Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Snow Mobile with Colored Lights?

Klarick

Wait, was this the mount that we "could not believe until we seen it"? A snow mobile -- in Star Wars? Huh?

Of all the MMO's I have played, this is easily the most ridiculous contraption I have ever seen -- absolutely the worst designed mount I could have imagined. However, you are right, "I can't believe it".

This whole Life day thing has been nothing but one huge P.R. failure for this game. Then the ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY -- and you hand out a few Fire Works? Wow -- just wow.

Would you PLEASE stop killing the game with one poor decision after another? It is becoming embarrasing to tell people that I actually play SWTOR -- Yeah, it's getting that bad.

Edited by Klarick

Wait, was this the mount that we "could not believe until we seen it"? A snow mobile -- in Star Wars? Huh?

Of all the MMO's I have played, this is easily the most ridiculous contraption I have ever seen -- absolutely the worst designed mount I could have imagined. However, you are right, "I can't believe it".

This whole Life day thing has been nothing but one huge P.R. failure for this game. Then the ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY -- and you hand out a few Fire Works? Wow -- just wow.

Would you PLEASE stop killing the game with one poor decision after another? It is becoming embarrasing to tell people that I actually play SWTOR -- Yeah, it's getting that bad.

Don't get mad at the remaining 10 people developing this game. :(

Your late to the party, where ya been all week?

Seen my 1st redneck speeder tonight and the guy riding it actually sounded like he was proud. To each their own I guess but to my own it totally blown away any immersion I had. What a lore breaker. It would be bad enough if the thing was only useable till New Years but I think it's a permanent part of the game now.

I can't keep slashing it's tires, burn it or cut the break lines since it's only pixels but W T F can be done? This thing is every bit as bad as flying Ewoks and fairy wings and halos from that other Star Wars game. Well, no maybe worse, at least in that other game they had events to earn stupid chit like this at no additional cost.

And the fireworks, LOL fireworks when we don't even have a planet to fire them at night. /facepalm

Hmm... I am a little tempted to get it for my smuggler, all those flashing lights would suit her just fine. But it does cost a bit too much, unless I can pick it up from GTN. We will see what happens.

Do not find the speeder much more immersion-breaking than a trooper in slave girl gear tanking. But people should play the game the way that makes them happy, it is something that I do for enjoyment and I am guessing it goes for other players as well.

Different people like different things. I would much rather bring out the fashion police for walking around on Hoth in a bikini than a speeder with lights. But to each his own. But people should play the way they wish to, what should we otherwise have, restricted gear for different planets? Walk away from the things you do not like and focus on the things that makes you happy. If I do get the speeder I hope we won't run into each other in the game. My bling-loving smuggler would love it, but I do not wish for other people to be unhappy about it.

Don't get mad at the remaining 10 people developing this game. :(

LOL. Love the comment, and probably true. Seriously though, I'm not mad, I'm just bewildered. How can a game be so disconnected from their fan-base to continue making these bad decisions? It really is unprecedented I think -- and a little sad.

I was wondering if anyone actually bought this thing. So far I haven't seen any around. It's kind of funny in a it's-so-awful-it's-funny way, kind of like the dilapidated speeder for the Chevin event. If there was actually a funny quest behind the speeder, like some poor Wookie makes it for you'd I'd find it entertaining, but not worth spending real money on. Edited by chuixupu

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.