The Packs...

hazzattack

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spent 1500 cartel points on packs, got a grand total of about 70k's worth of credits. Kind of think this takes the piss, what is the drop rate on some of the rare stuff, seems a bit of a joke really.

You are horribly unlucky.

Spent 1500 cartel points on packs, got a grand total of about 70k's worth of credits. Kind of think this takes the piss, what is the drop rate on some of the rare stuff, seems a bit of a joke really.

Well that's kind of the definition of RARE. If it was common, then they wouldn't be worth much or be in fact rare.

BW should let us sell CC items on any NPC vendor, most packs are full of junk, and the only way to make credits is to sell on GTN, but GTN is full of things no one buys anymore, in armor tab in GTN in my server has 84 pag. 45 is full of items no one buys,(banners selling for 10credits) but because they cost real money, no one want to just destroy it

I'm trying to understand, are you complaining because you spend 1500 CCs and got nothing? Those packs are the equivalent of gambling, you have a "chance" of rare drops.

1500 CC? I probably spent 15000 CCs and got close to nothing myself, not a big deal, I knew that I was gambling so I knew that the odds of getting nothing were high.

Hell, I know someone who spend $1000 and got some items and probably made $10 million credits off those items, I personally don't think $1000 is worth 10 million credits. But its all a gamble.

EDIT: I'm sorry to have to tell you but 1500 is really nothing (and that isn't factoring the amount of CCs some people spent to get "results")

Edited by Reppical

A vast majority of the packs are bought by rmt'ers, or have you not noticed the same people that you never see or group with selling the stuff??

Not exactly scientific evidence, lol. I bank almost all of my cartel pack stuff and don't sell hardly any of it.

The problem with selling pack item junk to vendors is it will create a fast amount of credit influx and potentially inflate the value of a credit(s). Already the cash booms (I think that is what they are called) has inflated the credit value ever so slightly. The reason why the rare pack items are so expensive if that many players have that kind of disposable income. If all individuals could sell their cartel junk items to vendors, the prices of other items which are in demand will also increase because of inflation. I can't say by how much, I can say that if I could sell my junk items to vendors I would have made well over 2-3million especially off those speeders.

Even so, you should be able to vendor some of that garbage because I can't sell alot of it on the GTN. Nobody wants an elegant loungewear hat ffs. It's horrible and I don't want my storage clogged with crap so i'm just going to destroy them soon. This whole cartel market is a piss off. And to those that get stuff on three trys - we dont care.....

You bought 3 boxes(very low probability of getting a super rare with that many tries). You probably should've sold them at 200k each instead or used those coins to buy expensive legacy stuff.

That is not how probability works. You take each individual item, with how many items are in the box and the chance that BW gives to each drop. Buying more boxes does not increase your chance to get the item because the probability of getting the item you want is the same on every roll. If the probability for getting a throne is for about 1 out of 100 hypothetically speaking, then on your first box, the probability is 1 out of 100, on the second box it is 1 out of 100 and on the third it is 1 out of 100. This is because each box is independent of the other.

One player could get Revan's mask in his first box. Another player could never get Revan's mask after 100 boxes. It is not really luck because we all have a equal chance of getting the mask. The event of getting a rare is highly unlikely and that is where the fun is for some people. High risk, big reward. Some people find it addictive.

got revans mask on third pack i opened. ha!!! :p

Good example here.

Edited by SentinelDranoel

That is not how probability works. You take each individual item, with how many items are in the box and the chance that BW gives to each drop. Buying more boxes does not increase your chance to get the item because the probability of getting the item you want is the same on every roll. If the probability for getting a throne is for about 1 out of 100 hypothetically speaking, then on your first box, the probability is 1 out of 100, on the second box it is 1 out of 100 and on the third it is 1 out of 100. This is because each box is independent of the other.

One player could get Revan's mask in his first box. Another player could never get Revan's mask after 100 boxes. It is not really luck because we all have a equal chance of getting the mask. The event of getting a rare is highly unlikely and that is where the fun is for some people. High risk, big reward. Some people find it addictive.

Indeed. Although it's more I suspect because of average price they can achieve rather than hooking people per se.

Good example here.

Though the odds of never having got Revan's mask do decrease the odds in the next pack is still 1 in 100 absolutely.

Buying more packs does increase the likelyhood of picking up the Mask though because.....

Warning maths incoming....

Odds of not getting is 99/100 (100/100 -1/100) therefore in two packs you have to not get it twice hence the odds of not getting it are (99/100)*(99/100)=0.9801 (no meaningful difference) but to not get it three you then times by 99/100 again and so on and so forth.... after five packs the odds are about 1/20 of having got the mask. After ten you're up to about 1/10 and after 20 you are up to about 1/5.

However the odds of any individual box containing the Mask is still 1/100.

Though the odds of never having got Revan's mask do decrease the odds in the next pack is still 1 in 100 absolutely.

Buying more packs does increase the likelyhood of picking up the Mask though because.....

Warning maths incoming....

Odds of not getting is 99/100 (100/100 -1/100) therefore in two packs you have to not get it twice hence the odds of not getting it are (99/100)*(99/100)=0.9801 (no meaningful difference) but to not get it three you then times by 99/100 again and so on and so forth.... after five packs the odds are about 1/20 of having got the mask. After ten you're up to about 1/10 and after 20 you are up to about 1/5.

However the odds of any individual box containing the Mask is still 1/100.

"Don't tell them the odds!" - Bioware EA. :D

You bought 3 boxes(very low probability of getting a super rare with that many tries). You probably should've sold them at 200k each instead or used those coins to buy expensive legacy stuff.

I didn't read the whole thread because this post made my head hurt.

Odds do not work that way.

If you open 2 packs and the odds of you getting that super rare item is 1% on the first pack then the odds of you getting that super rare in the second pack is still 1%. Doesn't matter how many you open, the odds each time you open the pack will still be 1%.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.