lightsabers still bugged?

Dicey

Really? This game just celebrated it's first anniversary! However, our companians still have bugged lightsabers. This is a Star Wars game, you cannot have bugged lightsabers, it's unacceptable.

Is Bioware hoping that players will just get used to it?

I have found that if you Toggle you companions stance...this doesn't happen. And anniversary isn't until Dec 20,

Until you do anything they you have to toggle it again (and again and again). Bugged is bugged is bugged.

The Cartel doublehanded lightsaber is also bugged with one of the blades disapearing half the time.

What bugs?

there is only one thing for me , sometimes when i first tiem spwn my companion it has its sabers on even when not wielding the sword.. BUT after first combat it is nice again...

this is a not so hard issue id say.. why so much complain?

I guess i am lucky since I don't have any issue with all of my 11 characters.

However if it is still exist in some way, I rather they fix the damn smuggler ship bug first (player got trapped in empty smuggler ship cell by group with smuggler), it is getting old to see kids over react to the poor strangers whom is trapped in death trap.

What bugs?

there is only one thing for me , sometimes when i first tiem spwn my companion it has its sabers on even when not wielding the sword.. BUT after first combat it is nice again...

this is a not so hard issue id say.. why so much complain?

I've heard of blind fanboys but your taking to a literal sense. I wasn't aware this game is available in braille. If there is anyone that this "sometimes" happens to will you please contact support and let them find what it is you have that only makes it "sometimes".

Really? This game just celebrated it's first anniversary! However, our companians still have bugged lightsabers. This is a Star Wars game, you cannot have bugged lightsabers, it's unacceptable.

It happens to Jedi Shadows as well, not just companions, If it hasn't already been said.

Just turn the stance off completely..... you lose whatever the stance offers, but no more bug, ever.

Just turn the stance off completely..... you lose whatever the stance offers, but no more bug, ever.

Untrue, with Nadia Grell on my 50 sage, if I toggle stance it DOES indeed fix it... momentarily, as soon as next combat's over, its back to being bugged.

Edited by Nanglez

Untrue, with Nadia Grell on my 50 sage, if I toggle stance it DOES indeed fix it... momentarily, as soon as next combat's over, its back to being bugged.

Again, don't toggle it off and then back on, turn it off completely. The current reason for the bug is that every time you enter a new area, summon your companion, demount, etc, your companion automatically draws their weapons and performs their stance animation. If you turn the stance off completely (again, NOT toggle off and then back on), they stop auto-stancing when summoned. Which stops the lightsaber through the head issue.

If you don't believe me, go test it. Turn the stance off, and then mount/demount a few times. Then turn it back on and do the same.

Again, don't toggle it off and then back on, turn it off completely. The current reason for the bug is that every time you enter a new area, summon your companion, demount, etc, your companion automatically draws their weapons and performs their stance animation. If you turn the stance off completely (again, NOT toggle off and then back on), they stop auto-stancing when summoned. Which stops the lightsaber through the head issue.

If you don't believe me, go test it. Turn the stance off, and then mount/demount a few times. Then turn it back on and do the same.

Please tell me your not being serious. You are trolling right? Your not honestly suggesting that anyone playing a saber swinging companion nerf themselves and EA gets a pass on this are you?

Like the OP said this is Star Wars, lightsabers are kind of like a signature of Star Wars, if there's something not to bork up it's lightsabers or EVERYONE notices and goes W T F.

Edited by -Me-

Please tell me your not being serious. You are trolling right? Your not honestly suggesting that anyone playing a saber swinging companion nerf themselves and EA gets a pass on this are you?

Like the OP said this is Star Wars, lightsabers are kind of like a signature of Star Wars, if there's something not to bork up it's lightsabers or EVERYONE notices and goes W T F.

Did I say that this is the proper solution? Did I say that it's not a big deal? As a matter of fact, this is one of THE most annoying bugs in the game to me and I've actually started threads on the subject. I simply stated a way for people to not be constantly annoyed by having to watch their companions constantly skewer themselves ever time they're summoned. This bug HAS to be fixed, I agree. But, for now, you can leave the stance OFF when running around fleet, and not have to worry about the bug occurring every time Rocket boost wear off.

Nice over reaction though.

Edited by Galbatorrix

turn stance off?

what stance? and where?

Press "~"

It opens the companions ability menu. Find the stance that's currently turned on (they normally have two) and right click it. If you want to turn it back on in an area where you need it, you just turn it back on. And like I said before, this is just a work around until it gets fixed (I say this because apparently some people love to over react to temporary work arounds....)

Did I say that this is the proper solution? Did I say that it's not a big deal? As a matter of fact, this is one of THE most annoying bugs in the game to me and I've actually started threads on the subject. I simply stated a way for people to not be constantly annoyed by having to watch their companions constantly skewer themselves ever time they're summoned. This bug HAS to be fixed, I agree. But, for now, you can leave the stance OFF when running around fleet, and not have to worry about the bug occurring every time Rocket boost wear off.

Nice over reaction though.

Just asking, you know how some people are around here and wouldn't surprise me to see such a answer. We're cool, I renewed faith your normal now.

Press "~"

It opens the companions ability menu. Find the stance that's currently turned on (they normally have two) and right click it. If you want to turn it back on in an area where you need it, you just turn it back on. And like I said before, this is just a work around until it gets fixed (I say this because apparently some people love to over react to temporary work arounds....)

Ohh that , thanks , but i have less buff then or not?

This has been a minor nuissance for a while now. What I really hope they fix (hopefully tomorrow) is the companion 'Match to Chest' function. I started playing the trooper last week and my companions all dress like clowns with their blue helmets and orange boots. Edited by Lionflash