I'm happy with 1.6!

MikeDx

I love the new space missions and the new war zone. I did not spend 1 cartel coin on the new ship upgrades. I used credits and commendations to fund two characters. I don't understand how the argument can be made by saying this game has gone to pay2win. You don't have to buy the ship upgrades with cartel coins.

I'm happy with the new WZ. I don't do space mission but Kudos on new missions and difficulty levels for those that do. I did not spend one CC on Life day fluff. Didn't need too. I did buy one of the new Cartel Packs and got a very rare item, which I may sell for a few mill or keep. Overall, 1.6 has been great. A little PvP focus is a good thing. Edited by Rafaman

Personally I really liked being able to deck out my companions with the Tionese comms and reduced prices. Some of them were really lacking in gear, and I was able to make them look cooler and be alot more effective.

Theres a couple things in the Cartel market that look interesting to me. Fluff stuff like the droid pets.

Im terrible at PvP, so not trying that....and Im going to wait a bit on the Ship parts and see what the GTN prices level out to, so havent tried the new missions yet.

I love the new space missions and the new war zone. I did not spend 1 cartel coin on the new ship upgrades. I used credits and commendations to fund two characters. I don't understand how the argument can be made by saying this game has gone to pay2win. You don't have to buy the ship upgrades with cartel coins.

Pay2Win rarely involves "real money exclusive" items

They are all usually available after an insane amount of grind, thus making them "free" for those who want it.

But having to grind something for a week just to get one of the pieces means that having them available to buy for real money is a Pay2Win strategy.

Pay2Win rarely involves "real money exclusive" items

They are all usually available after an insane amount of grind, thus making them "free" for those who want it.

But having to grind something for a week just to get one of the pieces means that having them available to buy for real money is a Pay2Win strategy.

Although Space missions are solely single player so why should I care if someone paid to get the best gear for their ship that has no impact on anything I do in the game. Now if they could by a lightsaber with best in slot mods at 50 that is another story. ;) I don't care that you can get BH comms from space missions so don't use that as an excuse. That grind in the Black Hole was horrible so adding this makes it way better.

Edited by LukeSaberRattler

The real issue IMO is three fold... all of which are being scrupulously avoided by those complaining (with the usual crab walking forum dishonesty):

1) they want stuff for free... and even though they can get stuff for free as subscribers with their free coins... they complain anyway.

2) the crafters are keester hurt about it because offering the upgrades on the cartel market interferes with their tradition of snapping up schematics and mats, and then making items and charging unreasonably high prices for the items until they become common.

3) people who already have their ships fitted, don't want anyone else doing so without grinding.. even though ship warfare is a single player minigame that at worst encourages people to actually grind it more for commendations. The irony being that the Bioware approach encourages more grinding, rather then undercuts it in the player base.

Personally, I think #2 is the bigger issue, seeing as I see more honestly about this from the crafters then the masses of the "give me for free" crowd.

/2-cents

Edited by Andryah

I have been happy since they started the 6week patches. Keep it coming i say. I have seen more content come out in the last 3 months than in the first 6 months after launch.

This with the upcoming improvements to the game engine should finally make this game look as atractive as it is, and maybe stop so much of the mindless QQ.

Edited by Nemmar

The real issue IMO is three fold... all of which are being scrupulously avoided by those complaining (with the usual crab walking forum dishonesty):

1) they want stuff for free... and even though they can get stuff for free as subscribers with their free coins... they complain anyway.

2) the crafters are keester hurt about it because offering the upgrades on the cartel market interferes with their tradition of snapping up schematics and mats, and then making items and charging unreasonably high prices for the items until they become common.

3) people who already have their ships fitted, don't want anyone else doing so without grinding.. even though ship warfare is a single player minigame that at worst encourages people to actually grind it more for commendations. The irony being that the Bioware approach encourages more grinding, rather then undercuts it in the player base.

Personally, I think #2 is the bigger issue, seeing as I see more honestly about this from the crafters then the masses of the "give me for free" crowd.

/2-cents

If you see crafters complaining honestly how are said complaints being scrupulously avoided?

I like the new War Zone a lot. There is nothing more satisfying than pushing your enemies out of the safety-zone a few seconds before the blast wave fires off and wipes them out. That never gets old!

YOU!

Though to be fair I have done my fair share of that as well

Holy crap!! A positive thread on the forums?!

Heh honestly though, I dont get what's been driving all the complaining lately. People complaining about stuff that is completely and totally fluff just makes my head spin. Not to mention they can get them with their /free/ 500 cartel coins. They just have to resist the cartel packs for a while is all, as tough as that may be.

I'm happy with everything so far. Sure some bugs here and there but those tend to get fixed pretty quickly. Nice to know this came pretty quickly after 1.5 too. Keep up the good work BW, cant wait to see what 1.7 brings!

Holy crap!! A positive thread on the forums?!

Heh honestly though, I dont get what's been driving all the complaining lately. People complaining about stuff that is completely and totally fluff just makes my head spin. Not to mention they can get them with their /free/ 500 cartel coins. They just have to resist the cartel packs for a while is all, as tough as that may be.

I'm happy with everything so far. Sure some bugs here and there but those tend to get fixed pretty quickly. Nice to know this came pretty quickly after 1.5 too. Keep up the good work BW, cant wait to see what 1.7 brings!

You can't buy the three space ship packs for $500 cartel coins. I think it was $1350. And those are certainly not fluff items. I think the new costume items are rather cool, but they're unobtainable without spending tons of money on random packs.

I think some people are just kinda blind to the fact they're getting ripped off and cheated, but if the forums are showing any indication, the people who didn't unsub already are quite happy with it.

You can't buy the three space ship packs for $500 cartel coins. I think it was $1350. And those are certainly not fluff items. I think the new costume items are rather cool, but they're unobtainable without spending tons of money on random packs.

I think some people are just kinda blind to the fact they're getting ripped off and cheated, but if the forums are showing any indication, the people who didn't unsub already are quite happy with it.

*le sigh* and there goes the good times.

True, the space stuff costs more than 500 cartel coins, but you can also get them, to the best of my knowledge, by grinding for I believe BH comms. Sure grinding isn't fun and can get tedious but, hey, its part of the game. If you dont like it, spend money for them. That's the options given to you. As for the costumes, if I felt the need to get them then, yeah, I'd say they were pretty expensive. But I /dont/ feel the need to get them so it's no big deal. Again, if you find them cool enough that you want them, then either save up a bit, spend money now, or just dont get them. It's not that hard to comprehend really. Everything that was introduced is pure fluff, except for the space stuff which you can grind for.

Honestly, how entitled do people feel about this stuff? If you dont want it, then dont spend money for it, no one is forcing you at gun point to partake in anything that was put out in 1.6. If you /do/ want it then you either spend a bit of money for it or realize you dont want to pay the price you see as too high, and you're right back where you started. The circle is now complete.

I like the new War Zone a lot. There is nothing more satisfying than pushing your enemies out of the safety-zone a few seconds before the blast wave fires off and wipes them out. That never gets old!

Ahhh =) so that's how you do it.

Will be fun to give it a try later on, might youtube it a bit so I have some idea of what you are supposed to do in it. Have actually quite looked forward to this one, but haven't had the time to try it yet.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.