PvP Optimization (Accuracy, Crit & Surge Rating)

-Mythix-

I'm assuming these values vary depending on which spec? Or is there an overall sweet spot no matter which spec?

I'm currently sitting at:

Accuracy 99.37%

Crit 34.85%

Surge 77.98%

Curious what others are sitting at that have pretty much full WH with some EWH items. I switch a lot between all 3 specs, as I enjoy them all, but just looking for some input. Thanks.

I'm assuming these values vary depending on which spec? Or is there an overall sweet spot no matter which spec?

I'm currently sitting at:

Accuracy 99.37%

Crit 34.85%

Surge 77.98%

Curious what others are sitting at that have pretty much full WH with some EWH items. I switch a lot between all 3 specs, as I enjoy them all, but just looking for some input. Thanks.

They're pretty close to mine except I have 2% less surge and 2% more accuracy.

They're pretty close to mine except I have 2% less surge and 2% more accuracy.

Yeah, when I pick up the new EWH Implants/Ear pieces, the Surge shld come down...however I am going to lose a lot of Crit value...so wondering what the "lowest" crit rating we shld have (as well as Accuracy).

I don't see many misses with 99.+ accuracy...but I can imagine playing MM or Lethality it wouldn't hurt to get it a bit higher, although that is the spec I least play.

Edited by -Mythix-

Yeah, when I pick up the new EWH Implants/Ear pieces, the Surge shld come down...however I am going to lose a lot of Crit value...so wondering what the "lowest" crit rating we shld have (as well as Accuracy).

I don't see many misses with 99.+ accuracy...but I can imagine playing MM or Lethality it wouldn't hurt to get it a bit higher, although that is the spec I least play.

Well I say my crit is about what..34.40? somet like that but I don't have the +3 crit skill thingy in the lethality tree so that'd boost it to 37%ish. Someone told me that a good lethality gear build was around 40% crit otherwise I think around 34% is ok for the other builds, if you can get it higher without loosing too much power and surge of course go for it :)

Bit surprised about your accuracy though, I've never been one of these min/max type players I just kinda go with the flow but I'd definitely try to get that a bit higher...should be fairly easy to do I'd have thought.

I think your accuracy is fine, only thing you would probably miss on with that is rifle shot(very small chance) or if your going up against some tank, in which case you can pop TA and be fine

Sounds about right, saw this in another thread (Gunslinger), this is what I was looking for:

350 critical rating

300 surge rating

100% acc.

Edited by -Mythix-

Fully buffed, i'm at :

99~% accuracy.

38~% crit

78%surge

633 bonus damage

980~tech bonus damage

1190 top end primary weapon damage

2050 cunning

21540 hp's.

Min maxed EWH/WH gear (I only pvp), all companion buffs, all relevant datacrons, rakata skill stim.

Fully buffed, i'm at :

99~% accuracy.

38~% crit

78%surge

633 bonus damage

980~tech bonus damage

2050 cunning

21540 hp's.

Min maxed EWH/WH gear (I only pvp), all companion buffs, all relevant datacrons, rakata skill stim.

Show us your gear?

you only need 95% accuracy. The only thing 100% will help with is tanks, in which case you need to use illegal mods to help anyways, and unless you are lethality, you should be leaving tanks alone. Freeing up that 5% of accuracy will net you a lot more power/surge from the enhancements you can change.

By "a lot" more surge, you mean like 3%.. :p (Go for the Accuracy)

In fact, full EWH Field Tech set seems to give a pretty decent starting point for all Sniper specs. Was surprised at how well itemized this set was.

Fully buffed, i'm at :

99~% accuracy.

38~% crit

78%surge

633 bonus damage

980~tech bonus damage

2050 cunning

21540 hp's.

What expertise do you role with? Do you try to minimize it? and if so, by how much?

you only need 95% accuracy. The only thing 100% will help with is tanks, in which case you need to use illegal mods to help anyways, and unless you are lethality, you should be leaving tanks alone. Freeing up that 5% of accuracy will net you a lot more power/surge from the enhancements you can change.

inquisitors/consulars have 10% base range defense though and I've been seeing many assassins/shadows in wzs lately.

Edited by JohnAnconia

By "a lot" more surge, you mean like 3%.. :p (Go for the Accuracy)

In fact, full EWH Field Tech set seems to give a pretty decent starting point for all Sniper specs. Was surprised at how well itemized this set was.

I've tested this over the last week or so. I dropped my accuracy to around 95.4% or so, and swapped enhancements to power/surge and am sitting at 35% crit, 79.8% surge and I think 966 bonus damage (hazy this is from memory). Sitting at around 1980 cunning buffed (no datacrons as I am lazy) I absolutely do more damage in every wz now, and if Im going to focus a tank I use illegal mods anyways. Anything over 95% is just a waste for pvp. I ran 100% accuracy forever thinking the same thing, but its just not true.

Any sniper/gunslinger that wants to 1v1, you at your 100%+ accuracy and me at my 95%, I will win. Feel free to look me up if you are on the Harbinger.

Superfabulous

Edited by rothchilds

Actually answered in another thread while thinking about this one, so i'll just say it again here. Like we discussed on the PvP thread, there are many ways to Min/Max a Sniper, but I think we more or less reached a consensus that _balance_ is better than shooting for the stars on one stat :)

I'd rather have 4-6% alacrity than 3% Surge. I mean, we're talking about 100-150 extra damage on a 6K crit.. Usually we're doing too high hits anyways, faster is better. Reason is, Diminishing Returns on Surge is really bad at that point, other stats are way more useful. I will never miss a Sorc with my 6k Ambush, but it might happen 1 in 20 with 95% accuracy. Are you OK with that trade? I'm not.

Comparing one WZ to another is barely even anecdotal. Even if you were to run the same 8v8 10 times on the same map, the outcome would differ vastly! I don't doubt you're doing better, but I'd wager on you becoming a better player rather than 0.1% or less damage output :)

Edit; It's your extra power that boosts your damage, not the minuscule surge, which was my point.

Edited by Svii

mine is roughly:

Acc = 100.10% ish

Surge = 77%

Crit = 40.90%

Health sat at 20k and a little change.

Top end primary weapon is around 1100.

I pvp only really.

that's about what I have on my sniper. while getting my EWH completed I will try out the ~95% Acc thing though, I do get missed hits already every so often on tanks, so I'm not sure if I will stick with it.

edit: expertise is at 1208 iirc

Edited by Visazo

After getting some more EWH pieces, this is where I'm currently sitting at.

Stats

One thing you could do, to boost that crit chance up is drop one or two enhancements out ya gear and replace with 26/27 pve enhancements and at same time boosts health. ive got around 1201 expertise and ive started swapping mods/armourings/enhancements out. I would rather have a extra few thousand health and better crit chance than have 1300 expertise when 1200 is enough.

edit - the enhancements i went for to start of with was the battle26 enhancments, boosts ya crit chance and surge and to craft only takes two molecular stablilisers or to buy is around 300-450k credits on my server. And i swapped out my +41 exp crystal in my main weapon for the +41 power.

Edited by mattycutts