For the love of God, give us the option to NOT backfill.

MidichIorian

I'm fed up with this **** and if anything makes me quit the game it's going to be the backfill mechanic. I've never understood it in other games and I'm certainly not going to understand it in this game. If you think backfilling is fine you're obviously not playing to win and if that's the case you shouldnt be playing in the first place. I'm not saying that you should freak out over a loss but the whole point is to atleast try to win. Hence the scoreboard.

By being forced into games that are about to end or have passed the point where it's theoretically impossible to turn the game they've eliminated the whole point of the game. Might aswell take five minutes and toss a ball against a wall instead, it's about as productive.

To make things worse you'll sometimes get thrown into the same game several times in a row. So you will get tossed into a Huttball game that is 0-3 after 2 minutes, you quit and re-queue just to get thrown into the same game, now being 0-5. In a worst case scenario you'll have enough time to rinse and repeat a third time.

How is this fun?

Seeing how casual games such as those in the COD franchise have utilized the system for quite some time now I'm well aware that a good deal of players are ok with backfilling. So let those players use it and allow those of us who arent interested in backfilling turn it off.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

/support

i see no reason why bioware cant add a visual item to the queue GUI that says "Join warzone currently in progress?"

do i think it should be a high priority? nah, but its one of those quality of life things that they seem to love doing above all else

only if they gave a 24 hour ban( full ban from game ) to people who quit WZs. strange that people who dont want to be backfilled into a WZ are usually the same people who leave WZs all the time.

little harsh, dont ya think? :eek:

15 minute lockout of wzs would be fine. most other games have this exact mechanic. so if youre just being a tool, you have to wait. but if you have a legit emergency and have to bail youre not locked out the rest of the day

Are you trying to use something you just made up as a counter argument? There's no evidence of those two belonging to the same group.

guess you havnt read some of the posts in this very thread or other threads like it. go reread it and you see people complaining that, "i get put back into the same WZ i just quit!".

guess you havnt read some of the posts in this very thread or other threads like it. go reread it and you see people complaining that, "i get put back into the same WZ i just quit!".
There's nothing like that in this thread other than my own comment in the OP, which revolved around having to backfill the same game several times.

The backfiller should get all the medals that the one who left has accumulated so far. That way it won't be such a waste of time for the backfiller but of course the one who left get's nothing.
That would probably make some people happy but my main problem with this is that I'm getting thrown into a game that isnt worth playing due to the outcome already being decided. Might aswell go sit on Ilum and wait for some stray person to show up because without the score it's no different than ow-pvp.

/support

i see no reason why bioware cant add a visual item to the queue GUI that says "Join warzone currently in progress?"

do i think it should be a high priority? nah, but its one of those quality of life things that they seem to love doing above all else

I would take the invite (:

I'm fed up with this **** and if anything makes me quit the game it's going to be the backfill mechanic. I've never understood it in other games and I'm certainly not going to understand it in this game. If you think backfilling is fine you're obviously not playing to win and if that's the case you shouldnt be playing in the first place. I'm not saying that you should freak out over a loss but the whole point is to atleast try to win. Hence the scoreboard.

By being forced into games that are about to end or have passed the point where it's theoretically impossible to turn the game they've eliminated the whole point of the game. Might aswell take five minutes and toss a ball against a wall instead, it's about as productive.

To make things worse you'll sometimes get thrown into the same game several times in a row. So you will get tossed into a Huttball game that is 0-3 after 2 minutes, you quit and re-queue just to get thrown into the same game, now being 0-5. In a worst case scenario you'll have enough time to rinse and repeat a third time.

How is this fun?

Seeing how casual games such as those in the COD franchise have utilized the system for quite some time now I'm well aware that a good deal of players are ok with backfilling. So let those players use it and allow those of us who arent interested in backfilling turn it off.

L2Premade

Are you trying to use something you just made up as a counter argument? There's no evidence of those two belonging to the same group.

Oh but they are - "you guys fkn suck l2p u fkn scrubs" "**** this im done" *quits wz* requeues *backfilled into another losing wz* "FFS BACKFILLED INTO A FKN LOSING WZ"

Then comes to the forums and cries about it :rolleyes:

Edited by Didy_Kush

little harsh, dont ya think? :eek:

15 minute lockout of wzs would be fine.

15 will not change anything. A wz can last between 2 (huttball 6-0) and ca 15 mins. If you are in a "terrible" WZ that can last up to 15 mins, why stay?

Edited by Veniras

How is this fun?

i agree this is a must!

and immediately one side has advantage 2 plus ... players just end the match

problem fixed

1-There should be a good penalty for pulling out of a warzone in the first place, ie at least 15 minutes before you can queue again.

2-Back filling will still get you warzone points so many people aren't that worried and they are still getting pvp game time, if you don't backfill and people leave early as they don't like the group composition then they really would be wasting their time and may as well introduce a white flag option but this would obviously be abused to run up points much quicker by giving up very early often.

Always take the queue, go in always do your best and do what you can.......if we all did the same we'd all be laughing.

15 will not change anything. A wz can last between 2 (huttball 6-0) and ca 15 mins. If you are in a "terrible" WZ that can last up to 15 mins, why stay?

say there is a 15 minute lockout debuff for leaving early.

you start a Civil War. 2 minutes into youve lost 2 turrets, and its clear you have bums for teammates. you could then:

a) continue fighting, maybe try to organize a comeback, w/e. you'll get valor, comms etc after ~15m when the wz ends

b) leave the warzone, get no rewards, and wait 15m

without being able to potentially get into another WZ right away, people will be more likely to choose option a), and get something for their time invested, rather than get nothing AND have to wait the same amount of time to get into another wz

without being able to potentially get into another WZ right away, people will be more likely to choose option a), and get something for their time invested, rather than get nothing AND have to wait the same amount of time to get into another wz

Ah, you assume playing > no playing.

From my experince serenity > aggravating WZ. I'd rather take the debuff and do something else than to have to stay in a WZ that is frustrating me.

say there is a 15 minute lockout debuff for leaving early.

you start a Civil War. 2 minutes into youve lost 2 turrets, and its clear you have bums for teammates. you could then:

a) continue fighting, maybe try to organize a comeback, w/e. you'll get valor, comms etc after ~15m when the wz ends

b) leave the warzone, get no rewards, and wait 15m

has'nt kept people from quitting in other games.. people are'nt wired that way it seems

Oh but they are - "you guys fkn suck l2p u fkn scrubs" "**** this im done" *quits wz* requeues *backfilled into another losing wz* "FFS BACKFILLED INTO A FKN LOSING WZ"

Then comes to the forums and cries about it :rolleyes:

You and others are replying as if that's something I do O_o

I will load the game, notice that it's on-going, look at the score/timer to see if I have a reasonable chance at affecting the outcome and then either play the game until it's over or instantly quit. By not allowing me, and others, to see the current score/time before enterering the game BW is actually hurting the team we would have ended up on more. The team, that in my opinion deserves to lose without backfillers, will have to wait longer for a replacement if people who will quit, like myself, first have to load the map before they make the decision to leave or stay. We're going to quit anyway so there's no reason for not giving us the option to either turn off backfilling or allow us to see what we are joining.

And NO, I will never consider myself a deserter for leaving a warzone where the outcome was decided before I joined. It's like taking the blame and punishment for something you didnt do.