Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Will there be a CE for the upcoming expansion?

hunterraaze

For the upcoming expansion, will there be a CE (collectors edition)? Would really like to know before I preorder it. I bought the CE of the base game, and would love (if they make one) of the upcoming expansion. WoW has made CE's for their expansions, so hopefully there will be one for this games, as well.

As the game is now a F2P game you prob won't see big box CE editions of the xpacs. Most F2P games just do the digital thing. People have to get use to this change. the game was a traditional sub game, but even though they still have a sub, they are following what games that are F2P do with the cash shop and the xpacs.

I really wish people would stop calling this an expansion. There will be less content in this "expansion" than a .1 patch after a REAL expansion from Blizzard or Trion.

Open your eyes.

all fanbois are miraluka, in their minds it will be the best 'expansion' known to man.

How about they will release the content promised to the original game CE owners before they make another one? Besides good lot already pre-ordered the expansion pack. It's going to be nothing like the ones in WoW which were massive in scale.

While this subject makes me :rolleyes:, I have to admire you for sticking to it. You have tenacity.

Personally I wish that they would delay this "expansion" add a lot more content to it and release it as a boxed edition with a CE later in the year, possibly late summer or autumn. But it's EA so they won't which is really disappointing to me because I love boxed editions of PC games and especially Collector's Editions. Edited by Jzimmer

Just because they are doing digital, doesn't mean they cant do a CE. Its what most refer to as a "Digital Deluxe Edition" and I would like to think that if they do this (offering some in game pet/fluff, ect) that all that pre-order either get a free upgrade to it or at least an option to spend more for it. Please BIOWARE respond and let us know if there will be a Digital Deluxe Edition, as I would be pre-ordering that one.

Its a $10 expansion...I don't think they would do a CE for that.. I'd wager, that they would do one for a much bigger expansion though.

agreed, this is actualy a sign of something I've been predicting for awhile. what I've refered to as "micro-expansions" as opposed to a giant expansion that costs 30 bucks. I've been predicting smaller, digetal only expasnions for about 10 bucks for a while now.

I'd much rather see smaller expansions every 6 months to a year rather than one large expansion every two years. On top of that we get free major updates every 6 weeks. As for physical copies and CE's...I'd much rather see them add stuff for original CE owners when they release DLC rather than the WoW habit of CE's for every single expansion.

Digital only can come out faster because EA isn't waiting for their box manufacturer to produce boxes, their CD/DvD manufacturers to copy disks (which will then require an update to add in all the stuff they fixed/changed since they shipped the final copy to the burners) and shipping companies to get the product to distribution centers who then get the product to physical stores or secondary shippers. I prefer DLC just because I know I'll get it faster and won't have to pay for anything except the content itself.

For the upcoming expansion, will there be a CE (collectors edition)? Would really like to know before I preorder it. I bought the CE of the base game, and would love (if they make one) of the upcoming expansion. WoW has made CE's for their expansions, so hopefully there will be one for this games, as well.

With everything that was promised with the First CE (the vendor) why in the **** would you bother getting another one?

You can view that bleeped out word in bold and underline as well because it should be heavily emphasized.

all fanbois are miraluka, in their minds it will be the best 'expansion' known to man.

Sounds like those fanbois of GW2 and Tera. Supposed to be the "new" mmo and revolutionize the mmo industry with ground breaking things never seen before.

FAILED bad.

I prefer DLC just because I know I'll get it faster and won't have to pay for anything except the content itself.
...and I prefer boxed expansions and time cards because I can pay for them with CASH. I don't have to link an account to a credit card (which I don't have) or a bank account (which I don't have either).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.