Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

A very good Premade Group Composition

Shadowsite

Hey dudes I'm here to tell you about a very good Premade Comp that I've tried and it works real well.

First off you need a Combat Sentinel/ Carnage Marauder that has Focused Pursuit/Unbound this helps you get to nodes/Ball/doors faster which is incredibely important. Then you also need a Gunslinger/Sniper (They should be Sharpshooter/Marksman or Lethality/Dirty Fighting spec I find that DF/Lethality works better) to provide ranged DPS which really helps support the sentinel and the tank, the tank role should be represented by a VG/PT or a Shdow/Sin as they are the most viable tanks for this composition, Jugg/Guard tanks are redundant for this composition. The healer can be represented by a Comm/Merc or an Op/Scound the reason Sage/Sorcs aren't viable for this composition is because of their surprising squishyness and lack of survival CD's and as the Jugg/Guards aren't the to intervene them and peel for 'em they are redundant for this comp. The Op/Scounds have Stealth, Vanish and Instant heals which factor into their Survivability. Comm/Merc have shields, good utility due to Jet Boost and Pulse detonator (or whatever it's called) and and a powerful HoT. Hope you guys try this Comp out and like it.

Edited by Shadowsite

I always wanted 2 tankasin (with dps gear), 4 sin dps, 2 op healz

you can't jump to what you cannot see... but I'm in pve guild.[/quote

DPS sins are a part of a Huttball RWZ comp called "Smashball" that I've come up with. This Comp is luck based since it's really only viable in Huttball it's very questionable. It's basically one Jugg/Guard tank 1 Op heals 1 Sorc heals, 1 Deception Sin/Infil Shadow (there to harass healers which they are very good at) and then 4 Rage Juggs/Focus Guards. Very effective in Huttball and Huttball ONLY!

Edited by Shadowsite

23/1/17 Shadow

Guardian Tank

Focus Guardian

Assault Vanguard

Infil Shadow / Comabt Sent.

MM Gunslinger / Combat Sent.

Scoundrel Healer

Commando Medic / Sage Bubble stun hybrid

- You could probably switch one of the DPS with the Bubble guy if you felt it necessary.

- Everyone should have Field Respec (Except Commando, no other spec that's really useful). And should be using it in between rounds of VS to switch from high DPS offense to more survivable specs for defense.

- You only need one combat Sent. but I suppose you could switch either one of those DPS out for one. Depends on the ability of the players I suppose.

- You would be at a lose for range DPS if you lost the GS but the Hybrid Sage could partially make up for it as long as your Tanks kept him safe. Shouldn't be too hard as Commandos can survive on their own without tank support a little bit easier than a Sage can.

- All the DPS except the Sent and GS have taunts so damage all around should be mitigated pretty well.

Edited by Capt_Beers

Interesting, OP. I assume by 4 man combo's you're talking about unranked. I really don't die as much as you might think. Pretty much takes multiples focusing on me and for a fair bit of time.

If I'm 4 man queued with DPSers, I switch to bubble stun/healing and let me tell you that works fairly well too!

To be honest I didn't understand the point of your post... xD

Personally I think PT tanks are the worst tanks for PvP as are Merc healers the worst healers for PvP. I wouldn't want either on my rated team...

So please give us cross server because I'd love to face that team. :D

DPS sins are a part of a Huttball RWZ comp called "Smashball" that I've come up with. This Comp is luck based since it's really only viable in Huttball it's very questionable. It's basically one Jugg/Guard tank 1 Op heals 1 Sorc heals, 1 Deception Sin/Infil Shadow (there to harass healers which they are very good at) and then 4 Rage Juggs/Focus Guards. Very effective in Huttball and Huttball ONLY!

I've been playing around with the sin idea too and while it was just for fun I can't let go of the idea that it would actually work on other warzones too. I just don't see how 6 assassins along with 2 ops healers, or perhaps even 5/3, wouldnt be viable. In a worst case scenario they should atleast be able to prevent the other team from getting a node.

Not saying that it would work but it would have been interesting to see in action. The main problem with the idea is that there arent that many great assassins out there. I can only think of 4 on my server right now and one of them is probably significally better than the other 3.

Personally I think PT tanks are the worst tanks for PvP as are Merc healers the worst healers for PvP. I wouldn't want either on my rated team...

Mercs are real good healers in PvP. Or at least on my server the Mercs are really skilled and well-geared. And in my expierience PT's are one of the best tanks for PvP because their DMG debuff on other targets. And the thing with PT's are not for Rated, it's a Premade. I've only posted one Rated team and that's the Smashball team (which is only effective in huttball)

I've been playing around with the sin idea too and while it was just for fun I can't let go of the idea that it would actually work on other warzones too. I just don't see how 6 assassins along with 2 ops healers, or perhaps even 5/3, wouldnt be viable. In a worst case scenario they should atleast be able to prevent the other team from getting a node.

Not saying that it would work but it would have been interesting to see in action. The main problem with the idea is that there arent that many great assassins out there. I can only think of 4 on my server right now and one of them is probably significally better than the other 3.

I never said it wasn't viable, infact it's very viable. I was just explainig the RWZ comp, that only works in Huttball because of the high amount of lolsmashers that can also leap, which makes them good peelers for the Jugg tank Ball handler. But yes 6 sins and 2 Op heals is also a viable comp. Allthough I'd say the lack of a tank is undoubtedly a weakness in WZ's like Huttball it should work well in CW and VS. I'm not sure about NC and AHG though...

This is a pretty lackluster premade.

No cheesebubbles.

No rescue or intervene.

Minimal aoe.

Your premade would have a decent chance of losing to a full pug if the pugs were at least halfway decent and had those things. And you would have no chance against a premade with them on a huttball map.

Pt tanks are the best tanks for pvp. I will agree with you in regards to the merc healer though.

I'm going to have to disagree about merc healers. They are very good healers in pvp and I'd rather have them than sorc (aoe heals,.. I would still take bubble spec as a necessity). Personally, I think merc/commando's are getting a bad rapport because of people playing arsenal/gunnery and playing it like a sniper and standing instead of kiting.

2 Healer Operatives and 2 Marauders works very nicely to

:). Or 2 Healing Operatives and 2 Mercs.

Sod Hutball,lol, just get into a real fight with the above teams.

Although 6-0 in Hutball against a so called hard Premade with the Marauders giving speed run buffs, etc, etc, works a treat, same goes for Voidster.

Civ War and Novere Coast, 2 operative healers and 2 Mercs, works even better :p, as the Merc is then able to unleash its true firepower, as they now have the time to lay down 500-700k damage thanks to the heavy heals the Operative can lay down, far superior composition than Sorcer healers, soz but it is true :).

It also depends on whether of course you group with the same people, which in all honesty is the key to the ultimate premade that gains more wins than losses.

Or for taking the michael, just have JackDaniels (To name just one) from Infinite Darkness and 2 Operative Healers to basically win pretty much any WZ,lol, regardless of who you have in your group, also works a treat so to speak.

Cheers

Fat

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.