The Same-Sex Romances

Lord_Sivo

Hello everyone.

Today is a Official Launch date of STAR WARS: The Old Republic :) and with this occasion I want to ask BIOWARE about same-sex romance options which they said will be available Post Launch: When we could expect patch which will make this options available?

Edited by Lord_Sivo

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone.

Today is a Official Launch date of STAR WARS: The Old Republic :) and with this occasion I want to ask BIOWARE about same-sex romance options which they said will be available Post Launch: When we could expect patch which will make this options available?

I wouldn’t look for it before the first content update, and more likely beyond the third. So, probably the content update right before the first expac is released.

I'm curious about this too, would be kinda discriminating to not enable same sex romances.

Not really. Don't get me wrong I don't mind them being put in the game but for me its one of those things they can leave until everything else is in order, starting with getting server queues sorted out.

Then you shouldn't have picked a female character to play with. Yep, i realize 99.9% of you aren't actual homosexuals in real life but would absolutely love to see two female characters get it on, you feel "discriminated" because you hate the idea of having to flirt with a male companion and npc's because it's your only choice. This topic has been made a million times already, just wait for them to release it and be patient.

Not really. Don't get me wrong I don't mind them being put in the game but for me its one of those things they can leave until everything else is in order, starting with getting server queues sorted out.

You do realize that unless Bioware has suddenly become very, very desperate for manpower, the people who deal with server queues and that sort of thing, would most definitely not be the same people working on content.

In fact, all of the bugs and issues people want fixed would be managed by people completely unrelated to those who create content.

Perhaps you may want to think before you start making silly statements like this.

EDIT: You also know that most companies bigger than say, one person, generally have the ability to work on multiple things at once, right?

Edited by ironix

Then you shouldn't have picked a female character to play with. Yep, i realize 99.9% of you aren't actual homosexuals in real life but would absolutely love to see two female characters get it on, you feel "discriminated" because you hate the idea of having to flirt with a male companion and npc's because it's your only choice. This topic has been made a million times already, just wait for them to release it and be patient.

Yep, pretty much this.

I doubt there are that many people who actually are homosexual, that cares about this, two of my friends (Both males) which are, explained to me why they are fine with straight relations in games, and why they do not see this as discriminating, in fact they pretty much do not care.

Most of the people who gets annoyed by this are guys playing females, and this kind of post "most" times (Note I didn't say ALWAYS), is just a ninja way to ask for girl on girl action.

Busted.

Oh for petes sake!

I'm with you.

Of the 101 top game content issues (the color matching option replacement, scaleable UI, Moveable UI, Macros, search function on the GTN, more warfronts, I could go on) putting more dev time into the (subjectively pathetic) romance arcs is not how I would devote the time.

I know my opinion is just mine, nobody else, I would not want to see more romance arc content till the broken/missing mmo elements are patched in.

Yep, pretty much this.

I doubt there are that many people who actually are homosexual, that cares about this, two of my friends (Both males) which are, explained to me why they are fine with straight relations in games, and why they do not see this as discriminating, in fact they pretty much do not care.

Most of the people who gets annoyed by this are guys playing females, and this kind of post "most" times (Note I didn't say ALWAYS), is just a ninja way to ask for girl on girl action.

Busted.

I understand your caveat, but I figured I'd add the fact that I am a gay guy playing a male character.

I'd love to have a male companion to romance, but in absence of that, I'll sleep with anything that offers. *winks slyly at the Governor of Balmorra*

Hello everyone.

We may never see a patch that allows same sex romances with the current sets of companions. It's likely that it will be for a future expansion as it would involve large amounts of new writing, new VO and new cut-scenes.

Prejudiced/sexist people make me sad.

Anybody that posted against this so far, is not against homosexuals, they just want the development focus on more urgent problems for now, that's all :)

I understand your caveat, but I figured I'd add the fact that I am a gay guy playing a male character.

I'd love to have a male companion to romance, but in absence of that, I'll sleep with anything that offers. *winks slyly at the Governor of Balmorra*

I find that sweet, but surely you can admit is not in the top priorities for now hm?

Edited by Black_Rabbit

Wow. That is such an offensive thing to say. Yes correct, I'm not homosexual, it's not about people wanting to get a hose in swtor because of homosexual romances, it's about the fact that you want to roleplay a version of yourself in real life, then you can. Even if YOU don't care, there are people who want this possibility.

So yes, it would be discriminating, not "discriminating".

No...

this is not in game, has been discussed a hundred times, and each time it was rejected. Please search the forum, if you got time to post about this, then you got time to look into the older posts.

It hasn't been rejected, it's confirmed as a post launch feature.

Read about it HERE.

Edited by Mandrax

Dont care long as its OPTIONAL and Pazzaak, Swoop Racing, Holo Chess, Pit Fighting, and other cantina games are added to game first before all the optional minority want patchs.

Personally If I was making a list

1) Paazaak/swoop racing (not even a contest, these need to be in game)

2) Expanded Companion storylines that require action on your part (not just talking)

3) Housing

and then maybe SS Relationship stuff

far from a priority and Bioware never said when it would be in, just it would.

It hasn't been rejected, it's confirmed as a post launch feature.

Read about it HERE.

So, your saying I am right ? A no is what has ben said ?

You have to make a difference between a "political no" and a blank "no". The first one is correct in this case. Having posponed it to a "after launch" without date means = political correct answer, you can traduce it with : no, it will never come but we cant tell you this due to our own forum rules and political correctness.

If your waiting for it...you can wait long. Without giving my personla point of view here.

BUT, if your right or I am...only time will tell, please kick me in some years if this comes after all.