Subs should get 16 character slots.

Galbatorrix

They're bumping F2P up to 4 and preferred up to 6. Why not bump subbed players up to 16 o we can have one of every AC if we so choose? I love having alts and it really irks me that I'm missing a Powertech, Assassin, Operative and Gunslinger. There's absolutely no reason for denying us the other 4 slots other than to nickel and dime us more later when they add the ability to purchase more slots on the CM.

My guess is so they can make some extra money off of altaholics. Which seems totally fair if you ask me. They give you enough to play every game class plus 4 to let you experiment with other AC of classes you already played. That may tempt you to want to play the other 4 AC you haven't tried yet and thus pay out the extra CC to do so (be it from your stipend or extra money you shell out).

I don't see why someone who must play every advanced class shouldn't have to pay a little something extra to do so when most people probably won't play more than 8 characters (aka only play each class once).

I can't wait till they give us 16 and people are demanding 32 so they can one of every AC for each gender. Then when they ask for 288 so they can have an AC of every race and gender.

Totally missing the point. Plus your argument is taking it to the extreme. They have already said they are going to increase the total amount of characters a subbed player can have from 50.

My guess is so they can make some extra money off of altaholics. Which seems totally fair if you ask me. They give you enough to play every game class plus 4 to let you experiment with other AC of classes you already played. That may tempt you to want to play the other 4 AC you haven't tried yet and thus pay out the extra CC to do so (be it from your stipend or extra money you shell out).

I don't see why someone who must play every advanced class shouldn't have to pay a little something extra to do so when most people probably won't play more than 8 characters (aka only play each class once).

Pay a little something extra ? I payed by losing 18 levels of legacy and had to make my final 3-5 characters earlier than i wanted , plus the fact i never asked to be moved to one server instead of the two servers i was happily on. So no i think Iv'e payed enough don't you ?

You mean't aka only play each class story ark once , not class as there are indeed 16 of those.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Totally missing the point. Plus your argument is taking it to the extreme. They have already said they are going to increase the total amount of characters a subbed player can have from 50.

In what way am I missing the point?

Yes I was taking it to it's extreme, it's a common form of argument:

Reductio ad absurdum (Latin: "reduction to absurdity") is a common form of argument which seeks to demonstrate that a statement is true by showing that a false, untenable, or absurd result follows from its denial

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_absurdum

Edited by Arlon_Nabarlly

They're bumping F2P up to 4 and preferred up to 6. Why not bump subbed players up to 16 o we can have one of every AC if we so choose? I love having alts and it really irks me that I'm missing a Powertech, Assassin, Operative and Gunslinger. There's absolutely no reason for denying us the other 4 slots other than to nickel and dime us more later when they add the ability to purchase more slots on the CM.
Agreed. Especially since I know many people who have 20 characters on one server due to the mergers. There just is no reason at all except milking their customers to not open more character slots for subscribers now.

In what way am I missing the point?

Yes I was taking it to it's extreme, it's a common form of argument:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_absurdum

The second part of my post solidify's the point and the guy's quote below also does.

Agreed. Especially since I know many people who have 20 characters on one server due to the mergers. There just is no reason at all except milking their customers to not open more character slots for subscribers now.

Just to add to it though is the fact that we can have 50 characters , so shoving users characters onto 1 or more servers due to a merge , then trying to charge for something that was free and still will be is not good for any business. Also the fact you admit to taking the argument to the extreme indicates that the Op's request wasn't extreme or unreasonable.

They are also attempting to rub salt into the wounds by announcing that we will be able to have more than 50 characters soon.

So 16 characters per server is actually a non extreme request , according to you , me and many more.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb