The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Help what do you get to play in the Hutt Cartel expansion pack?

Waspflow

I know you get levels, story, and a new planet. But I dont know what you get to play when you buy it. Do you get only 5 days of playing on Jan 7 and have to wait till spring? Do you only get 5 days of early play and have to buy it again in spring? When you buy the expansion pack do you get the 5 days of early play and now you own the pack and can go back to it when you want after the 5 days? Not sure thanks if you can help.

we dont get story per say, we get a planet story. its not connected to any class. its a story that all the classes to play. so if you have a warrior and a knight, they play the same story no matter the side.

EDIT: and you wait till spring

Edited by Mawduce

I was thinking that a new faction (Hutt Cartel) with 1 or 2 new classes (Melee with a vibroblade focus and ranged).

But then i remembered how much more complex each individual class is in swtor and figured it probably wouldn't be happening anytime soon lol

.....maybe another companion -prays-

we dont get story per say, we get a planet story. its not connected to any class. its a story that all the classes to play. so if you have a warrior and a knight, they play the same story no matter the side.

Actually no, there are faction specific quests as read about briefly here : http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5607001#post5607001

I know you get levels, story, and a new planet. But I dont know what you get to play when you buy it. Do you get only 5 days of playing on Jan 7 and have to wait till spring? Do you only get 5 days of early play and have to buy it again in spring? When you buy the expansion pack do you get the 5 days of early play and now you own the pack and can go back to it when you want after the 5 days? Not sure thanks if you can help.

Read the whole article plzkthnbai.

Stay tuned for more information coming soon - Over the next few months we will reveal more exciting new features!

I wish this forum layout had reputation reduction options

New faction stories (suggesting class stories)

New planet stories

New quest lines

New gear

New Armor

New Weapons

New Bosses

New enemies

New datacrons

New maps

ENTIRELY new planet

Suggestion of a new race - Cathar - and thats just the beginning

New Heroics

New World Boss

Yeah... nothing to enjoy there :rolleyes:

one planet. with all that includes. datacrons, planetary quests, haroic quests and a faction line quest.

5 levels, incl. some talent revamp.

No class quests. I´m sure thats also no companion quests, but i guess that haven´t been confirmed. It just seems to me companion quests should link somehow to chapter 4.

no news on whether we get more FP yet

No news on whether we get more OP´s yet

No news on whether we get more pvp maps

No news on whether we get one or more minigames

No news on whether we get more fluff like barber shop or some GTN search love

No news on whether craftng get´s looked at

No news on whether we get more races.

All we know so far is we get a planet the size of the current biggest planets with all that includes of quests and hardmodes and datacrons. Just like the current planets. That and 5 levels. Imo it´s not much of an expansion.

And this socalled expansion doesn´t come with 1 free month sub like a boxed expansion, so if you want to compare price to ex. pandaria, add 15$ to the price. Total of 25$ for a digital only expansion incl. 1 month sub. I think i´ve seen Pandaria on sale for about that.

For now were just waiting for more news on this socalled expansion.

Looking at the posting on the website, here, I believe if you pre-order the expansion by January 7, then you will get the expansion 5 days before anyone who didn't pre-order. Thus, if the expansion is scheduled to drop on Spring 5th, 2013, you would be able to play it on or about Spring 1st, 2013.

As to what you get...well, first theres the planet and planet missions themselves. I saw a video clip, earlier today, where one of the SWTOR guys talks about new ops and flashpoints. I don't know that he mentioned anything about warzones, but compared to planets, warzones are probably dead simple to put in to play. I wouldn't be at all surprised that if the expansion didn't have at least one at release, then they would have one within the first month. Hey, you gotta give them time to get things in place, first....

The rep also made mention that, after doing the math for all the new gear and such, a five level increase was just about right to keep the vanilla SWTOR ops and such still viable. Meaning you can get the five levels, and some spiffy new gear from the new ops and flashpoints...and hardmode and nightmare Eternity Vault still has a fair chance of kicking you in the Jawas if you aren't careful. Kudos to that.

About someone griping about a one month subscription to go along with it: Yeah, good luck with that. I spent $90 for the collectiors edition expansion to That Fantasy MMO...care to take a guess how many free months subscriptions came with it?

No class quests. I´m sure thats also no companion quests, but i guess that haven´t been confirmed. It just seems to me companion quests should link somehow to chapter 4.

And WHY would there be no new companion quests or class quests? The faction quests suggest that there WILL be class quests. Where are you getting your info?

one planet. with all that includes. datacrons, planetary quests, haroic quests and a faction line quest.

5 levels, incl. some talent revamp.

no news on whether we get more FP yet

No news on whether we get more OP´s yet

No news on whether we get more pvp maps

No news on whether we get one or more minigames

No news on whether we get more fluff like barber shop or some GTN search love

No news on whether craftng get´s looked at

No news on whether we get more races.

All we know so far is we get a planet the size of the current biggest planets with all that includes of quests and hardmodes and datacrons. Just like the current planets. That and 5 levels. Imo it´s not much of an expansion.

And this socalled expansion doesn´t come with 1 free month sub like a boxed expansion, so if you want to compare price to ex. pandaria, add 15$ to the price. Total of 25$ for a digital only expansion incl. 1 month sub. I think i´ve seen Pandaria on sale for about that.

For now were just waiting for more news on this socalled expansion.

umm...I didn't get a month free for any wow expansion i have paid for. the only free month was the original world of warcraft purchase

New planet stories

New quest lines

New gear

New Armor

New Weapons

New Bosses

New enemies

New datacrons

New maps

ENTIRELY new planet

New Heroics

New World Boss

Seriously you think all that is new it was promised as free an all there heroics are just reskins of another one from a different planet just updated mob. How stupid are people to not realize one Makeb was supposed to be free. An this crap here that is coming is taking us farther away from the SW universe where our stories left off. If they were to actually progress us towards the galactic civil war that supposedly by end of chapter 3 for every class was here.

If they gave us more to do with that they could keep the rest of there promises an give us guild capital ships an give guilds a sense of community an a actual point of belonging to. Right now its just so you an your friends can be tagged the same. An thats true because while there is bad pugs you can pug groups for TFB HM an get through it.

This crap they are pushing as a expansion its abilities NPCs in the game currently have, that is not a new ability. The race is new sure but when the consensus was to give us Tortugans or Natulians which was said to get back when they had the major Legacy update which was a flop neither came. We still have yet to even seen the other promised legacy updates that was supposedly going to be for legacy level 50 players it was supposed to be so unique an yet its not here.

New gear, new armor yeah they have to give something for the people who are not raiding that is purple quality with level 55 but hey look at all the other gear how many sets have been recycled an just recolored an the new color was new armor. Please its not new if you recolor it.

An most of this orange gear that is coming now was stuff we had back in closed beta anyways so where is the new? Its just recirculating old code.

This is EA's way of just milking more money out of a community when they revoke an decide to charge for what was promised as something to be free.

This is EA's way of just milking more money out of a community when they revoke an decide to charge for what was promised as something to be free.

lol, I love the way this is written - the sense of entitlement

Revoke what? When were we promised that we would get this for free? WoW and LOTRO have been charging for expansions for years. EAware is suddenly demon spawn because they follow a successful marketing scheme?

Right

Yeah, it was implied that we'd get Makeb without charge - it was implied that we'd get the cathar with patch 1.5, things change. Directions change. Sorry if it's not the direction you want, but the charge is Nine Dollars - I consider that a worthy bit of money to take out of my paycheck

And WHY would there be no new companion quests or class quests? The faction quests suggest that there WILL be class quests. Where are you getting your info?

Not really, to me faction quests suggests different quests for the 2 factions, Republic and Imperial, not class quests. If they were adding class quest's they'd probably say class quests.

New planet stories

New quest lines

New gear

New Armor

New Weapons

New Bosses

New enemies

New datacrons

New maps

ENTIRELY new planet

New Heroics

New World Boss

Where is the:

New Flashpoints (Nightmare FP)?

New Operations?

New PVP 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 Arenas (In my dreams)?

New more advanced UI Customization?

In-game Character Customization, like Rifts barbershop?

There's no positive information regarding new FP's or OP's, but IMO, they would have to add at least one OP and FP. The current ones, with those extra 5 levels, (which come with 5 new skill points, with each tree having new skills added, and higher stats), and anyone who is currently in any kind of progression team, and has Dread Guard level gear, the current OP's and FP's are going to be undo-able as they will become just to easy.

Looking at the posting on the website, here, I believe if you pre-order the expansion by January 7, then you will get the expansion 5 days before anyone who didn't pre-order. Thus, if the expansion is scheduled to drop on Spring 5th, 2013, you would be able to play it on or about Spring 1st, 2013.

As to what you get...well, first theres the planet and planet missions themselves. I saw a video clip, earlier today, where one of the SWTOR guys talks about new ops and flashpoints. I don't know that he mentioned anything about warzones, but compared to planets, warzones are probably dead simple to put in to play. I wouldn't be at all surprised that if the expansion didn't have at least one at release, then they would have one within the first month. Hey, you gotta give them time to get things in place, first....

The rep also made mention that, after doing the math for all the new gear and such, a five level increase was just about right to keep the vanilla SWTOR ops and such still viable. Meaning you can get the five levels, and some spiffy new gear from the new ops and flashpoints...and hardmode and nightmare Eternity Vault still has a fair chance of kicking you in the Jawas if you aren't careful. Kudos to that.

About someone griping about a one month subscription to go along with it: Yeah, good luck with that. I spent $90 for the collectiors edition expansion to That Fantasy MMO...care to take a guess how many free months subscriptions came with it?

Did they really try to say we should still run KP and EV at 55 for a challenge, when they are already face roll now, not to mention irrelevant save for comm farming?

If so, that doesn't say much for expecting then to deliver fresh new content at the level 55 end game.

Edited by DawnAskham

Where is the:

New Flashpoints (Nightmare FP)?

New Operations?

New PVP 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 Arenas (In my dreams)?

New more advanced UI Customization?

In-game Character Customization, like Rifts barbershop?

Well the Hutts are more into areana/blood sport style games, we might even see Arenas

What i wanna see

Podraces

-huts first game of podrace for the season

-Small warzone 12 players 4minute race

-using all professions to create Podrace parts to customise

-Only thing you can buy from Cartel Coins are colour designs