The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What would you like in a new huttball we

MindgameZ

I was just wondering as I was playing today , bioware is open to the idea of a new warzone but tbh I really don't think hypergates is all that good. As a shadow tank I would really like to see another huttball warzone. My reasons are....

1. The map really lets tanks shine.

Huttball IMO is impossible to win without a good tank if the other team has one. Unless you are a knight or warrior and the other team are horribads you are not getting anywhere fast. On the other hand , even in pre 50 pvp I have 17k hp in warzones on my 42 tank , so all I have to do is rotate my short term defense buffs and make use of stims and my Kb And I'm unstoppable.

2. It's the only real forced objective based warzone.

While some may think this is not true it is. In alderan , nolvare , and void star there are always bads that think it is just a big deathmatch and will try to be a loan Rambo and kill everything they see * eh em marauders em* but in huttball even attacking the ball handler is helping the team and its hard to go out of your way just to avoid him.

3. It takes a functional team

Like the first reason huttball takes a balance of everything in a team. Dps to burn the handler , tanks to run the ball , and healers to keep the tank up. Other maps again IMO don't have this element.

That's my 2 cents what would everyone else like to see in a new huttball

yes, more huttball please.

I have been playing with the idea of a 5 level huttball map with 2 or 3 elevators that are constantly in motion. There are the usual traps/whatnot, in addition to holes on each level for passing/attacking through. One elevator (or two, if three elevators are impemented) would move slowly, while the other moves quickly. Yeah, it's a little convoluted, and the HERP engine probably couldn't handle it, but it sure would be different. Nice, even.

Alternatively, I propose a two-node defense/survival WZ where the captured nodes spawn NPC reinforcements/bots.

Admittedly, I haven't played many other MMOs and I don't know if I am kicking a dead horse here.

yes, more huttball please.

I have been playing with the idea of a 5 level huttball map with 2 or 3 elevators that are constantly in motion. There are the usual traps/whatnot, in addition to holes on each level for passing/attacking through. One elevator (or two, if three elevators are impemented) would move slowly, while the other moves quickly. Yeah, it's a little convoluted, and the HERP engine probably couldn't handle it, but it sure would be different. Nice, even.

Alternatively, I propose a two-node defense/survival WZ where the captured nodes spawn NPC reinforcements/bots.

Admittedly, I haven't played many other MMOs and I don't know if I am kicking a dead horse here.

That map would probably kill the rest of the pvp in this game. Finally make it up to your top level and pushed off to your death every spawn. Too much cc in this game for maps like that. Just creates more hair pulling situations in swtor's chaotic pvp

That map would probably kill the rest of the pvp in this game. Finally make it up to your top level and pushed off to your death every spawn. Too much cc in this game for maps like that. Just creates more hair pulling situations in swtor's chaotic pvp

You play a a dps don't you?:rolleyes:

I posted an idea in another thread.

What about a more vertical huttball map with the ball at the bottom and you have to reach the top to score? There's so much strategy that would go into this. Tanking at the bottom - oh by the way 6 burstrunning sorcs couldn't win it just by running free...

The DPS would control the flow and strategically placed healers would control the DPS.

Nevermind the traps, Don't forget about falling damage from knockbacks... The PT enemy pull ability would come into play just as magnificently as the sorc friendly pull.

I dunno - troll away.

edit, looks like aboB beat me to it, except for the elevator bit which I'm not following.

Edited by Hadyn

What about a more vertical huttball map with the ball at the bottom and you have to reach the top to score? There's so much strategy that would go into this. Tanking at the bottom - oh by the way 6 burstrunning sorcs couldn't win it just by running free...

The DPS would control the flow and strategically placed healers would control the DPS.

Nevermind the traps, Don't forget about falling damage from knockbacks... The PT enemy pull ability would come into play just as magnificently as the sorc friendly pull.

I dunno - troll away.

edit, looks like aboB beat me to it, except for the elevator bit which I'm not following.

I'm thinking purely vertical, like a building.... After re-reading your post, do think you mean to have a " V " shaped WZ, with endzones at the "tops/ends?" Like playing in a valley? I don't think I am following your idea that well, either, but I like how we both somehow thought horizontal maps:p

Edit: I think I get it now.

My Idea: (underscores represent a level/foor. Height between floors.....15m?)

_<--------Rotworms Goal

_<----------------------------traps,holes, tactical floor

_<-----ball spawns here

_<---------Frogdogs Goal

Your Idea?

_<---------GOAL (both rotworm and frogdog)

_<-------traps and stuff?

_<-----I don't know how many levels you were going for, or if this is even remotely close to what you were thinking

_<----Ball spawn?

Edited by AboB

You play a a dps don't you?:rolleyes:

Nope I play a healer. Doesn't matter though. BW needs to get away from cc dominating maps. A you can see by the subscribers that they are not working out well for them. Every other post is a complaint about cc/resolve and maps like huttball makes these terrible pvp mechanics stick out like a ****** in church. They would be crazy to add another huttball style wz. But then again..up to this point I don't think they have a clue that their pvp is declining.

Take out random map queues and they can make what ever wz they want. Just don't force people to play annoying wzs.

Yeah, I like the two balls idea.

However, the crazy things like vertical warzone and moving elevators and more traps... NO. Huttball, as it is, strongly favours certain classes over the others - in that vertical/elevator thing, what would a Concealment Operative do, for example? No knockback, no leap... The friendly pull would be even more useful than it is now and Guardians/Juggernauts would just lolleap to everything while the rest watches mournfully from down.

Edited by Siorac

I was just wondering as I was playing today , bioware is open to the idea of a new warzone but tbh I really don't think hypergates is all that good. As a shadow tank I would really like to see another huttball warzone.

Ha wow. That's a surprise. A tank assassin, which smash aside, is easily the most overpowered and unbalanced class choice available in the game wants another Huttball which is amazingly biased in play style to inquisitors/consulars and BH/Troopers.

Yes please, make another huttball so I can be endlessly pulled across the map into acid pits and fire traps, or can spend 20 minutes running around in circles trying to get onto the correct platform just to be instantly knocked off it while I watch a team full of inquis/consulars force speed their way to victory.

If another Huttball was added I'd want to see a drastic redesign of the map layout, which is highly unlikely.

As far as Hypergate goes, it's spot on. The only real class advantage is having healers, which is how it should be in an MMO.

I'm thinking purely vertical, like a building.... After re-reading your post, do think you mean to have a " V " shaped WZ, with endzones at the "tops/ends?" Like playing in a valley? I don't think I am following your idea that well, either, but I like how we both somehow thought horizontal maps:p

_<--------Rotworms Goal

_<-----ball spawns here

_<---------Frogdogs Goal

Your Idea?

_<-----I don't know how many levels you were going for, or if this is even remotely close to what you were thinking

_<----Ball spawn?

Not a V, I was also thinking pure vertical like you, but instead of elevators, you have to jump to the next tier or run up a set of stairs that could be controlled. Otherwise, you got it right. You can't really have one goal at the bottom because falling is WAY easier than jumping onto ledges.

Having the ball spawn at the bottom in an easy to-get-to spot would make it a melee free-for-all with a sniper/BH surrounding that makes controlling mid in the current huttball so great.

I dunno - troll away.

_<--------Rotworms Goal

_<-----ball spawns here

_<---------Frogdogs Goal

Your Idea?

_<----Ball spawn?

Not a V, I was also thinking pure vertical like you, but instead of elevators, you have to jump to the next tier or run up a set of stairs that could be controlled. Otherwise, you got it right. You can't really have one goal at the bottom because falling is WAY easier than jumping onto ledges.

Having the ball spawn at the bottom in an easy to-get-to spot would make it a melee free-for-all with a sniper/BH surrounding that makes controlling mid in the current huttball so great.

Yeah, that truly was something that I had overlooked.... but is very true. Holes in the levels for passing through/pushing people into/shooting through would be crazy intense... would be fun.