Lock the full servers

Nukeemon

it's the FIRST day of release. Of course you are going to see queues. It will get better in the next following days.

Locking the full server is an awfull idea. Some people have friends that will want to join them to play togheter. Locking server would prevent this and it will never be done.

Population will settle soon and people, by themselves will re-roll to less populated server and the balance of population will happen.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. That is the solution. Lock friends from being able to play with friends. That is a way to keep subscriptions flowing :rolleyes:

Stupid move. BioWare don't listen to this non-sense. We all know it will balance itself out over time.

You make no sense. Servers with queues should absolutely be locked. If you want to play with your friends so bad go to their new server.

it's the FIRST day of release. Of course you are going to see queues. It will get better in the next following days.

Locking the full server is an awfull idea. Some people have friends that will want to join them to play togheter. Locking server would prevent this and it will never be done.

Population will settle soon and people, by themselves will re-roll to less populated server and the balance of population will happen.

learn to think OUTSIDE the box. you can lock the server AND allow friends to play with friends.

lol this doesn't sound anything like SWG and Starsider.

This is ust further proof that Bioware didnn't believe its own hype when it came to the launch of this game.

I will give them this, at least the servers are up and online for the launch day...Many other MMO titles crashed the first offiicial day. Be happpy you have a queue to wait in rather than a down server requiring repair.

Yes. That is the solution. Lock friends from being able to play with friends. That is a way to keep subscriptions flowing :rolleyes:

Stupid move. BioWare don't listen to this non-sense. We all know it will balance itself out over time.

the friends can't get in for 2 hours anyway, may as well go play on an alt server until it all dies down

I know it's launch day, and I know lat issues and queues are to be expected, but isn't funny we have an entire page full of light servers and twice and many servers full? Can Bioware at least lock the full servers so no new characters can be created? It would actually divert incoming subscribers to the low pop ones instead of constantly crushing the old servers.

Sure, then lose customers because a new player wants to play on server X with friends (which is locked due to high pop) and can't

Please think before you post. They tell you what the general pop is. If someone wants to join a high pop server and wait in queue, they have as much right to that server as you do. If they don't want to wait, they can choose a lower pop server

25 Minutes dear god, 25 entire minutes.

This needs to be fixed Nao!

or they can just wait a few weeks and see how everything looks post launch. Servers are busier and people play more at launch. I'd rather be playing with a bunch of folks in two to three months than not have a small queue now.

Find something else to do for a few minutes. I wanted to play a bit before work today, logged on, saw I had a 10 minute queue. So I ran upstairs, got ready for work, and when I came back I was 3rd in line.

No problem here.

Unless it's 25 minutes, zone lock get dumped with an error 9000, 25 more minutes, pull a heroic boss, zone lock, error 9000, 25 minutes.

I play on a full server with friends, and we have lots of other friends who want to play with us who didn't preorder. If our friends pay $60 for the game and can't play with us, they will want their money back and rightly so.

Do not lock full servers.

Stop complaining.

Free transfers is the answer. I expect to see them announced within 48 hours.

QFT. Free transfers would solve the Queue problems in a more elegant way, but I'm not sure they have the technology/knowhow or have tested it properly yet.

Good morning all. There is no question, server queues are a pain, but locking people out isn't the answer (would need to lock accts out, not character creation, or those of us already on the full servers couldn't create new characters). I've been sitting here since 8:00am mountain. It's 8:32am mountain now, and my estimated wait time was 10 min when i started and has now jumped to 15 min. I'm now 3 in the queue. I'd just be glad if they'd get the estimated wait time fixed. Gotta go to work in 10 min. lol. Anyway, yes, queues suck, but we just need to be patient. I'm one of those that wouldn't mind a new server if i got a free transfer. I'm unguilded and only know one person in game.

Good morning all. There is no question, server queues are a pain, but locking people out isn't the answer (would need to lock accts out, not character creation, or those of us already on the full servers couldn't create new characters). I've been sitting here since 8:00am mountain. It's 8:32am mountain now, and my estimated wait time was 10 min when i started and has now jumped to 15 min. I'm now 3 in the queue. I'd just be glad if they'd get the estimated wait time fixed. Gotta go to work in 10 min. lol. Anyway, yes, queues suck, but we just need to be patient. I'm one of those that wouldn't mind a new server if i got a free transfer. I'm unguilded and only know one person in game.

Actually it is the solution. Just allow character creation from accounts that already have at least 1 character in that server. Problem solved.

Just take away the selection for those who are not in Guild.

That way if you were registered to a guild the server option should be there but if not too bad.

I have found on my server we have west coast guilds while its an East coast server that is retarded. Just moving people doesn't Help any I have a guild on mine I got the Names I wanted and I am 40 I put in the time. I find no reason why those who did preorder would need to make changes

Full servers should be locked to new players UNLESS they get a special invitation to join that server from a friend already on that server. The locks should be lifted after a few weeks when everyone isn't playing 15 hours a day and things settle down. Edited by Twolow

My guild which is small would all free transfer off our full server if it was offered but they all don't want to start over, though dont ask me why we only played like 5-7 days so far. I would rather reroll than wait in the queue but I want to stick with my friends that have less play time than me so they don't really want to start over.

Free transfers is the way to go for sure just like other MMO's have had to do at start.

The full servers should have been locked at the end of the early access period.

Don't get to play with your friends or guildmates because of it? Too bad. You should have pre-ordered and gotten a slot before everyone else.

Now the early access people who did bother to pre-order are being punished because of it.