For those of you actually in game..........

beemerz

For the record, the other night when we had hour+ queues, I got in only to get a call that required me to leave the house.

As a test, I went AFK and let it go to see if and when i'd get booted.

So, it's official. 20 minutes AFK = autolog. Just sayin'.

The game will auto-log you when you AFK for a certain length of time..

So did Rift .. so people just got bots to make their character jump once every couple of minutes. I saw one guy, level 1, standing at the start of the Sith start area when I started one toon yestery .. the hours later when I started another he was still there, in EXACTLY the same spot.

This sort of 'population control' is doomed to fail, it's far to easy to automate a way round it.

I agree, reporting wall-running is a good idea, but that'll only kick out the stupid ones who don't know any better.

Horrible queues simply make this situation worse it makes it worthwhile for people to do this for hours at a time so they don't lose their login slot while at work/school/sleeping.

Edited by KerinKor

The game already logs you off after 10 min or so, but IDK how long it will take before it disconnects you from the server, but I've been AFK from the log in screen for 15 min on a honey-do task without getting disconnected.

How can it log you out if your auto running into a nice hole in the wall? I saw it the other day. So unless the server can distinguish between running in place and running the the world you wont get logged out. The only way to get these people who do this is to report it so someone else can get in.

Edited by beemerz

The old "pen-in-the-keyboard" trick fixes that, almost as good as a G15

Yep, I remember playing that game "two worlds" and the stupid thing didn't even have an auto-run. Can you believe that? With as much travel as you had to do......anyway, maybe they fixed that by now, but who cares? What I did learn there is a good ol' C Battery is the perfect size to stand upright on your W key for a bonafide autorun feature.

Or for the ones of you that the dark side is strong in, I'd garner that it'd be a nice anti-AFK trick.

I, of course, will be rolling a jedi knight and would never do this nor do I condone it.

How can it log you out if your auto running into a nice hole in the wall? I saw it the other day. So unless the server can distinguish between running in place and running the the world you wont get logged out. The only way to get these people who do this is to report it so someone else can get in.

In WoW, it would auto-log you unless you were doing some sort of keyboard or mouse input. Auto running would NOT keep you in, you had to be physically holding down the W key. Auto-following would also not keep you in - I watched my toon on autofollow one time have their /afk flag thrown up and got disconnected later even though they were running all around. I'd imagine it's similar here.

Go to ship to be alone, press G1 on G19 keyboard, watch character jump in place once a minute, go do real world stuff.

The game should force boot players after 4 hours of game play until the situation resolves.

Edited by Twolow

If that can comfort anyone, I've the other problem arround : my retard web connection which decided to be unstable the DAY of my early access started. SO I'm disconnecting quite regulary.

Was only an annoyance till there were no queue on my server. But since there is some, I'm unable to play most of the time. 40 min queue - 5 min play, disconnect. 45 min queue, 10 min play, disconnect. Rince, repeat. Super fun. Now that there is also queue during non peak hour (aka during the night or early morning) there is absolutely no hope for my case.

For the record, the other night when we had hour+ queues, I got in only to get a call that required me to leave the house.

As a test, I went AFK and let it go to see if and when i'd get booted.

So, it's official. 20 minutes AFK = autolog. Just sayin'.

It seemed more like 15 to me, could be wrong...