Mouse Help!!!!!!

sirullrich

So yesterday I bought a new g600 logitech mouse and changed my hotkeys and used 1-12, shift 1-12, control 1-12, and alt 1-12. I was so use to using the keyboard and didn't reailize how different it would be. I bought the mouse because I just rolled a sniper and found that it was kind of hard to dps and strafe at the same time because of the way I set up my hotkeys. I played 2 games of PVP because I do not PVE. I died every time I showed up because I could not remember all the hot keys. So I rerolled a pub sage to start over and re learn the hotkeys, but I really cannot stand doing the story at all.

1)Should I just stick on my main and deal with the beatings I will get in PVP till I figure it out or continue to play on my pub sage until I learn? My main is a sorc heals.

2)Should I have just tried to keep the new hotkeys as similar to what I had? But if I do that I will be wasting a crap load of buttons just so I can strafe and shoot.

3)Is there anybody that can tell me if the way I set up my hotkeys is ideal or not or do most of you just setup the hotkeys to your liking?

Please help me!!!

What I did with my naga is, my reflex/reactive abilities are on the mouse; my priorities are on the keyboard. Not sure how that mouse is, but I did it by using the num-pad for the mouse and the 1-12 and F1-F12 on the keyboard. I also have alt and shift as alternates, but those are little used abilities., or at least not time sensitive.

When I first got it, I just used the most comfortable buttons on the mouse at first until I seemingly just got used to it and found myself binding more and more to it.

As far as strafing while hitting the keyboard keys go; I learned to use my thumb while my fingers stay near the hotkeys I will need while strafing.

I'm playing using a Naga, the num keys, the arrows and some of the keys in the insert/delete block on the keyboard.

I'm not playing your class but I do play a hybrid heal sage. This is the way i have it set up.

1. I have "next/previous" quickbar on insert/delete

2. On one quickbar I have mainly dps stuff and on another heal stuff.

3. On a third quickbar, the one that's static below the one that I'm toggling, I have shift abilties 1-12 with some random abilties that didnt fit on the pure dps/heal bars.

4 On the fourth quickbar I have AOE's, stims and adrenals. Those abilities are bound to num keys 1-9 plus the -/+/etc keys.

5. I tab targets on the mouse wheel (click)

6. Two extra buttons on the mouse are used for targeting friendlies and auto run.

7. I'm strafing by holding down right mouse button + arrow.

8. I'm using space for force mend in dps mode but has it bound to a mouse key when in heals mode. Space felt like a good emergency key. I'm jumping on num key 0.

The reason to why I' decided to use the arrows and num block instead of wasd is because it's easier to rest the hand there. I will be getting my new keyboard soon and it has a bunch of additional buttons around the arrows so it will ease things, especially quickbar toggling.

Edited by MidichIorian

Buy a logitech g13 game pad or similar and learn to move with your mouse and thumbpad and all your troubles will disappear. Wasd will be no more and that all by itself will give you 4 more hotkeys not to mention the other keys you'll be able to reach because your hand isn't bound to one key for movement

Put that thumb to use for something other than hitting the space bar.