Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

So much for not charging subs for Makeb

Lucyfer_Infinity

the other thing in pvp reform.. Take a look at doing some RVR and open world objectives. ( which they suppose to be adding some to Makeb)

PvP has the issue of Resolve, it simply doesn't work - stunned to death is more common in SWTOR than any MMORPG I've ever played. It is simply not fit for purpose, and needs to be replaced with something that actually works (like immunity timers from WAR).

RvR..... hmm...... we'll have to see how Ilum goes, but the orginal Ilum was terrible, it made Alterac Valley look amazing and was probably the worse "RvR" I've ever seen in an MMORPG (or MMOFPS).

However the big problem is even if they DO redesign something that is good, form and functionality-wise, they still have to get past the engine, which really struggle with more than 40 people fighting in one area. Never mind the 400v400 you'd get in one RvR basin in WARs prime. The engine might not even beable to handle a perfect Alterac Valley copy (which was the reason they seriously reduced the maximum number of players in WZs in Beta).

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is this thread still alive when the facts are so very clear?

At first, it was said that Makeb would probably be free for subs.

Then, nearing F2P, it was said that regular content updates would be free for subs. This was proven to be correct when we received a new raid tier and Section X as well as a companion for free.

Then, it was very clearly communicated, multiple times, that the cost of Makeb was still under discussion and that it could cost money even for subs.

Now, it was announced it will cost for subs, though at a discount compared to F2P.

What I don't see.. is how this can be considered 'lying to your customer'?

Lets put it this way:

At first, your friend said he wanted to have a drink with you next month.

Then, nearing the actual date, he said that he might not be able to come because his mother is sick in the hospital.

Then, a few days before, he said he probably would not come because she only got more and more ill.

Now, the night of drinking has come and he has not arrived.

Would you be pissed off at your friend because a month ago, when things were completely different for him, he said he wanted to have a drink with you?

If you would, than you are the problem and not your friend.

If you are as pissed off as some people are in this thread about this timeline of communication than it is, again, you that are the problem and not Bioware/EA.

I refer to non-Yahtzee quote in my sig and leave this thread.

I was told ranked WZ were going to be in patch 1.2. Tried it out on the PTR. Hours before 1.2 was to be released Ranked War-zones were pulled and I was told there were going to be rebalanced. They weren't Shortly after this I was told Makeb was a patch, Two months later I was told Makeb might be charged for. Now I know I am being charged for it, But it somehow magical grown from a large patch to and expansion. If you don't see the pattern here you are purposely being obtuse.

Actually.. I think that is your personal outrage ;-) And I am also still not convinced it never will be. Even the FAQ language suggest that this offer now is merely for the early access and not the only way to get the actual expansion.

Where have you seen this confirmation that it will not be available in Cash Shop once it is actually launched? Because I actually believe DarthHater datamined a Cartel Store item to buy Makeb similar to the SecX item.

No, there's more than a few people, pretty much anyone that has played another Freemium MMORPG in fact. :)

But it's a double blow, because not only is Makeb now NOT free for subscribers, but they have to pay for it twice effectively.

People have said "save your CC for content", but it seems Cashshop coins are worthless in this context.

Again this is nickle and diming/gouging of the worst sort.

F2P has to be cash incentervised for F2Pers, but gouging your subscribers WHO ARE PAYING for the game in a regular and consistant manner is just plain greedy. :mad:

---- edit ---- nvm, found the thread with the Bioware post. Shame to hear that really. So people that were saving Cartel Coins for the Expacs are being screwed over. This is something I also do not agree with.

Yes it is appalling IMO. :(

Edited by Goretzu

I recall only thing being said is free, for subscribers, were content updates. Not expansions, though they are sort of a content update hence the mistake by most.

I also cannot understand why Makeb expansion costs so little when compared with individual cartel market armor sets... Newest sets are nearly half more expensive - so I don't know why the outcry about expansion. It will bring an entire planet, fully voices stories and new armor sets itself.

Fast forward to the 5 minute mark when he says...

We're talking about makeb, that sounds like a big piece of content..."

" Well I think, it's the biggest non-expansion pack piece of content that any MMO has ever released at one time. It's a whole planet! I've never heard of something like that being released except in something like an expansion pack. It shows how much we really care about our fans. "

"Now that's a bold statement. Some games have released some pretty big free updates, like EVE has some pretty big kinda free content updates. Is it really that big?"

"It's a whole planet!"

Edited by Suzina

Too many cry babies on here!! its new content people, who cares about having to pay a little money for it. It's the price of a pack of cigarettes (UK) and it supports the game which we play and enjoy (well most of us)

Why do people always expect bioware to work for days/months on new content then hand it out for free? if people aren't happy then don't buy it, or better yet leave as I like many people am sick of all this crying.

You two will continue being drones for the rest of your lives. You're missing the point. It's not the amount of money that matters.

A drone?

Haha you got it all wrong. I gladly pay for my entertainment if I really have a good time and with ToR I do :tran_grin:

Makeb was originally supposed to be free but the game itself was originally supposed to cost 15$ a month to play it. Evidently things change.

Yes there are lots of things that used to be in a way that are not.

Lets be happy that we actually get a new planet to play on and in the future a new spieces to have fun with.

Now.....if they only added more characterslots.....waaaaah gimme more characterslots :csw_jabbapet:

yes lets charge for all new content outside of subscription, hell all subscription is at the end of the day is a cheaper pass to warzones, flashpoints and operations, why should anyone get content for there subscription from this point on.

/sarcasmn off.

Edited by Shingara

Jeff Hickman needs to go, and no I didn't just love your stupid *** life day junk and speeder. It was the ugliest pile of trash I've ever seen. I wish people like this would get what they deserved. Go sell cars damnit, stop ruining my video games!!!!

the guy has done nothing but kill games, he must be a really good bull******* to still be working in the industry

The Nerve ! The Gall ! The Moxy ! Why for $10 I could buy 1/6 of a tank of gas! I could almost get lunch! I could rent a movie! I could add $60 to that $10 bucks and buy any other new video game! And Bioware expects me, ME to spend $10 on something that im only going to enjoy for Several Months?!?

*Shakes fist at bioware*

How dare you sirs......how dare you -.-

Are most players really poor or something? I went out for a meal last night - treated my gf. I spent £80 ($140).

Let this one meal put things in to perspective. We pay a few quid a month for dozens of hours of fun - not unreasonable in my book.

Give it a rest guys. Makeb costs the same as a double whopper with cheese

Edited by Ishagu

The Nerve ! The Gall ! The Moxy ! Why for $10 I could buy 1/6 of a tank of gas! I could almost get lunch! I could rent a movie! I could add $60 to that $10 bucks and buy any other new video game! And Bioware expects me, ME to spend $10 on something that im only going to enjoy for Several Months?!?

*Shakes fist at bioware*

Hehehe... Indeed I've been saying the same thing quite a few times in other posts but not as effectively as you did here... Nice job!

*Shakes fist at bioware*

Shame ~ ! SHAME ! A pox on them for this travesty !

I say we march at dawn.... http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_PnT6fOkhWyg/TCtKWJsnoCI/AAAAAAAADkc/Ia8-tVDo2RE/s1600/45406_3JP2-wi-he-re1-x0-y0-sw-sh-ro-final.jpg

I ordered it because it's 10 bucks. If and when we get more info on it and I don't like what I see. I'll ask for a refund. If they don't give me one. I'll still play it and then quit after I'm done with it. 10 bucks for a few hours of entertainment is something. Edited by spectreclees

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.