Rise of the Hutt Cartel: Thoughts?

Beniboybling

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it's about time those dreadmasters meet their doom. I can't wait to put them down as my juggernaut, should be epic!

No doubt about that. I would like to see a combined operation where both factions cooperate to take them out. That would be epic.

No doubt about that. I would like to see a combined operation where both factions cooperate to take them out. That would be epic.

but is that really star wars. a big part of why ALL my friend quit minus one is that the game was no longer about fighting between the republic and the empire, but over third party factions that most of us would rather have bombarded from space.

Edited by Mawduce

Given the right incentive, both factions would have to work together. It's something I would like to see. Seems like something they would do with the Emperor, though.

hardly, this isnt the universe your looking for. although i will say i think bioware would do it with the way the game is going. its why i canceled my sub. Till i see star WARS, im out.

I, for one, could not be happier about the Rise of the Hutt Cartel.

The criminal underworld has always been a big part of Star Wars. It started with Tatooine, Han, Greedo, and Jabba. Then we heard about Nar Shaddaa, and saw the underworld of Coruscant. Needless to say, the underworld is a vital part of the Star Wars universe.

I am an RPer, and about 90% of my characters are in the underworld. So I may be a bit biased when I say that I am incredibly glad that the hutts are getting more attention.

The Rise of the Hutt Cartel will put the longest-surviving empire of all time (I think....) in a well deserved spotlight.

hardly, this isnt the universe your looking for. although i will say i think bioware would do it with the way the game is going. its why i canceled my sub. Till i see star WARS, im out.

You are right about that. However, look at Abeloth. Luke teamed up with the Lost Tribe to fight Abeloth, but was betrayed. Should the Dread Masters pose a large enough threat (not on the scale of Abeloth of course), such a thing would not be out of the realm of possibility.

Thinking on it more, I would have to agree that such a thing shouldn't happen. But who are we to decide what should and should not happen.

You are right about that. However, look at Abeloth. Luke teamed up with the Lost Tribe to fight Abeloth, but was betrayed. Should the Dread Masters pose a large enough threat (not on the scale of Abeloth of course), such a thing would not be out of the realm of possibility.

Thinking on it more, I would have to agree that such a thing shouldn't happen. But who are we to decide what should and should not happen.

You're on to something!! It would be awesome if we got to team up with the Imps in TOR!

^^^^ Bioware; look at this! ^^^^^^

the costumers

the costumers

I think your taking your liberties as a customer a bit too far. We are paying to play the game, yes. But we aren't in charge of what happens in the story.

You're on to something!! It would be awesome if we got to team up with the Imps in TOR!

^^^^ Bioware; look at this! ^^^^^^

If we look at the Dread Masters, we see that they pose a threat. From what I know of the operations, they have done a lot of damage. They have the potential to do more. If the threat they pose is capable of threatening both sides, they would have to come to some sort of accord. Or at least make a cease-fire until the Dread Masters are taken care.

It would be possible, but I see the Empire taking care of them. They need a victory after Annihilation. Too bad it would be against themselves :p

I'm looking forward to a new level cap. I have about 5 level 50's I can level to 55 and enjoy this content with.

Plus a new planet, and possibly higher gear. Only makes sense since a lot of us already have the highest tier of level 50 gear we can get. I look forward to see new gear drops from the new expansion.

My guess is they will also release the new Cathar race. I probably won't level as a Cathar, but it will be nice to see new races in FP's, Ops and pvp as well as around the fleet in general.

Lastly, I hope they have added some fixes for issues that have plagued users since the start of the game.

All in all, I'm looking forward to this with great optimism.

I'm looking forward to a new level cap. I have about 5 level 50's I can level to 55 and enjoy this content with.

Plus a new planet, and possibly higher gear. Only makes sense since a lot of us already have the highest tier of level 50 gear we can get. I look forward to see new gear drops from the new expansion.

My guess is they will also release the new Cathar race. I probably won't level as a Cathar, but it will be nice to see new races in FP's, Ops and pvp as well as around the fleet in general.

Lastly, I hope they have added some fixes for issues that have plagued users since the start of the game.

All in all, I'm looking forward to this with great optimism.

I think Cathar would be nice, but they probalbly would have mentioned that if they were doing something as big as a whole new species. But who knows.

Anyone else think this will upset PvP balances?

I must say I am concerned... well more intrigued as I'm sure Bioware will work it out. But what do you think will happen to endgame as a whole? Seeing as there's a new endgame now. I'm new to MMO's so I'm not sure how expansions usually work - anyone know?

I'm a subscriber but got a little question..

Does anyone know how this would work for a F2P player? Do you HAVE to purchase the expansion in order to continue playing the game?

Or does it just limit your level to 50 and not let you go to Makeb for example?

I don't mind it focussing on Hutts to be honest, I have played dual faction games in the past and they always end up better when the 2 factions start working together against a common enemy, even if that isn't great for the lore.

BUT, I do object to the skipping of class quests, which is the biggest pull in my opinion and the only thing I really enjoy while levelling up. So as it stands I will not be buying this pack, even though it is good value it just doesn't appeal to me. I also fear that the jan 7 deadline for the pre-order bonus is a snare to get the fanboys buying before they realise that there just isn't that much content in the pack.

I definedtly will not preorder. Not without more info. We know it is a new planet, 5 levels and a generic faction story and planet story. That´s it. I know 10 buck isn´t much for an expansion, but then again this isn´t much of an expansion. We dont know if we will get some sort of talent rebuild. We dont know if there will be more FP´s and OP´s. With the info we got is sounds more like a content patch than an expansion.

Maybe the current FP´s and OP´s will get redone to level 55, and all we get are a planet and some hard mode quests on that planet. We just dont know. For me this isn´t worth a preorder. I might get it, i havent realy decided yet. I´m still in two minds about continuing my sub. I´ve played most of the story, only a bit of imp side story missing, and with no story swtor isn´t better than loads of other mmo´s.

If this hadn´t been starwars themed swtor would never have sold so well, and the subs would have dropped even faster. That´s how i feel anyways. I would have quit my sub long ago if it hadn´t been for the star wars thing.

I definedtly will not preorder. Not without more info. We know it is a new planet, 5 levels and a generic faction story and planet story. That´s it. I know 10 buck isn´t much for an expansion, but then again this isn´t much of an expansion. We dont know if we will get some sort of talent rebuild. We dont know if there will be more FP´s and OP´s. With the info we got is sounds more like a content patch than an expansion.

Maybe the current FP´s and OP´s will get redone to level 55, and all we get are a planet and some hard mode quests on that planet. We just dont know. For me this isn´t worth a preorder. I might get it, i havent realy decided yet. I´m still in two minds about continuing my sub. I´ve played most of the story, only a bit of imp side story missing, and with no story swtor isn´t better than loads of other mmo´s.

If this hadn´t been starwars themed swtor would never have sold so well, and the subs would have dropped even faster. That´s how i feel anyways. I would have quit my sub long ago if it hadn´t been for the star wars thing.

Well, when I purchased this game I bought the whole package - all future content included. I plan to experience every aspect of this game anyway I can, and for only £6 I see no reason not to give this a go. Heck its like reading a saga, once you've read a couple of the books you kinda owe it to the author to read the lot, even if you don't like it that much. I for one am determined to see this story through.

EDIT: I'd also really consider buying this expansion just to experience Makeb. BioWare are getting more and more creative with every new world/area they produce, and are getting better and better at doing it. Their learning from their mistakes and trying out new things. I wouldn't be surprised if Makeb is a breathtaking and exciting planet, that knocks those before it out of the park.

Edited by Beniboybling

I must say I am concerned... well more intrigued as I'm sure Bioware will work it out. But what do you think will happen to endgame as a whole? Seeing as there's a new endgame now. I'm new to MMO's so I'm not sure how expansions usually work - anyone know?

Expansions are typically a miniature version of the original game. You get a shortened leveling experience with new dungeons/FPs and new areas with new missions. By the time you get to the new cap, the FP/quest gear is on par with or better than anything at the endgame of the old level cap, which is commonly called a gear reset. Talent trees get expanded as you have more points to place into them. There's 1-3 new abilities per class available from the trainer. The endgame starts over with one or two new level appropriate Ops and several more HM FPs. Basically, think of it as starting a toon on Voss and not having EC or TFB once you hit 50.

Expansions are typically a miniature version of the original game. You get a shortened leveling experience with new dungeons/FPs and new areas with new missions. By the time you get to the new cap, the FP/quest gear is on par with or better than anything at the endgame of the old level cap, which is commonly called a gear reset. Talent trees get expanded as you have more points to place into them. There's 1-3 new abilities per class available from the trainer. The endgame starts over with one or two new level appropriate Ops and several more HM FPs. Basically, think of it as starting a toon on Voss and not having EC or TFB once you hit 50.

Interesting, any common negatives to expansions?

It seems promising, already preordered! With Karagga dead and a power vacuum in his place, it seems like a perfect place for a group of warring Hutts to send daring adventurers on side quests! I just wonder how they are going to make patrolling Hutt mobs challenging to avoid....