Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

did you buy the expansion? are you gonna buy it? do you want to wait?or never buy it?

LUCASCASADEIS

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pre ordered to save my sanity and future wining at myself.. Seemed daft not to as a sub because all that would happen is I would have sat there thinking - shall I shouldnt I - and then finally bought it at the higher price :rolleyes:

I really hope they do a good job on it though as it wil be how we judge all future efforts.. Please no more highly generic looking planets

Edited by Ighten

I pre-ordered it. As I had mentioned in a different thread, I did it as an investment. My hope for this game has not changed. I want it to be the best game it can be. I love the game, but feel that it is missing a lot of things that would make it the best mmo ever. So I'm donating my $10 in hopes that they make it better. If they don't, I'll quit sooner rather than later. If they do, great. I'll continue to pay a monthly fee and enjoy it even more.

Nope i am waiting to see what happens.

I left the game before 1.4 and recently came back to now CTD's every 2 hours and such. Enjoying the game for what it is but I'm not sure that I am going to be here when the expansion hits tbh, and as of now I am month to month.

Not being able to buy with CC in my opinion is a huge mistake, but im sure it wont be the last and it sure wasn't the first screw up Bio/EA has done with this game.

Nope i am waiting to see what happens.

I left the game before 1.4 and recently came back to now CTD's every 2 hours and such. Enjoying the game for what it is but I'm not sure that I am going to be here when the expansion hits tbh, and as of now I am month to month.

Not being able to buy with CC in my opinion is a huge mistake, but im sure it wont be the last and it sure wasn't the first screw up Bio/EA has done with this game.

actually i am agree they do not let us buy this expansion with the CC because they put alot of work on it and if they sold this expansion in the cartel market, they wouldn't get any money and it would be a gift. (500cc per month)

it will never be in the cartel market because Bioware put a lot of work on it and they cant give it to you for free (free coins per month)

If only 50% of the current player base buy the expansion (assuming the ratio to subs/F2P is the same) just wait for the 'Coming to a Cartel Market soon' signs coming. After all it wouldn't be the first time BW/EA changed their mind would it?

Edited by mothear

At the end of the day there are two choices, Either you buy it or you quit playing. I cant imagine anyone trying to play the game without the update. and its the price of a small pizza so who cares about the money. Im sure 99% of the people playing swtor have gotten their money "entertainment wise" out of it.

All in all , it looks a bit light for an "expansion" but we dont know anything about it yet. for all we know it could end up being HUGE....then ten bucks is a steal! or it could be a new quest hub and nothing else , so you just pay your ten bucks to get your 5 levels and enjoy yourself 8)

Either way im buying it.

I wasn't going to....I hate buying something that I know nothing about. But then I suppose its like buying a lottary ticket...you're buying 'hope'. So I ponyed up the $10 and bought the thing, hoping it will be awesome. Needless to say if they rook us, I won't be doing it again, until I get a detailed accounting for all we're getting.

As I've been subbing since launch (and plan to comtinue doing so), of course I bought it, especially when I saw the pre-order price was 1/2 off the intended price.

So I take it you did not actually read the page where it lists the price?

Pre-Order Price and Current Price are the same; Bioware gave you an early-5 days so they could add your $9.99 to their 4th Quarter report.

Personally, I will never pre-pay for anything Bioware produces.

I refused to do so for Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3 and I am glad I did. I refuse to do so for Makeb. After it launches and player-feedback indicates it is a quality product and worth the money I may do so.

Until then, Bioware has told me next to nothing so they get nothing.

I pre-ordered for the $10. I thought about it first for a bit, because there really isn't much info out about it - they may as well have just said "Hey we're rolling out an xpac wanna buy it?" and left it at that.

BUT .. I have high hopes for this game, as I really do enjoy it and see a LOT of potential here. So .. ok - I'll dig out a 10 spot and see where it goes. However - if it turns out to be a lemon, you better believe they aren't getting another dime from me until this game is fixed correctly. I do what I can to hand out cash for development, like a lot of people do - I would hope they do something useful with it.

Recently undubscribed from the game as for me its got no better since release so no I wont be getting it. I do wonder how people can pre order when theres hardley any information about the expansion.

SGR

new gear

new abilities

new points for the skill tree

new planet for explore

new story

that is 10 dolars for me

and it has improved a lot this game since launched.

SGR

new gear

new abilities

new points for the skill tree

new planet for explore

new story

that is 10 dolars for me

and it has improved a lot this game since launched.

Ahhh... so this is a "convince people to buy the lolexpansion" thread, not a discussion.

Got it.

*Edit* ... and by "got it", I mean I have not purchased the lolexpansion

Edited by Ignicity

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.