Selling Cartel Market items to vendor

Aries_cz

• 4 weeks later...

Bioware/EA are basically shooting themselves in the foot not allowing us to sell the stuff we don't want to vendors. I'm a subscriber and spend my monthly cartel coins on the packs, I'm a little obsessed with getting a Monkey lizard for one of my characters (not going to spend my game credits on it though, think I have only had a million credits once or twice, goes to gear).

Anyway I was thinking about buying one of those combined packs the one with about 20 or 30 packs (I think they cost about $40 in cartel coins), but than quickly changed my mind because I thought about how much junk I would have left over and what if I was super unlucky and didn't get one :( (or get something I could sell on the GTN worth the same price). Now if I could sell the junk and make say 300k (that's from 30 packs, say 10k a pack) I might consider it, it wouldn't be a total waste of time and might be worth the gamble.

I've always thought this would be nice. Especially for the less desirable XP boosts and Jawagrams, it is annoying to see a value listed but then not be able to actually sell it. >.<

One problem I foresee though: this could not work with bound items. Because with the Collections system, you can generate unlimited copies of an item you have unlocked for free. These are bound, so you cannot sell them, but allowing bound CM items to be sold to a vendor even for a pittance could really mess things up.

I see no reason why unbound items (including consumables) couldn't be sold though, which would be great for all the people who get "junk" in packs that they want to unload without having to flood the GTN with dirt cheap items.

• 1 year later...

BIOWARE, My inventory is getting filled up with crap from all the money I'm spending on those hypercrates of yours, and most of the items I get are essentially worthless junk on the GTN. So what happens when both my inventory and cargo bays fill entirely?! There is stuff I like and stuff I dont like, not being able to sell Cartel Market items or even items of no value should be considered a very annoying CON of this game. You brought back the Enhanced Assailant armor, so I know you can do this too ;)

Also, if you equip a lightsaber with a CM crystal, you can still sell the saber so long as it is a non-CM hilt. Just an additional observation...

Edited by euroDSMtuner

• 3 months later...