Game XY is bad = it's ok for SWTOR to be bad too.

Nezrathor

You and I must be playing differant games, this game has TONS of Major problems

Could you point some out please, i can point out 4 game breaking bugs that encountered on a supposedly robust MMO that has been out for the past 7 years, yet i don't see them doing anything about them either. I have logs i can post as well if you so wish.

Browsing through various threads, I see a recurring excuse for some of TOR's shortcomings. One example...

Somebody criticizes the character creator and not 1 minute later a defender storms in with something like "Game XY has a worse character creator".

My question, how does it matter? What kind of logic is that? Game XY is even worse in that regards, therefore this one is good? I don't get it.

It makes no sense really, maybe it is just to point out that it good be worse? But too be honest I'm just taking shots in the dark.

(Off topic in 3..2..1)

While TOR is, in my opinion, a good game. Its never going to be perfect, nothing is. You've just got to accept the game for its fault

Browsing through various threads, I see a recurring excuse for some of TOR's shortcomings. One example...

Somebody criticizes the character creator and not 1 minute later a defender storms in with something like "Game XY has a worse character creator".

My question, how does it matter? What kind of logic is that? Game XY is even worse in that regards, therefore this one is good? I don't get it.

I agree with you: I don´t think that kind of logic really adds up. But I also think that a lot of people really doesn´t care much for some features.

Using your example: the character creator is too shallow. You´re probably right, but it really isn´t such a big deal for some people (me included). Could it be better? Sure, but it wouldn´t change my appreciation for the game. So, when some people tell you "WoW´s character creator was worse", maybe what they are trying to say is "WoW´s character creator was worse, but I didn´t care back then, so I don´t care now either".

That´s just me trying to understand the logic you are pointing out. Otherwise, I agree with you regarding that logic not being very logical.

Then maybe you should develop your own game with everything you like in it then you wouldn't have to worry about these types of things in future.

I think it's time to move on to more interesting threads...

Amazing how the kids in every single community always fall back on this same, tired old argument when confronted with their own inability to discuss something intelligently.

Amazing how the kids in every single community always fall back on this same, tired old argument when confronted with their own inability to discuss something intelligently.

Yes, it's quite ridiculous, really. Just ignore the people using that faulty logic and move on.

Next time I create a character for this game, I am going to look at the back of their head down to their butt. Thats what I see most the time. (I've had dates that same way; I thank you.) Then it can just be a surprise when it goes to the cut scenes in the story.

Oh wait. This isn't about the character creator?

I understand what the OP is saying. "It's not that bad." is not going to convince anyone; but what you are really being told is "I don't care about that." Still. If they don't care, they should just say as much or just shut up.

I should have known it's a bad idea to create a thread here. Half don't get the point and are fixated on the character creator...

I'll give you an example that affects me. I don't like the UI, at all. Let's say somebody tells me "The UI in *insert whatever game you want* is even worse". That does not change my opinion on this one, does it? I want a good UI here in SWTOR, not in any other game I don't even play or care about.

Also, I'm pretty sure it was my intention to use "game xy" and not WoW, Rift or whatever. Best case somebody would tell me to go back to that game, worst case this turns into a VS-thread.

There will always be comparisons across brands of the same genre. Asking people not to compare things will never happen.

The UI will be updated. Devs have taken feedback on it and are working on changes either in-game or via addons. It's been stated.

I find TOR to be a very good game that is highly enjoyable. There are issues but none that are game breaking to me that can be handled with future patches/updates.

Why does it matter at all, I mean if one guy bashes it, his opinion is just that, his opinion. I found that everything in this game so far is good if not better than enough for me. So in my opinion whiners are exactly that, whiners.

The reverse could be said as well. SW:tOR doesn't have X like Y therefore its Z.