Subscribers should get more cartel coins each month.

Demonbreun

a monthly subscription should allow us the same number of coins that free-to-play players get for spending the same amount of money.

if i pay $15/month then i should get what free-to-play players get for $15 for each month that i subscribe. this should also be retro-active to account for the difference since launch.

FTP players ONLY get the coins for their $15. You get over 5 bucks worth of coins AND unlimited access to the entire game for your $15.

You're paying less that $10 for unlimited access at this point.... be happy.

Edited by Galbatorrix

a monthly subscription should allow us the same number of coins that free-to-play players get for spending the same amount of money.

if i pay $15/month then i should get what free-to-play players get for $15 for each month that i subscribe. this should also be retro-active to account for the difference since launch.

Need better arguments instead of "I pay 15 quid a month". Buying and upkeeping all the passes and unlocks (not speaking about vanity equipment) will cost f2p much much more than a subscriber. You subscribe to keep stuff unlocked and have it, pretty much, like it was before f2p conversion.

However there should be either price decrease or more cartel coins each month. Prices for the equipment are ridiculously high and it would be more reasonable to grant us 1200 so we can afford at least ONE set a month. They're not even legacy bound.

You get more then they do, just not in the form of coins. You get coins + full and unrestricted access to content they have to pay coins to get.

BUT.. here is a simple solution...... drop your sub and buy $15 worth of coins per month. Your problem is now solved. Me... I'm keeping my sub and collecting my monthly allowance of coins thank you.

I get 550 a month (for being on the 3 month plan), and an additonal 100 for owning a security key (IMO a surprising and welcomed bonus), for a total of 650 a month. I feel satisfied with that amount.

I think this all stems from the people who blew their 2000 + coins on the first day and now want more. I haven't spend any yet and I'm sitting on 3000, and waiting for my december bonus.

I did this because if I was a sneaky developer I would release a bunch of decently mediocre Cartel Shop items the first month to get people to blow their CC load on. Then the next month I would release some incredibly awesome armors, mounts and stuff that I've been sitting on so that the subbers who are sitting at 0 CC now go and buy more.

I think the monthly amount is ok, it just doesn't seem like a lot because a lot of things in the cartel market are priced too highly and should have their price adjusted.

This....1000 times this. The coins aren't an issue, it's how expensive everything is. To basically gen anything extra, you will spend your coins on 1 purchase. It's ridiculous. Lower the damn prices to make the cost for the items actually worth it.

You get more then they do, just not in the form of coins. You get coins + full and unrestricted access to content they have to pay coins to get.

BUT.. here is a simple solution...... drop your sub and buy $15 worth of coins per month. Your problem is now solved. Me... I'm keeping my sub and collecting my monthly allowance of coins thank you.

That's apples and oranges though.

A regular $15 a month income is worth more to EA than a patchy income (even one that adds up to the same per year).

I'm not sure that $15 worth of cartel coins per month is right, but the amount we currently get does seem a bit low for the value subscribers give EA.

I get 550 a month (for being on the 3 month plan), and an additonal 100 for owning a security key (IMO a surprising and welcomed bonus), for a total of 650 a month. I feel satisfied with that amount.

I think this all stems from the people who blew their 2000 + coins on the first day and now want more. I haven't spend any yet and I'm sitting on 3000, and waiting for my december bonus.

I did this because if I was a sneaky developer I would release a bunch of decently mediocre Cartel Shop items the first month to get people to blow their CC load on. Then the next month I would release some incredibly awesome armors, mounts and stuff that I've been sitting on so that the subbers who are sitting at 0 CC now go and buy more.

I disagree with the OP and have not spent any of my CCs yet. There were only one or two things that I liked in the Cartel Shop and I picked them up pretty cheaply on the GTN where prices are dropping like a rock.

I am not sure if there is a plot to hold the awesome stuff, but will wait to see if future goods tempt me. Until then I will watch my coins pile up from month to month.

My wife and I have paid for our subs (not the underwater or edible ones) since launch and see no difference in what we are getting for the same price now that f2p has launced. So the CCs are just an extra to us and the amount that we get each month does not take away from the value recieved for our sub (not the underwater or edible ones).

Edited by asbalana

Keep in mind the entire point of the cartel shop is so we spend more money and thus support our game better.

The only ones who should be getting directed to cartel shop to "support the game" are the ones who aren't already PAYING A SUBSCRIPTION EACH MONTH.

People who pay a subscription should never have to go to a cash shop to get their goodies - they should all be freely given to us ingame. Should be friggin' raining loot and rewards ingame when you pay a sub.

No dummy... obviously he didn't mean he was an underwater submarine... geez. Obviously he's saying he's a sandwich.

Are you wholegrain? Do you have olives?

You OBVIOUSLY have no idea what you are talking about.

He isn't a sammich, he is obviously a Substitute Teacher.

Your right!

And subscribers should also get:

A Magic Hutt that has a rainbow aura and the special ability to craft "I win" buttons to instantly level all the subscriber's toons on their account to 50 fully geared with maxium credits, all datacrons, all codex entries and maxed crafting skills and all the items in the CC Store. Then a special cinematic much akin to the end of the South Park Guitar Hero will play with a magic ticket to a new game called "outside".

/sarc

:rolleyes:

Edited by Urael

if you have tons of credits at your disposal, that's a great stradegy. But you missed out on selling some items at insane prices, like those white crystals. Prices have dropped considerably since F2P launched

Keep in mind the entire point of the cartel shop is so we spend more money and thus support our game better.

Is it fair that the money we spent earlier this year went into development of the cash shop with items we'll have to pay for, once more, instead of all the new content James Ohlen was excited about? :)