We want Duel Spec!

wowmiscott

Any game that has classes that fill multiple roles (trinity in this case) needs a multi-spec system IMO. Yes we can respec on the fly now, but without changing gear and quickbars it is a clunky system. It's usable right now, but far from polished.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Field respec is not what we want. What we want is REAL DUAL SPEC.

Your use of caps makes me believe that you are sincere. However, with the advent of field respecs added to the fact that they are also free now, makes me believe (and hope) that dual-specs are a back-burner issue.

You can field respec, I don't think it's necessary.

exactly

Im constantly switching between sage healer and sage DPS on my main and Trooper healer and trooper DPS on my other main.

Even switch between Smuggler healer and dps on my alt when i play him

Why cant OP simply do this?

The hot bars dont change that much to be honest

just write down you preferences and make the few moves required

simple really

GW2 does this in a pretty good manner , you have one spec for your PVE and another one for PVP. I think it would be great to have two specs - one for PVP and the other one for PVE . When you do warzones , bam you are in your PVP spec and once you are back - you are on your PVE Spec.

Alternatively just allow like what WoW is doing , have two specs - one for your healing and the other one for your DPS but of course you are limited to your advance class

It doesn't really take that much to respec and I don't have the best of memories. You get familiar with playing a certain way anyway.

I find i'm less inclined to respec as I always forget to do it when I'm in that specific quadrant on the fleet. It's only AFTER i've traveled to my destination that I remember. For this reason I would love the ability to field respec given it's now free. Why do we need to lock in the spec at all?

When are we going to see duel specialization? There is always talk of it but instead they give subs free respec's. If you are like me you couldn't be bothered redoing all your talents and then setting up your action bars when there is a need for a role, just to have to do it all over again when you want to play the role you were in. We keep hearing BioWare is listening to us and reading our posts.... if this is true, then why just a band aid fix instead of implementing duel specs??? I don't see the importance of "emotes/moods" when you can get more out of the game with duel specs. I like to heal while raiding, but also like to DPS in PvP... but i would have to respec constantly to get the full enjoyment I would be looking for. Is there emote/mood for "*** Bioware, you would rather put extras in for free to play instead of giving your subscribers what they have been asking for before 1.2".

just no....We want? you mean You want!... WoW has that, go play it!

Maybe it's just me coming from old school Diablo II where you couldn't even respec a single placed point ever, but I don't favor the notion of dual specing at all. You'll get too much of the FotM happening.

Sorry the OP is having seconds thoughts on the decision he originally chose. Perhaps it's just the ol' 'the grass is greener on the other side of the fence' thing, but...

I prefer it the way it is now.

You can field respec, I don't think it's necessary.

And this is part of the problem, sure I can field respec... Then I have to relocate/reinstall all button configuration and gear as well. Sorry Field Respec is NOT Dual Spec... So please stop trying to pass that off as it!

Field respec dude. Essentially the same thing. Best and only thing I've bought off cartel market.

No not essentially the same thing... Learn what Dual Spec is... You have both specs already selected skill points and configurable hotbars in place that swap. Field Respec is nothing more than a point reset to include loss of hotbar configuration!

NOT A DUAL SPEC OPTION! But Bioware and other sheep have accepted that as all there will be...

Who is "we"?

Instant dual-spec button? No thanks.

Instant gear-change button? Yes please.

I'd accept this with the field respec, hell I'll make it one step further and easier... Allow the HOTBAR Items to be saved just like the UI Configuration and we select those. So I constantly dont have to remember to re-add redrag into correct place... Hell currently have to keep a screenshot to remember (yea sucks getting old) but 12 characters sucks to do that on.

Just to be sure, you mean you prefer the fact that I can (and do) respec in the middle of a PVP match?

good point!

No, I wish people couldn't respec so easily.

Yes, I misspoke. Guess I'm not exactly happy with the way it is now.

good day

As a commando, I support this. I constantly respec between healing and dd depending on what the team needs.

Field respec is probably the closest thing you'll ever get to a quick dual switch of skills though, and while it's not super fast, it does provide a respec wherever you go. For what it is, I love it. It's so incredibly convenient not to travel to the fleet every single time you want to respec.

Anyway.. Cake.

Edited by BounceDK

:p

No not essentially the same thing... Learn what Dual Spec is... You have both specs already selected skill points and configurable hotbars in place that swap. Field Respec is nothing more than a point reset to include loss of hotbar configuration!

NOT A DUAL SPEC OPTION! But Bioware and other sheep have accepted that as all there will be...

You keep asking for a feature that is already provided for you in a form that is in many ways superior to the model you have in mind. What is it in WoW's dualspec that makes it so aswesome you need 1:1 carbon copy of it?

It is clearly a 1:1of (Pre MOP) WoW's dualspec you want in TOR so why don't we compare them?

WoW's Dualspec: Freedom to pick between two different pre-assembled specs in highly convinient fashion. Game remembers your keybinds! This is all very user friendly as long as those two different pre-assembled specs is all you ever want.

TOR: Freedom to build and experiment with any damn spec you want anywhere anytime. Takes approx 90 secs longer than WoW's take. Way TOR does it is less convinient but gives you much more freedom and customizeability. .

WoW's dualspec stops being easy or convinient if you want to switch either of your already assembled specs around. Good luck trying to have ranged DPS, PvE healer, PVP healer on your caster for example. Or PVE tank PvP DPS, PVE DPS on your warrior.

When switching between Focus and Prot on my lvl 50 Guardian, there are three or four buttons in action bar I have to move around. Entire respeccing process+action bar tuning takes 1-2 mins max.

Stop asking for stuff that is already implemented in your game in perfectly satisfying fashion. Stop thinking every feature that isn't a 1:1 copy from WoW is a flaw. Focus on whining about things that are genuinely flawed about this game. Stop going BAAABIODRONEOMG when people point this out to you.

Does all this mean having identical-to-WoW dual(or uhh trial?) spec option in TOR would be a bad thing? No sir! I just don't get why anyone would consider it a high priority. You have five million more valid and relevant things to ask for/whine about. Everything dual spec offers is already provided for you.

Edited by Stradlin

:p

You keep asking for a feature that is already provided for you in a form that is in many ways superior to the model you have in mind. What is it in WoW's dualspec that makes it so aswesome you need 1:1 carbon copy of it?

It is clearly a 1:1of (Pre MOP) WoW's dualspec you want in TOR so why don't we compare them?

WoW's Dualspec: Freedom to pick between two different pre-assembled specs in highly convinient fashion. Game remembers your keybinds! This is all very user friendly as long as those two different pre-assembled specs is all you ever want.

TOR: Freedom to build and experiment with any damn spec you want anywhere anytime. Takes approx 90 secs longer than WoW's take. Way TOR does it is less convinient but gives you much more freedom and customizeability. .

WoW's dualspec stops being easy or convinient if you want to switch either of your already assembled specs around. Good luck trying to have ranged DPS, PvE healer, PVP healer on your caster for example. Or PVE tank PvP DPS, PVE DPS on your warrior.

When switching between Focus and Prot on my lvl 50 Guardian, there are three or four buttons in action bar I have to move around. Entire respeccing process+action bar tuning takes 1-2 mins max.

Stop asking for stuff that is already implemented in your game in perfectly satisfying fashion. Stop thinking every feature that isn't a 1:1 copy from WoW is a flaw. Focus on whining about things that are genuinely flawed about this game. Stop going BAAABIODRONEOMG when people point this out to you.

Does all this mean having identical-to-WoW dual(or uhh trial?) spec option in TOR would be a bad thing? No sir! I just don't get why anyone would consider it a high priority. You have five million more valid and relevant things to ask for/whine about. Everything dual spec offers is already provided for you.

Taking 1-2 mins is no good when you're in a WZ. That is the problem. The dual spec from WoW allows you to swap nearly instantly.

And switching from healer to dps and vice versa has more keybind switching too.

Edited by Smashbrother