the FACT is well known.

We didn't even know anything about the story that was going to surround this expansion in June.

Yes we did. Most claimed it will be the famous Chapter 4 (some actually called it like this) and assumed it will be class story continuation. It turns out we`re getting the cheaper story - Empire vs Republic. The FACT states that there IS a story.. it`s just which story it is that`s in question.

[EDIT] http://www.swtor-life.com/video/the-future-of-swtor-jeff-hickman-interview/7112/

"What (if anything) will subscribers have to pay for after F2P launches?

[snip]. More story content. "

Even official voices claim it is more story...

What`s your point?

Edited by Styxx

really?? i was under the impression that the price was only till Jan what ever and after that date it would be the same as free to play people... that's what it sounded like to me any ways. i never saw anything stating what you just said... where did they say this?? if that's true then i don't have to worry and just wait till the last min or until its live and decide then.

Of course not, but movies =/= MMO's, its industry standard to announce features of an expansion instead of being asked to pre order with such little info. The way you are arguing is nothing short of trolling. :rolleyes:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but M.O.P. was made available for pre-order in July with confirmed new race, class, continent, level cap and pet battle system. Rise of the Hutt Cartel has been made available for pre-order with confirmed new planet, level cap increase, class abilities and talents, heroic missions, daily missions and faction specific story arcs. Seems very comparable. Do you feel that Blizzard was equally lacking in asking WoW players to purchase M.O.P. without giving them adequate information?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but M.O.P. was made available for pre-order in July with confirmed new race, class, continent, level cap and pet battle system. Rise of the Hutt Cartel has been made available for pre-order with confirmed new planet, level cap increase, class abilities and talents, heroic missions, daily missions and faction specific story arcs. Seems very comparable. Do you feel that Blizzard was equally lacking in asking WoW players to purchase M.O.P. without giving them adequate information?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/feature/#levelcap

Now lets see.. new race, new class, new level cap. 2 World bosses. 3 raids. 9 dungeons. 2 arenas.

What we get is Belsavis... one barren planet and 5 new levels.

They have a full page of features.. we got 3 lol lines. Comparable alright.

Edited by Styxx

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/feature/#levelcap

Now lets see.. new race, new class, new level cap. 2 World bosses. 3 raids. 9 dungeons. 2 arenas.

What we get is Belsavis... one barren planet and 5 new levels.

They have a full page of features.. we got 3 lol lines. Comparable alright.

You can't compare M.O.P.'s CURRENT web page that details everything in the expansion which is LIVE to RotHC's available information because RotHC isn't live yet. What you should do is compare the amount of info that was available on M.O.P. at the time it became available for pre-order to the amount of information available about RotHC at the time it was made available for pre-order. If you do that, the amount of information is comparable.

You can't compare M.O.P.'s CURRENT web page that details everything in the expansion which is LIVE to RotHC's available information because RotHC isn't live yet. What you should do is compare the amount of info that was available on M.O.P. at the time it became available for pre-order to the amount of information available about RotHC at the time it was made available for pre-order. If you do that, the amount of information is comparable.

This is simply laughable, but whatever floats your boat, I`d suppose.

Btw, we are not debating information. We are debating content.

Edited by Styxx

really?? i was under the impression that the price was only till Jan what ever and after that date it would be the same as free to play people... that's what it sounded like to me any ways. i never saw anything stating what you just said... where did they say this?? if that's true then i don't have to worry and just wait till the last min or until its live and decide then.

It's in the FAQ. It specifically states the price for subs and the price for non-subs and in a separate bullet statement it states you will get 5 days of early access if you pre-order by 7 Jan.

It's in the FAQ. It specifically states the price for subs and the price for non-subs and in a separate bullet statement it states you will get 5 days of early access if you pre-order by 7 Jan.

No, it doesn`t.

http://www.swtor.com/buy

Subscribers Save 50%

Subscribers save 50% off the Regular Price - Only $9.99 ($19.99 Regular Price).

Receive five (5) days of Early Access* if you Pre-Order by January 7, 2013 11:59PM CT // 5:59AM GMT!

$9.99

Regular Price

$19.99

http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/7142

"This Digital Expansion is available for the following pre-order prices:

$9.99 for all active subscribers.

$19.99 for all Free-to-Play and Preferred Status players."

So, no, the prices are not identical.

Blizzard has a much better (read: existing) record of releasing expansions with a chunk of content that their player base is comfortable paying for.

EAWare, on the other hand, does not.

Before Blizzard even allowed pre-orders for M.O.P., the players knew that many of the features (new race, new class, new level cap, new continent, new dungeons) were going to be a part of the expansion. EAWare, however, told us about many of the features of RotHC as "Coming This Year!" without making it sound like expansion content we would be paying for.

For a lot of people, the idea that EAWare was developing Makeb as a large-scale, no-cost patch was incentive to stay aboard. It showed that they were going pretty darn far for the playerbase. Now that we've found out Makeb is expansion content, it's a little disheartening.

This is simply laughable, but whatever floats your boat, I`d suppose.

Btw, we are not debating information. We are debating content.

I guess that's apples and oranges then. It sounds to me like your problem is that you don't feel the CONFIRMED content is worth the money. If that's the case that's fine. I thought your problem was you felt the developers have made this expansion available for purchase without giving the players any new information about what content will be in the expansion. This has been my point from the beginning. I personally feel they HAVE released new information about what content will be in the expansion. I have never said anything about whether or not that content is worth the price they're asking us to pay.

No, it doesn`t.

http://www.swtor.com/buy

Subscribers Save 50%

Subscribers save 50% off the Regular Price - Only $9.99 ($19.99 Regular Price).

Receive five (5) days of Early Access* if you Pre-Order by January 7, 2013 11:59PM CT // 5:59AM GMT!

$9.99

Regular Price

$19.99

http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/7142

"This Digital Expansion is available for the following pre-order prices:

$9.99 for all active subscribers.

$19.99 for all Free-to-Play and Preferred Status players."

So, no, the prices are not identical.

I never said the prices were identical. I said the FAQ specifies the prices for subs and the price for non-subs. Sorry if you misunderstood.

Blizzard has a much better (read: existing) record of releasing expansions with a chunk of content that their player base is comfortable paying for.

EAWare, on the other hand, does not.

Before Blizzard even allowed pre-orders for M.O.P., the players knew that many of the features (new race, new class, new level cap, new continent, new dungeons) were going to be a part of the expansion. EAWare, however, told us about many of the features of RotHC as "Coming This Year!" without making it sound like expansion content we would be paying for.

For a lot of people, the idea that EAWare was developing Makeb as a large-scale, no-cost patch was incentive to stay aboard. It showed that they were going pretty darn far for the playerbase. Now that we've found out Makeb is expansion content, it's a little disheartening.

I understand where you're coming from.

I agree with you, but I heard they datamined a new operation to coincide with the hutt cartel- it's a sequel-like thing to karagga's palace: it's known as "scum and villainy". I'd imagine it be level 55.

So raised level cap... New op... New planet... And probably new goodies... Yeah, id say that's worth $10!

Excited.