The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Since the level cap is going up to lvl 55, what abilities would you like to see?

RaithHarth

For your spec? Since I'm a shadow tank, I would like to see a temporary immunity to all critical and power/surge based attacks, yes i'm talking about pvp mainly

example~

Jedi Shadow tanks/Sith Assassin tanks -(Force Deflection) absorb attacks using the force and temporary immune to any high critical,power/surge damage, can also redirect damage back to the user.

Jedi Guardian/Sith Juggernaut tanks -(Lightsaber Redirection -watch how Mace Windu does this to Palpatine @

) absorb attacks using the base of there lightsabers, and tempoary immune to any high critical, power/surge damage, can also redirect damage back to the user. Edited by RaithHarth

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For PvE, I'd like to see Sentinels/Marauders get some defensive boosts. They are squishier than healers and aren't much better at DPS than a Shadow/Assasin tank.

but then again they have defensive cooldown like they were tanks.

I´d like some guardian tank love. stunimunity after charge for a couple of sec. Atm the max avoidance build isn´t even full defense build. you need 22points in dps for that. So slightly more avoidance in top defense tree. Just make it so there´s no doubt full defense is the best for pve tanking.

As for skills. TBH i think i have enough tools in my toolbox. A pull would ofc be nice.

I'd like to see:

- A 1-2min defensive cooldown for Sorcs. And no, neither the bubble nor the self-heal are sufficient.

- For madness sorcs, which could apply to all sorc trees, we need an execute ability. I'm mentioning Madness/Hybrid sorcs mainly because most of our damage comes from a) Force lightning, a channeled ability that we have to stand and cast again and again and b) Dots, that especially in PVP do laughable damage in 1vs1 fights. And, please... let us use our lightsabers for once!

- For my OP healer, I'd like to see them get rid of Kolto Infusion and replace it with something that's actually worth a place in our quickbar. Or if they can't/don't think they should do that, they can just change our set bonus, because (let's face it) NOONE cares about the 15% higher crit chance on an ability they don't use.

But, the truth is that if only one of the operative trees were to get "special" treatment this time around, that should be Concealment. They shouldn't be brought back to the ridiculous pre-1.2 "killed-you-in-5-secs" state, but they should get a decent buff to be considered something more than a leveling tree again.

Edited by TheNahash

For PvE, I'd like to see Sentinels/Marauders get some defensive boosts. They are squishier than healers and aren't much better at DPS than a Shadow/Assasin tank.

I don't want to derail here but... while I agree that Sent/Mara's are squishy, they are much better dps than Shadow/Assassins. Lol! I know... this is not the place for it, but I couldn't let it go. I run both types in HM and NiM endgame and there is a pretty big difference in burst dps and overall dps.

Some defensive boots couldn't hurt, but... they might be OP relative to other dps.

Edited by Rafaman

Heroic ability, call second companion. but from what i have gathered (e3 presentation) we will just be nicking an ability from what the npcs do so take your pick from them.

Exactly. Don't forget, this is Jeff Hickman SWTOR. Everything will be done cheaply and it will show. When it works. Which doesn't really matter.

"By the way, is my EA master here yet? I do try to kiss his ring 5 times daily."

Edited by arunav

I'd like my Marauder to get another smash or something like shockwave that stacks some surge. ;-)

Or for real a move that fills resolve and makes it start draining right away, or some kind of stun resist for a few seconds.

with all the stunlocks going on in pvp, they seriously need to take another look at the resolve bar, it doesn't do any of us any credit whatsoever

My Assassin would love a Lunge attack! Personally, imo, Deception Tree Assassin at the very least, needs a lunge attack.

Also, I'd love it so Stealth didn't regen the PvE mobs to full health when solo, as it makes me see the ability as worthless. I have an ability that puts me instantly into stealth, and I can't use it, except as a runaway ability :/ Grouped, it allows me to drop aggro, and reposition myself, but even then, that's just limited use in my experience.

Now I'm sure the mobs going back to full health when they arent aggroed onto anyone is just how it has to be, so I don't expect that to change.

An attack that allows me to open big from Stealth would be nice, but I'm guessing it's PvP reasons why there isn't a big damage attack from stealth.

Sith Juggernaut Immortal: Mass force choke- at least 3 targets like Malgus, CC with moderate Force damage.

Sith Juggernaut Vengeance: Powerslam- Vader style, picks up target and carries the target for 3 seconds before throwing the character down. Heavy internal damage, if it hits another target, does moderate - light aoe damage.

Sith Juggernaut/Marauder Rage: Savage charge- Charges into the target, knocking them to the ground and impaling them for heavy internal damage.

Sith Marauder Carnage: Dark Rage- become uncontrollable and increase dmg by 5% for 15 seconds, has a damage reflect like ability that damage targets who hit the Mara for 3% of total damage received.

Sith Marauder Annihilation: Dark Wound- 10 second dot that amplifies bleed damage received by 1% per stack for a total of 10 stacks. Bleeds applied after stacks applied. Increased bleed time for 2 seconds.

Since I am at work and on my phone, that's all I could think of at the time. I will likely pop in here and add some more stuff for other classes.