Maitenance during APAC primetime... again..

Nanglez

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Er... ok. :confused:

Anything to add about the point that there ARE too many unplanned bugfix-fix patches?

Better they fix their mistakes immediately than waiting for a week to fix them in the next maintenance (which is usually what companies do, hence the reason why others dont have as many "quickfix" downtimes).

Better they fix their mistakes immediately than waiting for a week to fix them in the next maintenance (which is usually what companies do, hence the reason why others dont have as many "quickfix" downtimes).

Hmm.... no not really, I agree they do fix them pretty quickly, but they are the sort of bugs no MMORPG would (or could) leave for too long.

They do however leave a lot of bugs for a while (the companion preview window has been broken since F2P, for example - and still is broke, I just checked - or the inspect PC feature for that matter - still broken too) when they aren't causing direct problems.

But the point is this bugs that need to be fixed quickly shouldn't be going Live in the first place, as they don't in most other MMORPGs.

I was pretty patient with this aspect for a long time (a lot of the people I came to SWTOR quit citing excessive downtime as part of their reason), but I think I've largely reached the limit of my tolerance with it. Clearly it's a systemic management flaw, they seem to just be pushing stuff Live (maybe to meet deadlines) and fixing it Live, rather than fixing it first.

Edited by Goretzu

I would rather have two hours of maintenance every day if that would mean that we would get fixes sooner. The only thing that worries me about that is those two hours they need for 1 fix. It's always 2 or 4 hours. Why? What do they have to do that takes them that long EVERY time?

I think that if they would change the way they do maintenance and would publish fixes daily but with much, much less downtime, ti would be best.

Hmm.... no not really, I agree they do fix them pretty quickly, but they are the sort of bugs no MMORPG would (or could) leave for too long.

They do however leave a lot of bugs for a while (the companion preview window has been broken since F2P, for example - and still is broke, I just checked - or the inspect PC feature for that matter - still broken too) when they aren't causing direct problems.

But the point is this bugs that need to be fixed quickly shouldn't be going Live in the first place, as they don't in most other MMORPGs.

I was pretty patient with this aspect for a long time (a lot of the people I came to SWTOR quit citing excessive downtime as part of their reason), but I think I've largely reached the limit of my tolerance with it. Clearly it's a systemic management flaw, they seem to just be pushing stuff Live (maybe to meet deadlines) and fixing it Live, rather than fixing it first.

What "other mmos"? Pretty much every MMO I've played has downtime within a few days of every major patch. I don't think WoW has EVER had a patch without any problems, and they have people actually testing.

Also, you want bugs fixed? PLAY THE PTS AND REPORT THEM! If no one plays the PTS then of course bugs will make it to live.

Edited by ckoneful

What "other mmos"? Pretty much every MMO I've played has downtime within a few days of every major patch. I don't think WoW has EVER had a patch without any problems, and they have people actually testing.

Also, you want bugs fixed? PLAY THE PTS AND REPORT THEM! If no one plays the PTS then of course bugs will make it to live.

UO, EQ1, DAoC, AO, AoC, PS, EQ2, EvE, WoW (pre-WOTLK), LOTRO, even WAR (:eek:), none had as much unscheduled down time.

Fair enough SWTOR has less server crash problems than many of those did, but then so do most MMORPGs these days compared to 10+ years ago.

As to the public test server, this is my point; many do get caught and reported on there, and they get pushed Live anyway, a better system that would catch more would be a permenant test server, but that still wouldn't matter if their management policy is to push non-server crashing bugs Live and then fix them.

I mean really is there nothing Bioware EA can do to reduce on their downtime to fix downtime changes? :confused: I very much doubt it.

Why does this game have so much maintenance all the time. I could have sworn we had maintencance tuesday right? Can't we have maintenance ONE time out of the week? :confused:

I assume you want your game bugs fixed like everyone else in any game. Chill.

Who *********** cares if anyone thinks im whining about maintenance. Who cares if it lasted 5 minutes, I wanna play TOR. I honestly don't even have to play this mediocre MMO cause thats what I think it is.

So what will you have me rather do, whine about why theres maintenance all the time or just pack my bags and bail on TOR like 1 million people did and not even support this game. You're call White Knights.

I get that it's to fix minor bugs, all I wanted to know was why are they bringing down the servers at the time and why they do this all the time at the most convenient times when I choose to play this game.

Edited by DuckKing

Who *********** cares if anyone thinks im whining about maintenance. Who cares if it lasted 5 minutes, I wanna play TOR. I honestly don't even have to play this mediocre MMO cause thats what I think it is.

So what will you have me rather do, whine about why theres maintenance all the time or just pack my bags and bail on TOR like 1 million people did and not even support this game. You're call White Knights.

I get that it's to fix minor bugs, all I wanted to know was why are they bringing down the servers at the time and why they do this all the time at the most convenient times when I choose to play this game.

O.o, ok.. let me get this right.

1 - You want to play TOR but at the same time you dnt have too cause its a mediocre game?

2 - So, since you dnt have nothing to do and alltough you acknowledged that its to fix minor bugs you complain nevertheless?

Point 2 brings me up to point 1. Uhmmm..

So basically you are bored cause you cant play TOR and just camed to forums to troll around.

Edited by Kophar

O.o, ok.. let me get this right.

1 - You want to play TOR but at the same time you dnt have too cause its a mediocre game? Funny.

2 - So, since you dnt have nothing to do and alltough you acknowledged that its to fix minor bugs you complain nevertheless?

But point 2 brings me up to point 1. Uhmmm..

1. Yes I want to play TOR, is that a problem? Yea I think it's mediocre and not a AAA MMO that it's claimed to be, you find my opinion funny, good for you.

2. I complain just like the whole world does, welcome to the internet or rather earth and no I had nothing else to do in the middle of the night, is that not a good enough reason for you?

Edited by DuckKing

1. Yes I want to play TOR, is that a problem? Yea I think it's mediocre and not a AAA MMO that it's claimed to be, you find my opinion funny, good for you.

2. I complain just like the whole world does, welcome to the internet or rather earth and no I had nothing else to do in the middle of the night, is that not a good enough reason for you?

M8 you are trolling so, /ignore

M8 you are trolling so, /ignore

wow really? I'd love to see you accuse people of trolling if they give negative feedback to a bussines from an upset customer. I was upset, not trolling, get over it. I've personally already gotten over the maintenance long ago, I come back almost an hour later and people like you are blowing up my thread.

Edited by DuckKing

Ahahah, hilarious. Ahh, the short memory of peeps is unbelivable.

It's true, even WoW (pre-WoTLK never played it after that).

WoW had server stability issues, certainly, but had much less patch to fix the patch fix and less unscheduled downtime over all in vanilla and Burning Crusade.

SWTOR must be getting close to averaging a patch to fix every patch, which is getting silly 12 months into the game.

Still only ever ONE unscheduled maintenance in US prime time.

And they got a free day for it.

Equality please.

Yeah the two-teir systems isn't particularly helpful either, but less bugs going Live would help in both contexts.

You'd pack your bags and leave if a bug made the game unplayable for you. Which is what the purple gear issue did for a lot of people.

In the world of an MMO actually funded well enough to have people constantly on the ball, fixing stuff, this would never be an issue. But it's not that well funded, and here we are.

These thursday unexpected server down times for fixes hits me right in my prime time gaming hours for the week. I put up with them cause I like the game for the most part and I figure they are fixing aomething important for some one.

Last nights patch was my turn it fixed the purple gear bug for me. I had just recently leveled and re'd my old gear for mats with all new purple crafted gear ready to be equipped on my character. Well with the bug I couldn't wear any of it. The healer in my regular group had a hard time keeping me alive with half my normal health. if I was playing solo It would have been unplayable.

Edited by Ichimi
Spelling

I would rather have two hours of maintenance every day if that would mean that we would get fixes sooner.
As long as it would start 8pm NYC time then yes, I am for it too. :D

Right now I hear we have EU servers in Ireland, so I assume that maintenance crew is possibly also in Ireland, so it is naturally logical to have EU maintenance starting when even the most dedicated US players go sleep and finished when they wake up. ;)