Green crystal fix or add a new crystal?-OPINION/POLL

Renneium

I find the thing most funny about this is that on SWTOR spy there is a crystal called lime green that is supposedly going to be put in the Cartel Shop. How much limer can you get than the one we have right now?

Perhaps they're fixing the color in game and are selling the current lime green version on the cartel market soon. Otherwise, that really doesn't make much sense.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps they're fixing the color in game and are selling the current lime green version on the cartel market soon. Otherwise, that really doesn't make much sense.

It's likely they aim to release a lime-core green crystal. It will follow the logic after the pink-purple, the cyan-blue and the other one that have been spoted by some dataminers : orange-red.

I understand that the cartel shop benefits EAWare by selling the good stuff, but what about artificers, sure all the multicolored crystals end up as endgame/pvp removals or cartel loot that can be used at 10, but a single colors?

Honestly, as an Artifice, the profession is already borked, I'd rather they made player customization awesome then fix Crew Skills later instead of letting both system languish in mediocrity.

Luke's lightsaber in RotJ is technically an emerald hue. I would love an emerald color crystal in-game, as well as viridian with a silver core.

/signed for Emerald and Silver/Viridian Crystals

I never really thought about that but emerald IS the hue of lukes lightsaber, hopefully more people will post here and let bioware know need to add Emerald green crystal.

As many know, back in beta green lightsabers looked PERFECT shortly before launch the game received a patch in which the green crystal color was changed to THIS and most people I've spoken with loathe it, clamoring for bioware to change it back.

However, through the many threads (yes I realize there have been many posts on this topic) I have come to see that there are some who actually like the green the way it is. I feel this is an issue Bioware should take note of and so this thread asks a simple question of the SWTOR community: What would YOU prefer? Fix the color of the crystal to the more CANON movie color? or ADD a new crystal ala Pink/purple and yellow/orange?

Thank you all who positively participate in this thread.

-On a side note, I recently came back to the game last friday after leaving in May, with a hope that issues like this had been resolved as I as well as many others have been discussing this issue since it was changed in beta with ZERO dev responses since. I realize this is NOT a huge problem for some and certainly not a high priority given the many problems this game continues to have however, for some this, along with archetypical jedi robes with hoods down, would make rolling a jedi 10x more enjoyable and that is why I continue to press this issue.

You do know Luke's green lightsaber used a synthetic crystal right? Since our characters, and artificers are using natural crystals it only makes sense the color is different.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know if this is mentioned earlier in the thread, but is it possible that the colour has never changed and that the difference you are seeing is down to the lighting in game? (which is usually polished and added later on in the life of a beta).

Has nothing to do with the lighting, the green shade has jumped from perfectness to lime/yellow. Dev's really need to have someone post on one of these threads.

Hot damn. They actually -used- to look proper? And they changed it? :\

When I first met Yadira Ban on the Brentaal Star I was surprised they had given a yellow-green crystal (this was the first green lightsaber I'd seen in the game) to a mere padawan boss that would play no further part in the game. Seemed a bit of a waste to put a unique colour on her. Was quite surprised later on when I learned it was, in fact, just "green".

Hot damn. They actually -used- to look proper? And they changed it? :\

When I first met Yadira Ban on the Brentaal Star I was surprised they had given a yellow-green crystal (this was the first green lightsaber I'd seen in the game) to a mere padawan boss that would play no further part in the game. Seemed a bit of a waste to put a unique colour on her. Was quite surprised later on when I learned it was, in fact, just "green".

Yeah I've been dealing with this problem since the beta, just would like to hear the dev's feedback of them saying " Yes we understand and are going to fix this." But they seem to not believe there's a issue. So I finally just said screw it...I'm using blue till it's fixed, I won't even use my favorite hilt either.

Changing the current crystal isn't a good idea though. Doubtlessly there are people who like it, just as there are those who don't. Adding a "new" one would be the right choice imo, preferably reasonably obtainable. Artifice could use more colours but I fear any additions at this point will either be in late-game gear or cartel market. Seems to be the trend.

Changing the current crystal isn't a good idea though. Doubtlessly there are people who like it, just as there are those who don't. Adding a "new" one would be the right choice imo, preferably reasonably obtainable. Artifice could use more colours but I fear any additions at this point will either be in late-game gear or cartel market. Seems to be the trend.

My vote is to have the "actual" green crystals to be fixed into the old green then release a yellow green as the new crystal. I mean...the beta green was here first really.

For what the OP said, I say both. Add a new crystal, but make it the "old green". Rename the current one to "Lime", while naming the new one with the old look to "Green". At least, that appears to be the direction that BioWare is going to go with this, if they actually go that far.

It would be less work, as they would only have to do renames and adding new items, as opposed to effect changes and adding new items.

Edited by Nichos_Ketra

For what the OP said, I say both. Add a new crystal, but make it the "old green". Rename the current one to "Lime", while naming the new one with the old look to "Green". At least, that appears to be the direction that BioWare is going to go with this, if they actually go that far.

It would be less work, as they would only have to do renames and adding new items, as opposed to effect changes and adding new items.

Do you really think they will do it? At this point it seemed as if they didn't want to or feel the need to fix green.

Do you really think they will do it? At this point it seemed as if they didn't want to or feel the need to fix green.

Well, they felt enough like it to make a series of Lime-Green color combo Cartel crystals, meaning that they actually bothered to put in the effort into making an actual green to combo the current color up with. That means we're all a whole lot closer to getting a real *green* green, and adding it in as a new color and renaming the rest would take much less work than to change the colors of all the pre-existing "green" color crystals in the game.

Edited by Nichos_Ketra

Well, they felt enough like it to make a series of Lime-Green color combo Cartel crystals, meaning that they actually bothered to put in the effort into making an actual green to combo the current color up with. That means we're all a whole lot closer to getting a real *green* green, and adding it in as a new color and renaming the rest would take much less work than to change the colors of all the pre-existing "green" color crystals in the game.

Would it hurt a Dev to let us know they're doing that?

Would it hurt a Dev to let us know they're doing that?

As I've said many times before, I would like to see a dev respond to this as well.

I remember when they took in community questions and answered them on here, a bunch of people, who I used to play the game with, would all post the same question about this in every thread they did and it never got answered...needless to say they don't play anymore.

I mean how many threads have been posted about this issue and there has been no response, its ridiculous.